“Dennis from Los Angeles, CA. USA”

Hotel Internacional Managua
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Managua
los angeles, ca. usa
“Dennis from Los Angeles, CA. USA”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

If your looking for a place to rest up and renew your adventurous soul, this is the place. Quiet, clean, secure, and decorated with the color of Managua, this small hotel offers all you could ask for. Friendly people who have your best interest at heart, will go out of their way to make your visit a plesant experience. Internet, a delicious big breakfast, a pastry shop just across the street, and a resturant with the great food of Managua just a short walk away, I would highly recommend this hotel for the weary traveler.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Roberto and his charming wife where very welcoming, the place is great and very centralized the restaurants and the nightlife. The price was affordable for a great room and a great hotel. I definitely recommended this place to stay in Managua.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Abilene, TX
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The people who own this hotel go out of the way to make your stay enjoyable. The situation is perfectly located, with easy access to restaurants and a supermarket around the corner. The rooms are sparse, but clean. WiFi was unreliable, but there was always a computer available downstairs.

Breakfast was typical Nicaraguan fare, though the owner's wife kept bringing out treats from the States just for me. (Hated to tell her that I really wanted food from there, not my home country)

My final morning, I had to leave at 5 a.m. The owner was sleeping on the couch, waiting to open up for me and serve me a bit of breakfast before I left. Incredible service. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed at the back of the hotel, away from the street. Very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Scafati, Italia
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed in this pretty, romantic, nice hotel in Managua and I fell in love with the kindness of the staff, their great service and the romantic, old-fashioned atmophere. The room was tiny but clean and well accessorized. I strongly reccomend it!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed 19 September 2011

On first arrival at the hotel was greeted by first name in English! Front desk was very helpful and fully explained all facilities and offered help for anything. Even went out and got me a couple of beers, so I never had to leave. Rooms are well equipped though slightly cramped, but have air-con, mosquito nets, tv and all the usual stuff. Free wi-fi and computer are available. Would highly recommend as stoppover going in or out of Managua. Only problem was taxis struggled to find it? Don't know what the surrounding area is like though as never ventured out, was only a night rest between flights.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The first thing we were told upon entering Hotel Internacional was that we were home. Of all the places we stayed on our 3-week research trip around Nicaragua, this hotel was by far our favorite. It was so clean, comfortable, and welcoming! The hotel owner went above and beyond to make us feel at home there, even driving us to the market to show us how to catch our bus to the next destination as well as taking us to a nearby neighborhood for one of my husband's research interviews. The warm, welcoming staff made sure that every need we had was accommodated and were eager to give us advice on our travels. We felt that this hotel was a great value for our money, and had all of the amenities that we were looking for (air conditioning, a hearty and healthy breakfast each morning, warm water, comfy beds, and good wireless internet.) We walked nearly everywhere we went and felt that this hotel was located in a safe, walkable neighborhood. Because we were hotel guests, we received a discount at the restaurant just down the street, where we ate dinner almost every night. There was live music and amazing chorizo! Thank you, Hotel Internacional, for making us feel at home. We will return!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Bay Shore, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Simply bad !!! Do you want a terrible experience? Book this place... A terrible owner. Don't hesitate !!! Go away !! This guy only care for your money. He doesnot really care about hotel business. Instead, try some places near Robles neighborhood, it's more safe and the are more nice places. Some of my colleagues agree on my opinion.

• Stayed July 2011