“Ameazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Managua, Nicaragua
“Ameazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I've stayed here many times... i can't avoid saying that it is an awesome hotel; makes you feel like home; the staff is so caring; you feel loved and that they really care about you; they welcomed you with a smile and always being at your service.

It's located in a very quiet community; so i feel relaxed.

i would definitely recommend it...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Gbsramirez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

I absolutely loved my stay in this boutique-style hotel. Food was great, and overall atmosphere was so nice and peaceful. There's a pool where I didnt hesitate to spend the afternoon after I was done with my day. I don't understand why other reviewers called it 'decent'. The place is beyond nicely decorated and the staff was very friendly. I am extremely picky about clean hotels, and this place was spotless. In my opinion the hotel is well managed and I'd stay there next time without looking any further.

Room Tip: Just make sure to make your reservation in advance
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alba C
VillaMaya, Propietario at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear guests:

I take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to serve you. Thanks to your reviews, we were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2012 from Trip Advisor. This award commits us to pursue further in our efforts to make a difference in the type of hotel services provided by the tourism industry in Nicaragua.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Hotel Boutique Villa Maya is a unique spot apart from the noisy streets of Managua yet minutes away from the heart of the city. Situated in the highlands of Managua, this hotel provides a great view to the landscape of Managua and the comfort only nature can offer. Combined with an excellent customer service, tasteful home-made local meals, this hotel offers the best bang for the buck in town if you are looking. The hotel is very quiet, with nicely decorated rooms and a backyard with a tempting pool where you can take a dip after a long sunny day. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Rodrigo Q

Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

its not a bad hotel, average. i stayed here instead of hotel beneficial because I was just in for a day and needed to visit a friend in Las Colinas where this place is at. If I didn´t need to be in this part of town, I´d have preferred Hotel Beneficial which is more like a hotel and where the staff have time to help you. Could give a free bottle of water like beneficial does too as the tap water here is yucky.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank missibehavin
VillaMaya, Owner at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, responded to this review, 28 August 2011
I was very surprised to read your comment since you mentioned several details which contradict set practices at our hotel. You wrote there was no bottled water offered, but we offer it to each one of our guests as soon as they walk in as one of our choices as a courtesy drink; also, we provide bottled water in each room. As a boutique hotel, we enjoy providing personalized attention to our guests; our staff is devoted to provide customer satisfaction and it has been rewarded with many excellent comments from our satisfied guests. Finally, I went through our registration records and did not find anyone from Madrid registered in August; as required by local law, all of our guests have to register and provide proper ID, which we copy and keep with the registration forms. There is no way a guest can stay in our hotel without being registered.
I invite you to visit us and experience staying at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, FOR FREE.
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Well i had the opportunity to stay in this hotel during my vacations last month and i can tell that the service was excellent but over everything the decoration was great, the light, the nature in the backyard, the refreshing pool.. it was simply excellent... and oh before i forgot it's located in one of the most exclusive areas of managua :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank michou91

Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Vacation time with my 21 year old son,great place away from city but close at the same time.Kenia is the best she runs the place very well. The only problem is the food very price and lousy if you just want to sleep there you are fine.To my paisana Guatemalteca do something about the menu.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank caca05

Sierra Madre, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

I had an 8 night stay in a room with a double bed on the first floor. The two young women running the hotel did a really great job making sure I was comfortable during my stay.

The hotel is just a few turns off the main road, and is in a great location if you plan on taking a drive to Masaya or Granda. It was just down the road from the Galerias Mall and many restaurants. It is located in a pretty quiet and safe neighborhood and is gated for extra safety.

The breakfast every morning was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. I was little worried that the room would be hot with the high temperature in Managua, but the air conditioner was very powerful and kept the room cold and was very quiet. I would highly suggest the hotel for business, solo travelers, and couples. There are only 8 rooms and the hotel is very quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. When I didn't feel like eating at the hotel or going out they were able to order fast food to my room! The WIFI was surprisingly fast for Managua.

The only minor problems that I had:
- The hot water one day was not working, but was fixed by the end of the day. For some reason the water was usually only hot mid-day, even though there was only one other room occupied.
- Coming in and out of the hotel you need to have the gate opened. The only time this becomes a real problem is if you plan on returning very late at night.

I've stayed at the Barcelo Managua and it is not even close to how great this hotel is. In my opinion it is by far one of the best values you can get in Managua. I hope that the hotel owner checks this review because the young ladies running the hotel are doing a fantastic job. They are very friendly and went above and beyond! They even got up at 4am to fix me a breakfast to take to the airport on my last day. I'd also like to find out the syrup they use on the pancakes because it has to be one of the most delicious I've ever tasted!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple