“Managua, Nicaragua”

Ranked #12 of 76 Managua B&B and Inns
Canada
“Managua, Nicaragua”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Very well Located...... rooms are clean, cable TV and air conditioned.
The staff are super nice and helpful.
Won't regret staying there.

When ever I go the Managua..... this is my home.
The owners name is Nelly......

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PokerHy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I am continually looking for savings, but I will not sacrifice the “must haves” of our days such as cleanliness, WiFi, good food, and easy access to the city.

I found this place meets, and surpasses by far my expectations not only when it comes to my room but all the communal areas such as the hallways, the restaurant, and its bathroom.

They have a very efficient, and independent air conditioning system which is essential during the month of June here in Managua.

The staff is friendly, and truly bilingual, and there is a family feeling in the air with other guests, and even with the taxi drivers which are readily available within minutes of a phone call.

But the truly amazing, and totally unexpected is that they have massage therapy on site!, and the masseuse is well versed in the practice of Yoga, and meditation techniques.
What a treat!, this was supposed to be a business trip but it turn into a very pleasant, and healing experience.

But I saved the best for last! The food! Oh yes, the food! If you are like me, and like healthy food you will also be in heaven after you tried the delicious optional vegetarian food.

I am looking forward to my next trip to Nicaragua, so that I can enjoy this wonderful place again, which I selfishly hope remains a secret so that it wont be spoiled by success like many others.

Room Tip: Ask for the vegetarian food, and other treats.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hialeah
Reviewed 10 April 2012

If your looking for luxury this is not the place to go but if you are looking to feel you are at home you will be in the right place! The room was very clean, awsome hopitality, there was sitting room where I could recieve my friends as if I were in my own house. The price was just perfect for my limited budget. Any other place for that price would probably be a dump. Oh! and breakfast is included too! great delicious tipical breakfast, Gallo Pinto Eggs ham coffee orange juice, and free internet use. I have read some of te reviews posted that are negative and honestly I think they were probably looking for upscale not comfy. I felt like I was in my own home and it I felt I was in my own house attending my guest's You should check it out. I will definitaely go again! This is where I spent my honey moon

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte C
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I strongly recommend this hotel if you want a peaceful nights sleep in a cool, clean and safe family style place. The service was excellent. Breakfast was served per individual request and made with fresh products...no instant boxes here. It is a safe haven in the middle of a busy city. All familiar channels were available on the TV too.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are the best. Hot and cold shower available with phones in each room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Esmeralda V
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had a restful time at this family owned and operated hostal. The service was courteous and the place was clean, with telephones, a\c and hot water in the room. We plan on stay Hostal Dulce Hogar again when we go back to Nicaragua.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank javier a
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed here based on the good reviews it had received but was very disappointed. Staff were NOT friendly at all and laughed and smirked at my basic - Intermediate Spanish. There was a trickle of warm water in my shower but only if you held the hose in a particular way. The room wasn't serviced at all during my stay leaving me to make my bed and empty my bin - not what I would expect for $40 a night! It is also out of the city centre (despite them assuring me when I booked that it was very central) - it wasn't! There is also nothing of much interest in the vicinity (except rundown shops etc) and gnarly locals. Overall not a pleasant experience and I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Itzapa-Itzapa
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 December 2011

This is a nice hotel if you're looking for a safe place to stay in Managua! The staff is very friendly, there's good breakfast (freshly prepared), and it is quiet. We had a small twin room, with air-condition and hot shower. It was good enough, the beds were nice. We had a good sleep!

I would recommend this place for the friendly staff and the location in a safe area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends