“Awesome!”

Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Bogota, Colombia
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

We have been traveling for 7 months staying in hostels everywhere. To stay here for 2 nights was a big treat and not over priced. I was looking into all of the other 4 star hotels which were double the price, this was perfect for how much you pay! The old guy who owns it is a legend, always there to help and one of the nicest people i have met!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sgregoryc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was just what we needed after travelling around Nicaragua for 12 days! Rooms we very nice, the area was convenient, and the owner was so accommodating. Great places to eat very close by and a great bakery across the street. If ever in Managua again I will be staying here!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Vanessa C
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

The owners and all employees were friendly and accommodating. They took care of our luggage, provided us with directions and restaurant recommendations, and watched over us during our stay. The breakfast was nice and the rooms were just what we needed. There is a grocery around the corner with everything you might need and a great restaurant down the street. Our cab drivers were also familiar with the location. The hotel felt safe, as there is a gated parking area in front and the staff are always present. We will definitely stay again if we find ourselves in Managua.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lindsay865
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I booked here thinking it was near the Airport and it is not at all ($20 cab ride one way). Other than that it's a nice place. Clean, comfort beds, A.C., places to eat really close( not for vegetarians), nice staff, a computer to use in the lobby, breakfast included, and secure. I thought it was a bit pricey but this was the only place I stayed and only for one night, so can't say for sure. I would definitely recommend it if you are here on business and don't mind the price. Make sure to ask for a room not on the street, mine was at it was loud.

Room Tip: Ask for one not on the street, it gets loud.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LaGringaRobin
Pensacola Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

After several hours of driving from San Juan del Sur to Chinandega and back, we decided to spend the night in Managua on our way back so we could rest a while. We booked last minute and wanted to try somewhere new as we tried another hotel on our last trip to Managua and were a bit disappointed.
From the moment I called in to ask for availability, the owner answered in a very polite and helpful manner that we decided not to call anywhere else and just book for the night. Upon arrival, we appreciated the great building and the decor.
We got room #12. Everything was clean and it look rather elegant. Big flat screen on top of the closet and a very nice bathroom.
Needless to say, we slept like babies! We had breakfast, which is included, and it was great. Eggs, gallo pinto, friend plantain, toast, water, juice and coffee, more than enough!
If staying in Managua again, and I'm sure we will, we'll definitely go here!

Room Tip: Try the rooms on the second floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank BlueFoodie
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

When there are dozens of one review ratings you can tell something is a little suspicious. Here is the up and up. Hotel is in a funny little area with mixed occupancy. No one else was staying there when we were there for two nights. The people there are nice but it doesn't feel like you are in a hotel.No tourists in the area when we walked around so I'm not sure who is writng all the 5 star reviews. Skip Managua take a private shuttle straight to your destination even if you arrive late and enjoy Nicarauga (GREAT COUNTRY)!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mailmanwill
RobJr, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Internacional Managua, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to read our reviews and counting how many single reviews we have We are grateful that our guests that otherwise wouldn't care to write a review actually took the time to create a profile to share their comments based on the positive experience they had while staying with us. As you can see, thanks to our guests our Hotel is rated #3 in Managua and the resounding amount of reviews identify our customer service and Nicaraguan home-style feel as the reason why they enjoyed their stay. Furthermore, Managua isn't really a tourist city where you will find "tourists" walking around, to see this activity you need to visit San Juan del Sur, Ometepe or Granada. In closing I would ask that you revisit our reviews and count how many other reviews we have from seasoned travelers that would disagree with your "up and up" opinion.

If you need to contact me you can call me directly at 305-498-8300.

Regards,
Robert Gutierrez Jr
Son of the Proprietors and Shareholder
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was excited to walk into my room at Hotel Internacional Managua after my arrival in Nicaragua. It was spacious, attractive and clean. Roberto pointed me to a lovely lunch spot, plied me with bottled water and treated me like we were long-time friends. He also told me the area was so safe that I could walk around worry-free at midnight if I wanted to. (I didn't, but nice to know.) During the evening, I enjoyed reading in one of the lobby rocking chairs and listening to "life in Managua" through the open front and second-floor doors. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and plentiful, and the hotel's owner, Gladys, couldn't have been more gracious (even when I asked for yet another cup of coffee). I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends