“Peaceful Night Sleep”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Dulce Hogar
Ranked #10 of 80 Managua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I strongly recommend this hotel if you want a peaceful nights sleep in a cool, clean and safe family style place. The service was excellent. Breakfast was served per individual request and made with fresh products...no instant boxes here. It is a safe haven in the middle of a busy city. All familiar channels were available on the TV too.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are the best. Hot and cold shower available with phones in each room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Esmeralda V

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had a restful time at this family owned and operated hostal. The service was courteous and the place was clean, with telephones, a\c and hot water in the room. We plan on stay Hostal Dulce Hogar again when we go back to Nicaragua.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank javier a
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed here based on the good reviews it had received but was very disappointed. Staff were NOT friendly at all and laughed and smirked at my basic - Intermediate Spanish. There was a trickle of warm water in my shower but only if you held the hose in a particular way. The room wasn't serviced at all during my stay leaving me to make my bed and empty my bin - not what I would expect for $40 a night! It is also out of the city centre (despite them assuring me when I booked that it was very central) - it wasn't! There is also nothing of much interest in the vicinity (except rundown shops etc) and gnarly locals. Overall not a pleasant experience and I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Itzapa-Itzapa
Reviewed 20 December 2011

This is a nice hotel if you're looking for a safe place to stay in Managua! The staff is very friendly, there's good breakfast (freshly prepared), and it is quiet. We had a small twin room, with air-condition and hot shower. It was good enough, the beds were nice. We had a good sleep!

I would recommend this place for the friendly staff and the location in a safe area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marlies84
Reviewed 16 December 2011

It's inexpensive.... I stayed for 10 days no one spoke English and I don't speak Spanish but they went out their way to tend to my needs. Free breakfast, WiFi, cable, hot water, air condition and privacy. I felt like I was the only guest they were so attentive and clean (I wasn't). Fresh linen, free call to USA I could go on and on ....really loved the place.Cristina was marvelous I would definitely stay there again. So much stuff right in walking distance bar, restaurants, clothing stores, nail salon, pharmacy, taxi and busses right outside the door.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3 ....
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank raindroptzzz
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Dulce Hogar is located far away from anything that matters to any leisure or business travelers. However, it is in a safe neighborhood, which is very important in a dangerous city like Managua. Taxi fare is cheap in Managua.

The rooms are small but nice and clean. Surprisingly good for this price level. There's free wi-fi in the rooms. The breakfast is good too. Overall, it's not a bad choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank yuyu418
Reviewed 25 November 2009

On our visit to Managua, we found this great small hostel close to Managua and with easy accessibility to anywhere you want to go around Managua!! The rooms (about 8 total) were extremely clean, with shower, bathroom, A/C, cable TV, and excellent affordability. I've been to other hostels and with this one there is no comparison for the modern amenities included. This is one cozy hostel to visit on anyone's next stay in Managua!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple