“Wonderful stay in Nicaragua” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Internacional Managua

Hotel Internacional Managua
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Astana, Kazakhstan
“Wonderful stay in Nicaragua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

I spent 3 nights in the hotel, at the beginning of March 2013. The hotel is cozy. Everyone in the hotel, starting with Doña Gladys, treats guests as family members. You feel welcome throughout your stay. I was in Managua on a business trip and found that the location of the hotel is excellent to reach most of the institutions I was meeting. For those on holidays, the hotel offers valuable advice on what to visit and arranges safe and secure services (transport etc.). Around the hotel, there are large banks, restaurants and other important services. Regarding the rooms, they are nicely furnished (old style). I liked the bed especially; in my view the mattress is very good, ensuring guests’ rest. The breakfast is also good. I had a bit of a problem with Internet but this seemed something out of the control of the hotel. Price-wise is also affordable. In sum, I fully agree with the high-rating for this hotel, and I fully recommend it for a stay in Nicaragua. Many thanks to Doña Gladys for the excellent stay in your hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed here the night we arrived in Managua. We made arrangements to be picked up at the airport and our driver was there waiting for us when we arrived. Roberto and staff were waiting for us when we checked in. Our room was clean and pleasant and quiet! There was some confusion with the driver who was to pick us up the next day but Roberto got everything straightened out for us. Because we had such a good experience here, we booked the same room for the night before we were to leave Nicaragua. Again, Roberto and staff were waiting for us when we arrived. It was like catching up with an old friend. It was pretty late when we arrived and we hadn't had dinner, they gave us a menu and had dinner delivered. We really appreciated not having to deal with that. I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Southampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed in Hotel Internacional for one night prior to our departure from Nicaragua. It was recommended by the owners of a hotel at which we previously stayed in San Juan del Sur. The hotel was expansive by Nicaraguan terms. It had a nice balance of Central American charm and Spanish elegance. The rooms was very clean, comfortable and inexpensive.

We concur with other reviewers that the owner, Roberto, couldn't have been more friendly, helpful and accommodating. He not only made the very early taxi arrangements but he greeted us with fresh orange juice (a nice touch) and his warm smile as we said "adios" to Nicaragua.

We wish Roberto well in his efforts to provide tourists with a first class experience in a beautiful, emerging country.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed at International Hotel (Hotel Internacional in Spanish)-Managua, Nicaragua. It was a great place to stay. The owner (Mr. Roberto and the staff) made me feel at home. They are friendly and very helpful. They go out of their way to make sure that you are safe and comfortable . I made the choice to stay there after reading the reviews and they were totally right. I visited some cities with Mr. Juan Arellano and I highly recommend him if you want to tour the different regions in Nicaragua. It was an amazing experience. I could say that the Hotel Internacional is the best choice! It is well located with access to supermarket, banks, restaurants, malls and transportation.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed at Hotel Internacional for one night upon our arrival in NI before leaving for San Juan del Sur. Roberto, the owner, made our stay extra special with his care & attention. His help in arranging an improptu taxi tour of Managua with a translater from the Museum for a few hours before we left was fantastic.

The hotel itself is lovely, very clean and neat, the free breakfast was one of the best we had on our whole trip and his recommendation to eat dinner at El Gueguense, just 1/2 block away, was bang on!

Room Tip: My only complaint was that in a light well connected to our room a light was left on all night that...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

I was a guest at this small hotel on a recommendation which I appreciate. The service was great, with clean well-kept rooms, very comfortable. Can’t say enough kind words for the owner who was extremely pleasant, appreciative and helpful, including the hotel staff…All made my stay very pleasurable..
Good safe location. Breakfast included (no full time restaurant), but restaurants within walking distance. Very nice bakery/delicatessen directly across the street..

Down side: My local friend and I went to a upscale Italian restaurant (PANE E VINO) close by and contracted (FOOD POISNING) Extremely bad, was surprised. Obviously never judge a book by its cover. Very nice looking upscale. Had 2 entrees & bottle of wine (no water or salad)…both of us really suffered. Fortunately, being in the travel business, been there/done that, I carry antibiotic's with me, so down time was not as lengthy. Cannot recommend this restaurant. WARNING!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

I be there its really great, evreything is near to the hotel, nice price best service ever... And you can have where ever you need they are so good... I love it... I recommended 100%... If you go to managua go here... Am serious... I want to know the owner... Nicaragua best ever place in threre

• Stayed January 2013