“Great Hotel”
Review of Barcelo Managua

Barcelo Managua
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to area we wanted to be. Breakfast is included and it was a really good breakfast. They had a guy making omelets and then other buffet style food with a Nicaraguan twist. The hotel staff was friendly and we didn't have any problems.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Barcelo M, Gerente at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear FaithR4314

Thank you for the great review of our breakfast! We work really to hard to serve the best and complete food in a great environment, and I'm glad to see those efforts pay off on our visit.

Hope to have you back soon,

Katherine González
Revenue Manager

There are newer reviews for Barcelo Managua

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is the third hotel I have stayed in Managua, and my favorite of the three. The hotel is relatively new and the pool is great, good for laps in the morning. We rented a small meeting room for a week-long meeting. Service was exceptional. Lourdes, the attendant assigned to our meeting room, went above and beyond to provide great service without being intrusive. We always had water, tea and coffee and Lourdes was ready to accommodate all our requests. We were also provided our food nicely packed for a day-trip to Granada. The food in the main restaurant was excellent and the buffet provided a wide variety of options. We also enjoyed the bar by the pool. I had a two-hour massage and this was probably one of the best and cheapest therapeutic massages I have ever had. The massage therapist I got (the older of the two) is a physical therapist who knows how to do a proper deep-tissue technique and trigger points. Internet (the free version) was not great, but decent.
The reason I don’t give this hotel 5 stars is because I did have some issues. The room I was given smelled bad (musty), though it got better with the AC. I had no shampoo in my dispenser and noticed this in the middle of a shower (the shampoo dispenser in my bathroom was somehow leaking; it was replaced once we figured out what was happening). We were not able to print in the business center. I asked for tea (instead of coffee) at breakfast and was told I would be charged! (this is the first hotel ever to charge for tea at breakfast, or maybe the waiter had it wrong, in any case, I didn’t insist as I often carry tea in my backpack and I was given hot water). Finally, the reception staff could be trained to be friendlier and make check-in/check-out more efficient.
In summary, a good hotel with several pluses and a few minuses.

Room Tip: Pool views are nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Thiscarolina
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Receive a warm greeting from the staff of the Hotel Barceló Managua.

Thank you for taking time to answer the survey on Trip Advisor, it is great opportunities to get the feed backs from our guests and take action to improve all our services.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you endured during your stay.

We hope you give us the opportunity to serve again in the near future to improve the discomfort suffered on your last stay.

Thanks again and I hope we can serve you soon at the Barceló Managua.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I just stayed here two nights while on business in Managua. The check in process was a little difficult and the staff did not speak very good English. At check out they refused to allow the company hosting me to pickup my room which was embarrassing for them and costly for me.
Otherwise the property and staff were pleasant enough and pool area by the was particularly nice for a beer and a burger.
Another member of our party had a bad leak in his room and the staff did a nice job moving him to another room but some of the mechanicals in the facility are a little sketchy.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We offer an apologize for the inconvenient that you had.
We would like to let you know that we are working in the improvement of our human resources by giving them training.

Thanks for the time and write this comment.

It will be a pleasure to serve you again .

Best regards
Barceló Managua

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We staying one night on our way back. Hotel might have few good features, bad horrible customer service. They don't even smile, long faces and rude ladies at the front desk. Room smelled and found pubic hair on the toilet seat. Sink was clogged up. Went to the Bar, was empty and took them 10 minutes to acknowledge that I was there; seems they were too busy talking among themselves. Went back to desk to complaint and I was told they will investigate, no apologies - mind you it came from the supervisor.

Room Tip: Find other hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LiveLoveLaugh0412
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear guest.

On behalf of the hotel, I apologize for everything that happened during your stay, it's a shame that we could not resolve the situation while staying with us.

At the same time, we appreciate that you have expressed your discomfort, as these allows us to improve the quality of service we currently offer our customers.

We hope you give us the great opportunity to have him again as our guest and give you the most attention.

Best regards.

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here and although staff was very nice, the experience was not. The power went out early morning, and that brought on a chain of events.
By 6 am although the power had come back, the air conditioning was not working properly, only the cent was working but no cold air.

The watt stopped flowing well into 9am, so showering was not possible by the time I left hotel for my meetings.

The room is just ok, nothing to write he about.

As I said, the only saving grace wee the employees.

I will not return to this brand.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest:

Receive a warm greeting from the staff of the Hotel Barceló Managua.

Thanks again and I hope we can serve you soon at the Barceló Managua.

Barceló Managua

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

To much to put down here. The Barceló chain simply sucks. Start with a 30 minute check in process, and rude, rude, rude.

I ordered room service and after an hour I had to call back. They told me they were busy.

First room had such a terrible smell I didn't last 2 minutes before asking for a different one.

Ongoing construction - noisy and unclean.

Never again - any Barceló, anywhere.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MicksAR15
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Kindest regards from me.

First, mention our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences occurred during your stay.

It is very painful, all the things taht you mention happened during your visit and we hope will give us the opportunity to provide a formidable stay and improve in all aspects mentioned by us.

Comments like yours, we can improve the service we offer to our customers.

Sendy Tiejrino.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I found this Barcelo Managua Hotel to be clean with large guest rooms. Good breakfast buffet in large dinning room with lots of fresh seasonal fruits. We were escorted by security guards to and from the casino right across the large parking lot at night.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger with two windows.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear guest.

Kindest regards from Managua.

We are pleased that your visit to Hotel Barceló Managua was very good and that you enjoyed all the services that we currently have available.

We look forward to your visit soon to serve you as you deserve.

Greetings.