Hotel Contempo
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$134
US$145
US$108
US$59
US$54
Art Hotel Managua(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$47
All reviewsmodern boutique hotelhotel driverthe entire staffamazing hotelmaintained hotelspoke englishfelt like homedefinitely stay here againbed and pillowslocal hotelstandard roomdowntown managuarental carmasaya volcanobreakfast was deliciousflat screenquiet neighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We booked this hotel online in the morning and arrived in the afternoon. First impression...we loved the modern & minimal decor in the lobby and the restaurant and it did not end there. We stayed in room #2 "Pino"....again, beautiful, modern, and clean. With only 18-rooms there is such attention to detail. The linens are new, plenty of towels, soaker tub is great, bath products are a better quality, and free wi-fi and free bottled water in the rooms. Excellent!

The pool is a small lap pool in a small but clean and modern garden, great for a morning swim and tan.

Breakfast is included and can be ordered off the menu, lots of choice. We also had lunch from the bistro menu and dinner in the restaurant...dinner was fantastic, french inspired cuisine, lots of excellent choices.

Although we found everything quite nice the best part about this hotel is the staff and the attention & service they provide. Everyone is very friendly and approachable and wants to ensure you are having a great time. From arranging our shuttle to the airport to arranging massages they are excellent. If you do have a chance, we highly recommend having a massage by Francisco. The icing on the cake so to speak was when we ordered a dessert to be brought to the room as it was my boyfriends birthday. They arrived with a beautiful plate with "Felicidades" written in chocolate on the plate, the dessert, and a lite candle. It is this attention to detail that you do not always get in a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Contempo is a fairly new design hotel just outside of Managua city. It has only 18 rooms but all are really nice equipped. The restaurant is superb in it's quality and choices. breakafst is á la carte but with enough selections. The hotel offers transport to and from the airport and the taxi rates ar emore then reasonable. Wifi is for free. that for sure is a plus. I really liked it and the only remark i have is that the fan in the bathroom makes a hell of a noise when swithcing on the light. If they can fix that it would be the final dot on the i

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Contempo is a good option for several reasons. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. Much money has been spent here. With smoothing out some rough edges it could be great. The highlight for me was the staff. Wow. Really nice, helpful, smiling…can’t say enough. Not a bad experience in the bunch. The hotel itself is very contemporary, thus the name. The lobby is stunning and the rooms, designed extremely well.

The hotel is in an exclusive neighborhood outside the city. There is nothing around it except nice homes. So if the city feel with things to walk to is your desire, this is not the option for you. If a quiet destination hotel is your desire, perfect.

They are working on several aspects of the hotel. Something by the pool as there was loud saw going off all day. No pool time for me. They are also building out a spa. I did have a very inexpensive massage in the “old” area. Was very basic, but was inexpensive.

My bed was divine. However there was an odd drilling sound about every 15 minutes. I inquired after the first night and they told me it was the air conditioner, but would check on it. No change for the whole visit, but at least I knew what it was. I can sleep through anything, but I know all people can’t. Just a warning.

They have a French chef, so the food is good but on the heavy side.

One night the owner or a principal of the hotel inexplicably left his children to fend for themselves in the lobby. So they turned a very chic lobby into a play ground as several guests tried to endure at the bar.

The staff offers to take you anywhere you want to go. Just realize they will be charging you and clarify the rates. Best for no misunderstandings. If you do book on Expedia or somewhere like it, realize they surcharge you by at least $10 per day.

This hotel is definitely a great option depending on your goals for the visit. As I said, with smoothing out some rough edges this place will be great. I can’t say enough about the staff. Great job.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad one as they are pretty closed in and the neighborhood is quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Thought this hotel might be too slick for our stay as we were doing some mission volunteering and buisness in area.But our minds were put to ease when you can feel the sincere friendliness from all the staff members. It has a warm feeling in contemporary unbelievably clean surroundings.I couldnt write down and rave enough about the menu at this hotel ! If I wasnt so happily married I think Id ask the chef to run away with me ! It is french inspired and true to form but with fabulous portions and a flair of local ingredients.The room was beautiful,clean ,cool and everythinng worked fantastically ! Did I mention they have a lap pool ?

Room Tip: We had room 11 and has a wonderful sunken bathroom and large soaker tub all under a glass ceiling
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Really nice place to stay at in Mangua. Staff was real helpful and the food was outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple