“Great view on Malecon”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This one of a number of restaurants on the Malecon. On our first day in Managua, we had lunch and beer there. The food there was enjoyable, not great; but the view was spectacular. It's a pleasant place to relax and enjoy Lake Managua. We stopped back there just for beers the next day before leaving Managua.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

My Nicaraguan friends took me here for dinner. We sat out on the terrace during a warm and breezy night. The service was excellent, superior actually, and I regret not gettng our waiter's name. He could not have been nicer or more attentive. We ordered coconut shrimp, fried calamari, grilled octopus and steamed baby clams. These came with roasted potatoes which were our choice; you can also have fried potatoes or rice. We also had some crudite, raw veggies with dip. Now this sounds like a lot but we were 3 people. Nonetheless a doggie bag was taken home. Everything was delicious, and the coconut shrimp were the best I have ever had, anywhere on the 4 continents I've visited. I washed everything down with a few Nica libres; my friends enjoyed their beer. We were there on a busy Friday night, but no reservations were necessary (you hear that New York??!!) I enjoyed the entire experience and recommend this place highly. Forget about the other stuff on the menu, come here for seafood. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This restaurant is a glorified fritanga! It is so expensive for the quality. Sure, it is a nice atmosphere but they went way off on the prices. My daughter ordered a $12 ceasar and chicken salad and got iceberg lettuce, how getto can you get? The waiters are so fake trying to be nice...sure they need to justify those crazy prices!! I guess it has the same owners?

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Very clean and right on the beach. Say hi to Ruth the owner, nice lady. They were playing good music too. Nice breeze and you can watch the fishermen from the deck.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Living in Masachapa, I frequent both the local restaurants - Masachapa & Pochomil - for dining. When in Managua, as I am acquainted with their seafood menu, I'll stop in as their food quality is the same across all three. Great value for the price!

1  Thank aaalfaro