“the best modern Hotel in Managua”
Review of Hotel Contempo

Hotel Contempo
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Managua
New York City, New York
“the best modern Hotel in Managua”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just amazing , from the room layout , the style is all over from the design to the confort. I have never felt more welcomed in any hotel. They are so helpful and go beyond their duties, to help with any service, doubt and will call for you and arrange anything you need. I felt like home. They even gave a me a bodygard when i had to pick up some papers in town !

oh and ride to the airport is included, nice saving a cab would cost up to 30to 40 usd if you are a tourist. plus it is safe.

the restaurant is extraordinary and combines authentic french cuisine with a Nicaraguan touch to give you a taste of the local terroir.. the chef is a french genius with a Nicaraguan heart . I tried many other places before but thats my home in Nicaragua from now on!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Genevieve K
Dear Genevieve K
We appreciate your comments, I will give our staff your congratulations, please visit us at any time.

Reservation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
boston, massachusetts USA
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel was absolutely wonderful. Staff were remarkable. We stayed for an extended period of time earlier this year while my daughter was waiting to give birth at a hospital in Managua. They made us feel at home and even brought flowers to her in the hospital after my grandson was born. When we returned to the hotel with the baby, they had champagne waiting for us to celebrate the first newborn to stay at their hotel. Good food and clean rooms are easy to find, but the kindness and hospitality they showed us was far more than we had received at any hotel, anywhere we have traveled. Thanks again Contempo! Sandy & Rick, USA

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sandy w
Dear Sandy

Thanks for your comments, we had an amazing feeling when your baby was born, thank you for let us be part of such unique moment, we all hope to see you and your baby when you get back to Nicaragua.

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this lovely hotel Nov 4-9, 2013. This hotel is amazing. We were picked up at the airport at 10pm and taken directly to our room, no need to check in. The staff, Marlon, Juan Carlos, Jimmy, and others who I don't remember their names were fabulous. From the first day on, we were treated like Royalty. The room was very clean and very modern. The food and wine were great, loved the jalapeño steak with salsa azul.
I had an issue when attempting to rent a vehicle at a local business and Hotel Contempo came through with a rental vehicle, they saved the rest of our trip. We returned to Hotel Contempo the night prior to our departure back to Texas and it was like we never left, everyone remembered our names and what we liked to drink. If you are staying in Managua, stay at Hotel Contempo you will love it. When we return to Nicaragua we will be sure to stay here again.

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Michael O
Dear Michael
We appreciate your comments, our staff always focus on make our guest feel like family, thats or main goal, we are happy to achieve this goal with you.

El Transito, Nicaragua
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is my 5th time staying at this wonderful hotel. Love that they pick me up from the airport or take me there. The food is excellent as always and I was impressed that the waiter remembered my food allergies that I had mentioned to him from my last stay. I have always recommended this hotel to any friends who are coming into Nicaragua and need a place to stay. The staff is excellent always courteous and ready to listen to your requests.
The grounds are very calming and a joy to explore.

Room Tip: go online and view the room selection, the decor is different in every room and it is always excitin...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Jan7994
Dear Jan
Thanks for your comments, knowing what our guest expect from us is very important, we are glad to meet your expectations, you can always come to Contempo and relax.

Campbell River, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013

October 2013, Seven days stay on business, the very helpful and friendly staff, above-average accommodations and excellent food service made our time at the Contempo very enjoyable. The themed rooms are an interesting take on a 4 star accommodation. Minor issues with internet and key cards were addressed by staff and easily overlooked given the totality of the positive experience. We hosted a meeting at the hotel on short notice and the staff put everything together for us with efficiency and allowed us to have a successful function.They were busy putting the spa area together and that promises to offer additional features to a great hotel. Easy access to a major roadway, part-way to Masaya, put us in close reach of everything we needed. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Robert S
Leon, Nicaragua
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Excellent staff, perfect service and lovely place!!! I was looking for a great hotel because we have to go often in Managua and El Contempo is really the best!!
This place is quiet, peaceful and really beautiful!!! Rooms are very comfortable and clean!
The French restaurant Azul became one of my favorite place in Managua. You have to try the meat!!!!
Everything was perfect and I want to to thank you especially Marlon who is the best concierge I never seen!!!
See you soon!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Sandrine K
Richland, Washington, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

When you stay somewhere your first impression is developed when you are greeted by the staff. We were met at the airport late at night by the hotel driver. He was very friendly and contacted the hotel that we were on our way. The restaurant was going to close so we were offered dinner which we order from the car. At our arrival we were greeted by a very friendly gentleman at the front desk and taken to our room immediately and dinner arrived within minutes. The next morning we explored the hotel, the grounds were beautiful! We had breakfast and the waiter and waitress were very friendly. The food was amazing. We hired the hotel driver for the day and we had a wonderful day driving around Managua. We went to other areas of Nicaragua but before leaving we returned to Contempo. The staff remember our names and the smiles and friendliness was the best of any where in Managua. Dinner at Azule was some of the best food we experienced on our trip. Just make sure and save room for dessert! We are all ready planning a trip back in the spring. Hotel Contempo will be our first and last stop. The beds are so comfortable I felt I was at home. The room was clean and very comfortable. Thank you Daniel (the singing concierge), Stephano, Linda, Juan, Fransico, and all the others that made our visit outstanding!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple