“If one is in Managua, this is a nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Contempo

Hotel Contempo
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Palm Springs, California
“If one is in Managua, this is a nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

The staff are wonderful, if only a bit short on their English skills -- which is fine with me being very short on my Spanish skills. When communicated correctly, the room service and dining room food is delicious and very moderately priced. The service was excellent. My only bummer was my plan for a massage that couldn't be done because of availability. I would stay again for sure when I come back -- recommend it to others, and ask the mgt. to please ask the staff to talk a bit quieter when coming to work and walking near your room.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Had reservations for Valentines Day for dinner and we were hoping to have a wonderful night. They had a fixed menu which was limited in choices, we waited over two hours to get appetizers and then dinner which was cold, we decided to sent it back because we were not happy with the bad service we had the whole night. It took way too long to get our dinner returned to us and it just microwaved, not warm again. Dessert was horrible and the wine was the cheapest you could buy. My husband got sick the next day. All they did for us was take 10% off the bill instead making something right. I had hear good things about Azul restaurant but not the night we visited. We still gave a generous tip even though service and food were not what we were expecting from a boutique hotel. Manager should had done something right. Never visiting again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank VirginiaChJ
jaimeosorio, General Manager at Hotel Contempo, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear lady, I feel really embarrassed by this situation. You can be sure that I will take this matter seriously.  Could you please contact me at gerencia@contempohb.com. If it is possible to know and to see the matter in more detail and find ways to compensate if possible and that this does not happen again.

My sincere apology
Jaime Osorio B.
moorefield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Everything about our night at Contempo was great. The service and reception from
the begnning to the meals, to the quiet room, to the shuttle service to the airport...everything was done just right. We will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank marisombra
miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

One year later: the manager acknowledged the screw up from my first visit and gave me a $100 credit. Last month I basically filled the hotel with guests for my wedding. The entire staff was flawless. Service was incredible. Food was outstanding. Two small events were handled without a single problem. Every one of my 30 guests was very impressed and loved the place.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank termnalvee
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Returning late from Esteli, I needed one night in Managua to catch an early flight the next day. I used Trip Advisor and found Hotel Contempo. What a delight. From the kind welcome and check in to the very cool 'one of a kind' rooms with all the great amenities I was so impressed. Then I had the best filet mignon I had tasted while in Central America in their very posh yet reasonable restaurant. I finished off my evening enjoying a 'Janneson' world class cigar from Esteli by the secluded poolside. This property could easily be a winner alongside South Beach hotels in Miami. I will always plan a day or so at Hotel Contempo on all my trips through Managua.

Room Tip: Look at a few, they are all unique.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

My husband and I live on the beach in Nicaragua, but every time we have to go to the city, we treat ourselves to a night at Contempo! It is a very well-run hotel with an excellent staff and service. The rooms are immaculate, the beds are soft, the pool is terrific, and all of the amenities are great. The restaurant is delicious - try their stuffed french toast for breakfast! We rate this hotel very high, and not simply for Central America, but for anywhere in the world!

Room Tip: Each room is unique! Many of the rooms have a few stairs separating the sitting room from the sleep...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Roatan, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

This was the best hotel I've stayed at in Central America and actually, most places around the world! Staff were friendly, rooms were unbelievably comfortable (ahhh that bed!). Food was incredible from the restaurant. The price can't be beaten... I have paid double the amount for 1/4 of the experience. Well done Hotel Contempo, keep up the fantastic work!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple