“What a wonderful stay! :-)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Contempo

Hotel Contempo
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Houston, Texas
“What a wonderful stay! :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

We were in Nicaragua for a friends wedding and stayed at Hotel Contempo. It is a boutique hotel and it so nice to stay in a place that was not crowded and hectic. The hotel staff were so nice. From the moment you walk in they greet you with a refreshing drink and check the reservation. We thought it would be difficult with the language barrier but there was always someone to help or find someone who could.
We stayed in the Colonial Suite and each room is named and very spacious and luxurious.
It was a treat to have chef prepared meals, chocolate treats delivered to your room daily.

The reception for our friends wedding was held in the reception room at the hotel and it was very beautiful.

We also had a few days after the wedding to see nicaragua and Contempo had a staff member Luis who was in charge of tour guides and provided us with a proposal and listing of things to go see and do in Granada, Managua and Masaya. He was very professional and provided great service. He took us to all three places and it was a very laid back, stress-free way to see Nicaragua. He took us to the Volcano sites, the open air markets to get gifts, lagoons, natural and historical sites and also had time to go ziplining. Both Luis and the bartender Carlos spoke english and helped us with what ever we needed.

We had a very good experience at contempo!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank l0vetravel80

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

We only stay there for one night but the hotel is super chic, every room has a unique design, modern and contemporary elements everywhere. The staff was super friendly, the dinner in the bar and the breakfast in the restaurant were good and plenty. I am planning to come back soon. The only thing they need to improve is the sign outside in the highway, we had troubles finding the right exit since the hotel is not in the main road. Other than that everything was perfect! Thank you so much Paula and her crew for all the attention. We felt like home!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank EdwinER
Newport Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

We are building a home in Nicaragua so when we fly in and out we generally spend the night in Managua. I read about this hotel in the NY Times. It was compared to a W, since I was meeting our son in Managua and his favorite NYC hotel is a W I made a reservation. He arrive the night before me and called when he checked in. He said it wasn't like a W. I thought oh no! He then said it was like the Standard in LA another favorite. Our room had a sitting area with flat screen and the bathtub was outside in a secluded patio. The whole vibe is contemporary, as the name suggests. The food is the best in Nicaragua,though expensive for there. When I arrived I was tired and didn't want to eat. My son talked me into it. Was I glad.....really, really good. The only draw back is the location. It is far from the airport.

Room Tip: They will provide airport transportation.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelContempo, Director Comercial at Hotel Contempo, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write your comments about Contempo. We are happy to be categorized by our guests as the best hotel in Managua. We are always striving to improve our service and hotel facilities so we would be delighted to have you back and enjoy the Contempo experience again.
Kind Regards
Paola Romero
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel in May 2011. First 2 nights at the start of my trip and then 1 at the end. It really is a superb boutique hotel. Great rooms (I stayed in 2 different rooms), great comfortable beds, excellent breakfast. Beautiful and relaxing ambiance. The pool area is also very. The staff is friendly and very much willing to help out (for example printing boarding passes). I really enjoyed my stay here very much. It is just 15 to 20 minutes from the airport and a great place to start and end a trip to Nicaragua.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

My wife and I needed to leave Costa Rica for 72 hours to renew our passports. We were debating whether to go to either Panama or Nicaragua until the New York Times article on the Contempo caught my eye. The article led me to read the seven TripAdvisor reviews (at that time) and the reviews made up my mind. And are we ever glad that we did. We are retired world travelers with only the highest raves for this boutique hotel. We give it high marks in all areas. The Contempo knows what its doing when it comes to quality and service. Best of all is the quality of food in its restaurant. When we checked in, the hotel manager immediately invited us to join a dinner they were holding that night to honor their chef (from France) who'd just won the Nicaraguan chef competition. It had each chef prepare four different courses, and their chef won three of the four! Wow! At that dinner they invited key suppliers to the hotel so the chef could share his winning entries. They made us feel like part of the family, and wouldn't let us even pay for the dinner and matched wines. The restaurant and food was a highlight of our trip. It was divine. The Contempo is a real jewel. Located in an upscale neighborhood just off the road to Granada, we can say from recent experience that the other reviews are spot on. To us, it was like checking into a W Hotel in New York. It was truly a romantic wonderful experience for us both.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Colorado City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

This was my second trip to Nicaragua. My wife and I decided to stay at the Contempo because of the goods reviews in the New York Times. The staff was very friendly and helpful at all hours, day or night, especially Daniel at front desk. They arranged the hotel's car for our trips and answered all of our questions, they were just very friendly people. The hotel beds were very comfortable and I thought our room was plenty large enough, each room has a unique style, we stayed in room "Lagos", just an amazing view. The hotel had wifi, they have some issues with the internet, but they solved. I was concerned about the shower not being hot at first but realized that I had to let it run for a while and then it got plenty hot. Overall, I liked the contemporary design and the beds were very comfortable. The location is perfect for relax and I did not have any issue with noise whatsoever. .
Mostly I liked the staff and enjoyed talking to them. I understand Spanish and speak a passable Spanish/spanglish so it was helpful that the staff spoke English. Staying at Contempo was like stayin in a Friends house managua is a beautiful and friendly city and I cannot wait until I return. Thank you Contempo Hotel for making my Second visit easy.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

I have traveled a lot but this is the first time I write a review of a hotel.

Everything was really INCREDIBLY PERFECT. The room that we got was really cool (every room is different). The restaurant is really good, specially the carpaccio, and the people who work there made us feel like royalty; it was very relaxing.

I will DEFINITELY go there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple