Barcelo Managua
US$90
US$190
US$161
  • Pool
Art Hotel Managua(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$47
US$63
Hotel Mozonte(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$36
US$139
US$115
All reviewsjapanese restaurantbreakfast buffetnice hotellots of fresh fruitbusiness trippool areacoffee makerpleasant staythe hotel staffenjoyed my staystayed one nightrooms are cleannice poolpolloairportinternetgalerias
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a hotel located up on a hill across from a Thomas Moore University. I feel very safe in the hotel. It is smaller than most in Managua and has a resort feel to it. I stay here every time I travel to Managua. They have more people working here than there are customers always willing to help you anyway possible. This is my favorite hotel in Nicaragua!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ilike2travel66
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear guest.

Best regards from me.

Let me, thank you for your positive comment about your experiences at the Hotel Barceló Managua.

It is an honor to know that your stay has been very pleasant and we prefer as a hotel for all trips to Managua.

Thank you again for your preference and we will be waiting for your in the next visit.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Barcelo was a very comfortable home-base hotel while traveling in Nicaragua. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the pool are was beautiful and the breakfast was delicious. Drinks in the evening were a bit overpriced, but the ambiance on the patio was worth it. It was easy to be an English speaker in the hotel - the front desk were quick and eager to help in their perfect English. The only thing I would advise people of is to be very careful when getting into one of their cars that they know exactly where they're taking you. We found multiple times that the drivers didn't speak English, so if the person communicating your destination to them is unclear, you may get lost... Overall - incredibly positive experience.

Room Tip: The top floor is a smoking floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear guest.

In advance greetings from the Hotel Barceló Managua.

We appreciate all the points mentioned in your comment. It is a pleasure to know that your stay was satisfactory.

At the same time we appreciate the suggestion given us regarding taxi drivers, we will be talking to the general manager and taking the decisions for a better customer service.

Look forward to your early visit.

Best regards.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

The good:
- Kind, welcoming staff. Christian at the front desk was extremely helpful
- Nice rooms with comfortable bed, flat screen TV, bathroom with tub, toiletries kit included toothbrush and toothpaste, razor and shaving cream, bath sponge, and comb, among other things (very useful, as I had forgotten a few essentials).
-good breakfast buffet, fruit, nuts, juices, omelets, cakes, coffee, cereals, etc.
-complimentary chocolate on first night
-nice view

The not-so-good:
-Room had a musty smell at first that went away once the AC was on
- There are things on the room service menu that were not available.
- There are signs telling you to help save water and energy by reusing towels. If you want your towels replaced, you put them in the tub. I hung up my towels in order to reuse them, but they were replaced anyway. I am glad that my room was cleaned, but I care about the environment.

The bad:
- the internet is 128kbps, which doesnt even let you have a decent skype chat. If you want anything higher than that, you have to pay $5 a day and up.
- Cleaning personnel literally walked into my room without knocking. I was very startled. Fortunately I was clothed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Guest!

Receive warm greeting on behalf Barceló Managua Hotel.

It is a pleasure to receive the feedback for all our clients with the purpose to become a better team every day.

We apologize with you for the inconvenienced that you had during your stay . We would like to let you know we are taking the necessary steps to be better; according to the services that you mentioned.

We will be please to count with your visit again and offer you the quality of service that you deserve.

Best regards,
Guest Relations!.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Haven't had the pleasure of staying here yet but have been here several time for lunch. The buffet is loaded with options and everything is wonderful. The dessert options are just as plentiful as the salad and main course. I'm sure the stay is as great as the lunch options.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Customer,

Sincerely regards from me and the entire staff of Hotel Barcelo Managua.

Let me thank you for your positive comment about our service and take the opportunity to invite you to stay at our hotel and continue enjoying the quality of our services.

I hope to have the honor to forward to your visit and deliver the best of care, to as you merit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We had booked 4 rooms with king size beds in all of them. When we arrived at the hotel with plenty of luggage, nobody bothered to help us with it so we had to carry it to our rooms by ourselves. When we saw the rooms, none of them had king size beds, and we had to wait additional two hours for the staff to fix this. They also charge extra for internet, even though you have spent hundreds of dollars on rooms. Also the service was horrible. The guy at the reception, kept ignoring us all the time, even though there were no customers. Nothing to do, except staying at the bar or the pool (which looked nothing like the picture were we booked it). One lousy casino next to it with a stinking odor and lots of slot machines. The buffet here was excellent though I wish we had chosen a different place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Customer,

On behalf of Hotel Barcelo Managua and myself, I apologize for the bad times happened when your Checking In and in some ways it does not meet your expectations. Our goal is to anticipate their needs, for this reason we want to inform you that we will be working on the points mentioned in your comment.

Your comment It is valuable to our hotel and we are taking into account, as the reception is the first impression of what our service it is and if there are areas to improve, we will do it!

We hope to be your host on your next visit.

Thank you again!