“Well Placed ... Well Equipped” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barcelo Managua

Barcelo Managua
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
“Well Placed ... Well Equipped”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed for four nights. Registration and check out were easy. It is a business hotel, so language issues for us. The rooms were as you would say 'well appointed'. Definitely get a room that overlooks the pool area. The rooms were equipped with all esentials, things that you would leave and would have to call for, small tube of paste and brush, shaver and a bit of cream. That was a nice touch. Now the breakfast which is included is quite good, plenty of choices, they make a really good omlet. Now to the evening meal. One of my friends had the buffet and did not enjoy that. I ventured to the Japaneese restaurant which was highly promoted. The meal was average and the pice way too high. I thought I would end the night with a Cosmopolitan and waited a bit for the service, might I add that throughout I expereinced issues with service not always but enough for it to be annoying. Well I went to the bar, thinking I will just take the drink to my room, I tasted it asked the bar tender what it was he confirmed it was a cosmopolitan, I asked what was in it 'vermouth', now who does that. I left the drink adn went to my room. The exercise room is small. Get there early there are only two treadmills.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sendy T, Guest Relations Manager at Barcelo Managua, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear guest.

Yours sincerely on behalf of all the Hotel Barcelo Managua and myself.

I appreciate the good points you mentioned in your comments, as well as the negatives.

This allows us to improve the quality of service in those areas in which the guests did not feel comfortable, take the opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay.

We will be waiting again.

Best regards,
Sendy Tijerino J.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, the staff were friendly, except for the manager white dude with spanish accent (Spain),did not greed guests and he was rude with staff. The cabañas were roomy and clean, but need an upgrade (TV &bed were old). The swimming pool area, bar, and snacks bar were nice,it was all inclusive all you can eat and drink as long it was national product. Entertainment was good, love the folklore dance and casino, the disco was small and too loud.
FOOD was horrible, breakfast was typical nicaraguan(gallo pinto, platains and eggs), Lunch & dinner were the same dishes, except for the dish of the day. Best things were the beach and the tropical trees loved them found lot of serenity.
For $70.00 a night I got my money's worth but they could improve in many areas, hopefully for my next visit things would had improved.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Barcelo M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this review, 22 September 2016
Dear Guest,
Received warm greeting from Barceló Managua Staff & myself.

We apologize for all the inconvenieces that you have during your stay. We are making a lof of training in our staff for give to all the guest a best stay.

We hope to have the opportunity of a new visit from you.

Best Regards.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in December 2012 and 2 weeks in March 2013 so I feel qualified to comment on the standard of service I encountered. First the good points: The staff in the hotel are mostly friendly and in general they deal with you in a pleasant manner. The hotel itself is modern with good facilities, a nice pool, good gym, and the food is quite good especially in the Kyoto restaurant. The location of the hotel is great it is a little outside the city centre in an affluent area with a great view over Managua. Unfortunately I also had some negative experiences, quite a few and not dealt with in a very professional manner. I encountered the following problems: On checking out in December I discovered a number of items added to my mini-bar bill that I had not consumed including champagne, the fact that staff are adding items to your bill does not inspire confidence. In February although my company was covering all costs and had already paid for my stay, my credit card was blocked by my bank because the front desk staff tried to put through multiple transactions on my card. I complained to the front desk and was told that somebody from the accounts department would contact me by telephone to explain what had happened. I never received a call and nobody from the hotel contacted me regarding this problem. I was very disappointed to be treated this way and checked out shortly after and moved to a very nice hotel nearby that costs less than half the price. In summary if your stay is short this is a good option but be careful of what charges they try to hit you with!

Room Tip: Avoid poolside rooms due noise on Wed and Sat until 2am and no they won't lower the music for y...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Eddiebig
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Guest:

Receive a warm greeting from the staff of the Hotel Barceló Managua.

Thank you for taking time to answer the survey on Trip Advisor, it is great opportunities to get the feed backs from our guests and take action to improve all our services.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you endured during your stay.

We hope you give us the opportunity to serve again in the near future to improve the discomfort suffered on your last stay.

Thanks again and I hope we can serve you soon at the Barceló Managua.

Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Three days of cooling and relaxing whilst the temperatures around were 35-38 celsius, fantastic
service, very good cuisine, even shushi restaurant, really clean pool. It is placed on a hill in a "wealthy area" with average view to the city dew to architectural position of the building.

Room Tip: The east side has view to the pool and early in the morning you may see up to Managua lake.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yannis1956
Dear guest!

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. For our team is a pleasure to serve you and make your visit a pleasant and positive experience.

We hope to see in your next visit.

Best regards from Managua!

Guest Relations!
Las Trojes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have stayed at the Barcelo Managua about 5 times now and each time has been wonderful. The staff go out of their way to help. From reception with Alejandra or Gustavo to Cash in the restaurant or Jimmy with the pool area, everyone is there to help. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It comes with internet, included breakfast and great pool facilities. The room service is also very good and it has a shuttle to the airport. I will return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andrew B
Dear Guest.

Kindest regards from me and from the Barceló Managua team.

It is a very pleasure to hear that kind of comments about our property and also about our staff. We will be sending your good opinions each of them.

We are looking forward to your early visit.

Best regards
Miami, Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

First class hotel, top-notch service without exception. Room was impeccably clean, flatscreen HD TV had several stations from Miami. WIFI Worked great so, watched Netflix and skyped in the evenings. Worldclass breakfast buffet with cut melons, croissants, eggs, coffee, latin flare to breakfast. Dinner buffet was just as good. The fitness center has weights, two treadmills, and several machines. Outdoor pool is extremely elegant with a view of Lake Managua. Very comparable to a first class US Business hotel excet that the food here was much more elegant and the staff was more down-to-earth courteous than you find at a US business hotel.

Room Tip: My room faced the pool which also faces the bar/karaoke room. This was a little noisy. Probably be...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank richzimme
Barcelo M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this review, 27 September 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for you comments to our property.

It fills us with great satisfaction, that your entire stay has been excellent in Barceló Managua.

We hope your visit soon.

Best regards.
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed at the Barcelo Managua twice. Once in April 2012 for 2 weeks and once in August 2012 for another 2 weeks.. I loved the employees, they are great. Good breakfast buffet, but internet service expensive if you dont have it as part of package. Make sure its included. I found it to be close to the downtown and the mall. The rooms are good but need make over. lolol!!! The pool area was great to just kickback and soak in the sun with a few dips in the pool. understand where you are and the financial conditions of the country. This will help you to not overshoot your expectations and to appreciate the culture more. LOVED EVERY TRIP!!!!!!!!! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I always ask for the pool view. I love to wake up to the pool. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Triplanner2010
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Guest:

Receive a warm greeting from the Staff of the Hotel Barceló Managua.

We thank you for your comments about our hotel, we're glad to know that your stay with us was of your total pleasure. All the comments from our guests are taken very seriously and we extend to our Management Department.

We hope to have your visit again with us and thank you for making your choice Barceló Hotels.

Best regards,