“Hotel Internacional Managua”

Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Black River Falls, Wisconsin
“Hotel Internacional Managua”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I highly recommend Hotel Internacional Managua. I stayed 5 nights out of 6 during my last trip to Managua. I enjoyed the very friendly, and professional personalities of the hotel owners and staff. They made the effort for every accommodation needed. The rooms are quiet, spacious, and comfortable bed and pillows, and shower was excellent. This room was just as comfortable as any other I have stayed in in any country, if not much better - hot water, AC, cable TV.
The breakfast, prepared fresh each morning was wonderful, and included great, fresh tropical fruit.
The hotel has vaulted ceilings, tasteful art, and comfortable balconies/verandas for relaxation, reading, conversing.
This hotel has a modern feel with a personal touch. I felt the owners truly cared about my well being and were always willing to help.
I will be returning to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Trisha W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Stoughton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I spent lots of time before I went to Nicaragua, reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, and comparing hotels. I was very fortunate to have my son living in Managua, and he helped me to choose this lovely hotel. Every time I arrived during the six days of my stay there, I was greeted like a friend or relative. My room was on the first of two floors, and was spacious, with a private bath with hot water (you won't find that everywhere!). It also had air conditioning, and a fan. Breakfast is included, and I enjoyed eggs, fruit, and juice, though other breakfst foods and beverages are available. The one night I stayed out a bit later than usual, my son walked me back to the hotel, and the gate was locked. The person on "night duty" unlocked it for us, and if made me feel very comfortable to know that this added measure of security was available.
I am looking forward to returning in April!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CDwheels
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have travelled for 6 months using Tripadvisor as a guide and this is the first time that it has led me off the path. This is not one of the better hotels in Managua, its is OK, but not a great value.

The good: The rooms are comfortable, there is AC and hot water.

The bad: The couple running the place is unorganized, it took me a long time to check in and I was the only person there. The WIFI never worked in 4 days! The breakfast is average at best. The location is at the "Rotonda Centro America" not a great neighborhood. Hard to walk to anything.

That said, the older couple running the show tried their best. They were genuine, but for $70/night, there are much better options.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael W
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My son and I spent the night here before moving on to Granada and were very satisfied. The best part was the staff, led by father and son Roberto and Roberto. Very friendly and helpful. They told us it was safe to walk in the area which we did quite a bit without any problems. There are a couple of eateries a block down the street, Comedor Marys, more of a locals place, and Asados, a little more upscale, both delicious. The hotel was secure, clean, and relatively quiet. Beer, soda, and bottled water for sale at the front desk. The ceiling fan, AC, Cable TV and WiFi made our room a comfortable place to hang out. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rbyrnes3
new dundee, ontario
Reviewed 16 February 2014

There were six of us travelling together and we stayed here our first night in Nicaragua and again on our last night. By calling the hotel ahead of time, they arranged for a van to pick us up at the airport, which was much appreciated. It is not always easy to get transportation for 6 people plus luggage.
The hotel has a real Nicaraguan feel with local wooden furniture in all the rooms and lobby. The hotel, I must say, is "squeaky" clean. The air conditioning is very quiet. The shower was lovely with a rain showerhead and lots of hot water.
As a family run hotel, you can see the care they take. Even though we had to leave at 4 a.m., they were at the front desk making sure our van came for us on time and they had a fresh glass of juice there for us.
Their location is within walking distance to the Huembus market, has a grocery store just in the block behind the hotel and a restaurant just down the street. This would be a good base for even a week in Managua since it is so close to bus routes.
My only suggestion would be to offer a little more at breakfast. It was a great breakfast, but it would have been nice to be offered refills on coffee and juice.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back on the main floor. It was very quiet. However, my friends had a room upst...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jacksonpainting
Alexandria
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel. Friendly staff. Very nice accommodations. Good breakfast included with stay. Desk clerks have good English language skills. Room cleaned daily. Hotel architecture is authentic Nicaraguan feel. Excellent restaurant one block down and very nice bakery restaurant across street. Wi-Fi not consistent and reliable as it goes down often, but only for short periods (10-20 mins) with slow speeds. Highly recommend for comfort, friendliness, cleanliness, and value. Hotel also arranges transportation pick-up at airport. Ask for Robert, owner's son from Miami who speaks excellent English and can assist with anything. Front rooms overlooking street are quaint, but opened to noise from street down below. Everything quiets down, though, by 10:00-11:00 p.m. Reserve back rooms for quietness, but you miss out on the view below. Very beautiful and quaint hotel filled with rich heritage and culture. Loved ceiling fans above beds.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jerry D
internacionalmanagua, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Internacional Managua, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We value the opinion of all our guests in order to keep improving our service. We enjoyed meeting you and look foward to seeing you again in the future. I hope that you continue with your long walks as you continue to explore the world.

Best wishes,
Robert Gutierrez Jr
Sherwood, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. We were pleased with our room and the amenities. It is a very pleasant place to stay with rocking chairs and a nice breeze in the evenings. There is a grocery, bakery, and bank within walking distance. The hotel staff--especially Roberto, who will help you with any needs. Roberto's son, Robert was present on this visit, and was also very helpful. We will be back on our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business