“An oasis with excellent service, fantastic food and beautiful scenery!!”

Hotel Boutique Villa Maya
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 11 November 2010

My mother and I stayed at Hotel Villa Maya while I did research in the National Archives. From the moment we arrived from the airport, the Hotel's staff were welcoming and friendly. They attended to every question that we had and made us feel very safe and comfortable there. This was our first trip to Nicaragua and we were nervous about being two women and traveling alone. Anna, Maria and Donald answered all of our questions and helped us coordinate local transport to and from the archives or wherever else we needed to go. Anna and Maria particularly were accommodating and professional. They put us at ease and expressed a genuine interest in our well-being. They managed to put up with all of our pesky questions with a smile and a ready answer! They will also help you if your Spanish is weak! I have never been to a hotel more beautiful or traveler-friendly. The walled garden is an oasis, where flowers and birds abound and was a real pleasure to come back to everyday. We stayed for ten days and never once tired of looking at the beautiful scenery. The room itself was large, and had beautiful authentic Guatemalan textiles decorating the walls and beds. The hotel is decorated in local textiles and art, and you will really get a feel for the culture of Nicaragua here. The cook, Rosario, made exquisite food and even taught us to make tortillas! She greeted us every morning at breakfast with a beautiful smile and a delicious breakfast! Rosario made everything from scratch and fixed us wonderful breakfasts and dinners. It was a real pleasure to greet the employees everyday. There is no large, international hotel feel, this place has an intimate bed and breakfast touch and was absolutely wonderful. I will stay at this hotel on any subsequent trips to Managua and would recommend the hotel to anyone who wants to support the local economy and avoid huge over-priced hotels. The Hotel Villa Maya had everything the big hotels had, and much more! Please give this beautiful hotel and its wonderful, friendly employees a chance!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
VillaMaya, Propietario at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear guests:

I take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to serve you. Thanks to your reviews, we were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2012 from Trip Advisor. This award commits us to pursue further in our efforts to make a difference in the type of hotel services provided by the tourism industry in Nicaragua.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Boutique Villa Maya

Reviewed 1 November 2010

After having stayed here previously, I felt I was returning home when I walked through the doors of this hotel. Rosario was still there and still makes the best tortillas... that I continue to crave. Even though I had been there before I was surprised by the feel this place has - I forget I'm in the middle of Managua. It's more like a tropical retreat. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Mapachula

Reviewed 25 October 2010

The expression doesn't quite capture my feeling but it is the best i have had in hotels in this country. Having visited for over 9 years i have finally found the one place that is truly comfortable, and has superb service. To me it is like staying at the Four Seasons but more intimate.. The artwork, decor and furniture are all tastefully chosen and will please the most discriminating guest. The gardens are impeccably maintained. The cook provides meals to order that are better than the best restaurants in town and at lesser cost. Cleanliness in the kitchen is the highest standard as are the ingredients used. I cannot say enough about the staff who are biligual and will meet every need with a smile. After a 3 month absence i was greeted by name and big honest smiles by all and truly felt welcome. As i told them, it is better than being home!

Reviewed 10 September 2010

We have stayed only for two days in Villa Maya, but it was a wonderful place to start our trip in central America. The villa breaths a very warm welcome and has a lot of artistic details. The room we had was cosy and very romantic with a balcony were we could sit and talk and eat the delicious meals, made by the family cook. The warm atmosphere is due to the positive hearts of the owners, Vilma and her Husband. The connection and vision they share with their employees makes that the visit doesn't feel if you are in a hotel, but you feel home. Have a late night swim in the beautiful pool in their stunning garden and start your trip well after your flight to Managua...
A must visit for every traveller.
kind regards,
Niels Vermeulen en Noortje van Strien - The Netherlands .

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2010

I stayed only one night. But I couldn't understand why this hotel could be no.1????
Yes, the house was nice, but the service was terrible!!!! I have not stayed such a bad service hotel.
When I came in to my room, there was NOT amenity goods. No soap, NO shampoo, nothing. They didn't prepare them. I took my reservation 2 weeks before.
And the restaurant in the hotel was closed because of the person was sick, nobody stayed there in stead of him, so I could NOT eat ANYthing. There is no restaurant near from this hotel neither, the resection gave me delivery menu.
And I had to leave the hotel to an airport very early so that I couldn't have breakfast, but they prepared me only one paper pack juice and 3 packs of Ritz. ONLY.
I payed a normal hotel charge including breakfast !!! when I arrived there at first.

I couldn't believe it. I hope this hotel would be change their mind at all.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank holacomoesta
Reviewed 17 July 2010

This is the second time I stay in this quiet and clean little bed and breakfast. It is the best place to work with free wifi, attentive staff, losts of good ambiance, great comfort. I love the cleanliness, the friendly staff and good food!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2010

i stay in this hotel for only 7 nights.but i could stay for ever
its so friendly,clean.and by far the best sercive i ever recive
by any other hotel in nicaragua .
family owned
and they make you feel like home
i only enjoy one day th pool but i wish i spend more time on it
i run out of words to thank them
and to make this review
.final word you have to experience by your self
and explore the plesures of life
thanks to all
rosario ,alicia both persons on the receptionist and the owners
all im thinking its to go back

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple