“Great Place to Saty”

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Minden, Nevada
“Great Place to Saty”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I have stayed here three times and each time was a great experience, My good friend Bob Oettinger reviewed it elsewhere negatively, but I think that his was a fluke. I have always found the staff to be accommodating. The facility is immaculate, the breakfast is great (eggs cooked to order and large selection of everything else), super little restaurant down the hill, huge pool overlooking Managua and Lake Managua. It was also convenient for me because I was going to the Pacific beaches. The internet service for me was as good as U.S., my needs are simple laptop first time, iPad thereafter. I have stayed at the upscale Seminole downtown and it was very good but at a much higher price point. I have never had a problem with reservations, hope they have that straightened out for the rest of you. If you like to gamble, there's a casino on the other side of the parking lot.

Room Tip: There are sometimes parties/receptions at the pool in the evening. Never bothered me, but if these t...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MindenJim
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Dear Guest.

We greatly appreciate your comment. We are delighted that your stay was a success and we have many positive comments from you.

We hope to have again honored by your visit soon and keep providing the best care.

Best regards,

Sincerely

Guest Relations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This hotel has the worst internet system and service of any I have ever used and web access is expensive to boot. Its software allows only one device per room, so that you can only use one phone or one computer, but not both at once. It also drops any device from the web when the keyboard is inactive for a few minutes, requiring many slow log-ins. Otherwise, the in-hotel restaurants (one specializing in sushi/Japanese food) are very good. The staff is excellent. Don’t stay here if you intend to do business over the internet and phone in Managua and are not willing to pay a large surcharge for extra devices.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank John B
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Dear guest.

Kindest regards from all the staff of the hotel.

We appreciate the time spent to write your comments about your stay.

Comments like these help us to improve the quality of the services we offer to our guests.

Our job is to constantly improve the quality and customer service, the opinions of our guests are of real importance.

We hope your visit again, will be a pleasure to serve.

Thank you very much.

Attentively
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed at this location for the first time and was not disappointed. The hotel is well appointed, has excellent customer service and very clean rooms. Location is a bit outside of the downtown area so you will need to take a taxi to most locations.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear customer,

I appreciate your comments, it is comforting to know that your stay was pleasant and the effort of our staff was positive.

Our main goal is to exceed the expectations of our customers, so we prepare every detail to make your stay an unforgettable experience.

We hope to have you as our guest soon and provide you the most attention.

Best regards!

Sincerely.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Nice hotel, very roomy, breakfast not so good but I had good meals during lunch time (not at the buffet). I had problems when checking-in AND checking-out. First one of the rooms that we had reserved was not confirmed by their system, second they had our reservation all wrong and didn't even know that we had granted free wi-fi internet at the moment we made our online reservation, third they wanted to charge us more than the value of the reservation. Probably I would go back there, but I would be a lot more careful with their online reservation system.

Room Tip: Make sure your reservation is confirmed!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear Guest:

Receive a warm greeting from the staff of the Hotel Barceló Managua.

Thank you for taking time to answer the survey on Trip Advisor, it is great opportunities to get the feed backs from our guests and take action to improve all our services.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you have during your stay.

We hope you give us the opportunity to serve again ito improve the discomfort suffered on your last stay.

Thanks again and I hope we can serve you soon at the Barceló Managua.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed here a few years ago but just found this site. I had a HORRIBLE experience at this place and would not return if they paid ME!!!

I made reservations online for 4 days but got sick on my 2nd day there. I decided to check out and return to Managua and made it to the desk 5 minutes after the check-out time. No problem; rules are rules and I only asked for a 1 day refund rather than 2. The run around I got from the 2 Receptionists was astounding. They insisted I might want to return even though I told them I was extremely sick and this would never happen. After 30 minutes of arguing with these people I decided to leave and pursue the matter through my bank. I was too sick to stand there and argue with these idiots over something that was irrefutable.

Unfortunately, my bank would not cancel the charge to my credit card and made me fill out forms and go through a process to get reimbursed for the 1 day. I filed the paperwork but was traveling internationally a lot at the time and something was missed so I was never reimbursed for the 1 day.

Nice clean resort, but these people will rip you off in a heartbeat. If a business cannot be honest and fair with me, they lose my business for life.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Absolutely N
Dear Customer,

Receive a warm greeting from the staff of the Hotel Barceló Managua.

Thank you for taking time to answer the survey on Trip Advisor, it is great opportunities to get the feed backs from our guests and take action for changes some things in the service procedure .

Please accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences all inconveniences occurring during your stay in Hotel Barceló Managua.

We hope you give us the opportunity to serve again in the near future to improve the discomfort suffered on your last stay.

Thanks again and I hope we can serve you soon at the Barceló Managua.

Long Island, NY
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Very nice hotel. Great escape from the city of Manaqua which is dirty and depressing, unlike the rest of the country. Nice pool, very helpful staff, comfortable clean rooms. Not too far from the airport. Would stay again if I ever go back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest.

Receive a fraternal greeting from all the staff of Hotel Barcelo Managua.

It's nice to know that all the efforts made to provide good care to our guests have not been in vain.

We greatly appreciate your comments, and motivates us to continue working with great care.

Best regards,

Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 August 2012

When looking for a business hotel in Managua, there are still not too many options. But the Barcelo Managua is one of the few properties that should meet all of your basic business hotel needs.

The Barceló is not located within walking distance of anything so if you want to eat, shop or go out for the night (other than the casino across the parking lot), you will need to take a taxi. However most of the places are just a few minutes away by taxi.

We upgraded to the suite after taking a brief look at the standard room. While the basic room was clean and completely serviceable, the moderate increase in the price for a suite made the larger room, separate sitting area, spacious bathroom and small kitchen area worth it.

The hotel carries many amenities that could be useful and/or relaxing - a small but modern gym, a large pool with a very nice view of the city and the lake beyond, car rental, plethora of meeting space, and an office center.

We ate at the onsite Japanese restaurant and were treated to some delicious sushi. The breakfast buffet was not interesting although they did have the standard continental breakfast items along with a few nicaraguan items (i.e. gallo pinto, etc.).

Across the parking lot from the front entrance is a casino. While the signage has bright lights, the casino itself felt unobtrusive. I went there at night and it was fairly empty with just a few basic table games and some slot machines.

The service from various staff members was prompt and friendly - pretty much what you would expect from this level of business hotel. It would be hard to go wrong here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest.

Kindest regards from me and the entire staff of the Hotel Barceló Managua.

We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant service during your stay, as this motivates us to continue performing our work efficiently.

We greatly appreciate the time taken to write so appreciated comment. We hope to soon have the opportunity to have your visit.

Best regards.