- Kind, welcoming staff. Christian at the front desk was extremely helpful
- Nice rooms with comfortable bed, flat screen TV, bathroom with tub, toiletries kit included toothbrush and toothpaste, razor and shaving cream, bath sponge, and comb, among other things (very useful, as I had forgotten a few essentials).
-good breakfast buffet, fruit, nuts, juices, omelets, cakes, coffee, cereals, etc.
-complimentary chocolate on first night
-Room had a musty smell at first that went away once the AC was on
- There are things on the room service menu that were not available.
- There are signs telling you to help save water and energy by reusing towels. If you want your towels replaced, you put them in the tub. I hung up my towels in order to reuse them, but they were replaced anyway. I am glad that my room was cleaned, but I care about the environment.
- the internet is 128kbps, which doesnt even let you have a decent skype chat. If you want anything higher than that, you have to pay $5 a day and up.
- Cleaning personnel literally walked into my room without knocking. I was very startled. Fortunately I was clothed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Managua**** hotel is one of the newest hotels in the city, and was refurbished in 2013. It is located in Villa Fontana, one of the most exclusive areas of Managua, Nicaragua. An area of great ecological wealth and beautiful scenery make this hotel a truly unique place. It is the newest hotel in Managua, and is very well situated just 5 minutes drive from the city centre and 15 minutes from the Augusto C. Sandino international airport. Enjoy a perfect combination of modernity, relaxation, tranquility and good service at the Barcelo Managua hotel. Guests will find the rooms spacious, charming and elegant. The hotel also has a gym, swimming pool, 2 restaurants (one buffet and another Japanese) and a lounge bar. In addition the hotel has a modern convention and conference center, with 3 function rooms with a capacity for up to 400 people and a board room. We also offer free parking, free Wi-Fi and complimentary transfer service between Augusto Cesar Sandino International Airport and the hotel.* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Managua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Managua Hotel Managua