“Hmmm”

Hotel Internacional Managua
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 8 May 2013

When there are dozens of one review ratings you can tell something is a little suspicious. Here is the up and up. Hotel is in a funny little area with mixed occupancy. No one else was staying there when we were there for two nights. The people there are nice but it doesn't feel like you are in a hotel.No tourists in the area when we walked around so I'm not sure who is writng all the 5 star reviews. Skip Managua take a private shuttle straight to your destination even if you arrive late and enjoy Nicarauga (GREAT COUNTRY)!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mailmanwill
RobJr, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Internacional Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to read our reviews and counting how many single reviews we have We are grateful that our guests that otherwise wouldn't care to write a review actually took the time to create a profile to share their comments based on the positive experience they had while staying with us. As you can see, thanks to our guests our Hotel is rated #3 in Managua and the resounding amount of reviews identify our customer service and Nicaraguan home-style feel as the reason why they enjoyed their stay. Furthermore, Managua isn't really a tourist city where you will find "tourists" walking around, to see this activity you need to visit San Juan del Sur, Ometepe or Granada. In closing I would ask that you revisit our reviews and count how many other reviews we have from seasoned travelers that would disagree with your "up and up" opinion.

If you need to contact me you can call me directly at 305-498-8300.

Regards,
Robert Gutierrez Jr
Son of the Proprietors and Shareholder

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was excited to walk into my room at Hotel Internacional Managua after my arrival in Nicaragua. It was spacious, attractive and clean. Roberto pointed me to a lovely lunch spot, plied me with bottled water and treated me like we were long-time friends. He also told me the area was so safe that I could walk around worry-free at midnight if I wanted to. (I didn't, but nice to know.) During the evening, I enjoyed reading in one of the lobby rocking chairs and listening to "life in Managua" through the open front and second-floor doors. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and plentiful, and the hotel's owner, Gladys, couldn't have been more gracious (even when I asked for yet another cup of coffee). I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank OnBoardKansasCity
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This Hotel was an Oasis in the city of Managua. The owner and manager
greeted us when we arrived and took care of us like old friends. The Hotel
itself is well designed, airy, and the rooms are spotless. It feels like you are
staying at Old World Hacienda. I totally recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hector P
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is by far one of the most welcoming and comfortable stays we have had in Managua. The owners and staff are more than gracious and welcome you as one of the family. The hotel is designed to embrace light and space and furnished with beautiful wood furniture crafted in Nicaragua. You feel as if you are relaxing in a colonial home as opposed to a cookie-cutter hotel. The hotel is centrally located - near the airport, MetroCenter - but very quiet with a nice breeze on the veranda at night. A real gem!

Room Tip: The street is quiet at night and all rooms are conditioned with windows - any room is good!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed in Managua for two nights, and found this hotel to be welcoming and comfortable, it felt more like a home versus a hotel. The room was colonial style which was nice, cable TV, WiFi, and air condition in the room. the free breakfast was traditional nicaraguan breakfast was homemade and served hot and fresh. We ate at the two local restaurants beside the hotel and did not venture out of the area. It is in a central location, however, we would of preferred to be more central. The value of the hotel, breakfast and location was worthwhile.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Nice, comfortable, and spacious hotel in a good neighborhood of the city. By far the best part of our stay was how incredibly welcoming and nice the hotel's owners and staff were. We were made to feel more like houseguests at a relative's house than customers at a hotel. Genuinely caring and nice people that will look after your every need.

Room Tip: They let us pick which rooms we wanted. The ones upstairs close to the main balcony are the best
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I spent 3 nights in the hotel, at the beginning of March 2013. The hotel is cozy. Everyone in the hotel, starting with Doña Gladys, treats guests as family members. You feel welcome throughout your stay. I was in Managua on a business trip and found that the location of the hotel is excellent to reach most of the institutions I was meeting. For those on holidays, the hotel offers valuable advice on what to visit and arranges safe and secure services (transport etc.). Around the hotel, there are large banks, restaurants and other important services. Regarding the rooms, they are nicely furnished (old style). I liked the bed especially; in my view the mattress is very good, ensuring guests’ rest. The breakfast is also good. I had a bit of a problem with Internet but this seemed something out of the control of the hotel. Price-wise is also affordable. In sum, I fully agree with the high-rating for this hotel, and I fully recommend it for a stay in Nicaragua. Many thanks to Doña Gladys for the excellent stay in your hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business