I had an 8 night stay in a room with a double bed on the first floor. The two young women running the hotel did a really great job making sure I was comfortable during my stay.
The hotel is just a few turns off the main road, and is in a great location if you plan on taking a drive to Masaya or Granda. It was just down the road from the Galerias Mall and many restaurants. It is located in a pretty quiet and safe neighborhood and is gated for extra safety.
The breakfast every morning was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. I was little worried that the room would be hot with the high temperature in Managua, but the air conditioner was very powerful and kept the room cold and was very quiet. I would highly suggest the hotel for business, solo travelers, and couples. There are only 8 rooms and the hotel is very quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. When I didn't feel like eating at the hotel or going out they were able to order fast food to my room! The WIFI was surprisingly fast for Managua.
The only minor problems that I had:
- The hot water one day was not working, but was fixed by the end of the day. For some reason the water was usually only hot mid-day, even though there was only one other room occupied.
- Coming in and out of the hotel you need to have the gate opened. The only time this becomes a real problem is if you plan on returning very late at night.
I've stayed at the Barcelo Managua and it is not even close to how great this hotel is. In my opinion it is by far one of the best values you can get in Managua. I hope that the hotel owner checks this review because the young ladies running the hotel are doing a fantastic job. They are very friendly and went above and beyond! They even got up at 4am to fix me a breakfast to take to the airport on my last day. I'd also like to find out the syrup they use on the pancakes because it has to be one of the most delicious I've ever tasted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Boutique Hotel in Managua. The rooms remodeled colonial house with a beautiful tropical garden and swimming pool. It counts with a total of nine private rooms, all with private bathrooms, water heated with solar energy, air conditioning, TV with cable, wireless internet, working desks, alarm clocks, telephones, security boxes, etc. Some of them have their own private balcony that opens to the garden and/or swimming pool. The hotel: An Oasis in the city. Our location is ideally for everybody: We are steps away from the city but not in the city! So if you have business downtown, it is a 10 min drive. But if you want to enjoy nature, have a tranquil time to relax and be pampered, Villa Maya is the perfect place. We are close to national attractions (Volcan Masaya, 10 min drive, Granada, 30 min drive) and local malls, shops and the best restaurants (Galerias Santo Domingo) in Managua just 5 min away. The owners: We are a mature couple with over 30 years together. Vilma is an artist from Guatemala and Luis is a lawyer from Nicaragua. Both met and studied at UC Berkeley in the Bay Area in California. Our goal is to provide a boutique hotel option for Managua giving a personalized service to all of our guests while ensuring that our operations are respectful with the environment.*Breakfast a la carte ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Boutique Villa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.