“Not as it use to be”

Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our dishes are created to be deliciously healthy, are made with respect for local growers, food ecology, and to showcase local ingredients. We offer vegan, vegetarian and meat, fish, chicken options. Our staff are well-paid and respected for their professionalism. Mon-Saturday 11 am - 11 pm. Sunday 11am - 9 pm. We have been in business in Managua since 2003. Proceeds from the restaurant are used to help the Ola Verde Foundation (Fundación Ola Verde), a local NGO that designs educational materials about making consumer food habits healthier using natural locally produced ingredients. We have recently remodeled the interior terrace, now called the Secret Garden, and usually have musicians or performing artists for cultural nights on weekends. Please check facebook for program information. Our organic food store and take-out delicatessen open 7 am - 10 pm each day except Sunday at 11 am - 9pm.
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Good for healthy meals. I really loved eating at this place, but the food is not as it used to be nor the service. The last time I went it took 2 hours to get the food to my plate. I haven't came back since then.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Incredible experience, superb taste, excellent staff, beautiful environment that offers a quality of natural foods that are locally grown. This was my first exp here and it surpassed anything I could have imagined. The owner was really nice and on the mark when she said It would leave us full, and with a great natural taste. I cant wait to go back here

1  Thank Sassytravler95
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My daughter and I ate here two days ago. Very nice ambience. I had traditional gazpacho and a Thai salad. Both were very good. My daughter, a vegetarian, had the vegetarian lasagna and enjoyed it very much. We shared a brownie for dessert, which was more like a cake. I didn't have a chance to browse in the store much but it looked like it offered a variety of fresh produce and grains. For those who live in Managua, this is a great addition. Healthy food.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Simply put, the food here is outstanding. The lasagna, marinated oyster mushrooms, and bean & quinoa salad are all tasty; it is the carrot gazpacho that's to die for. Buen provecho!

1  Thank JYellap
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This definitely is one of the best restaurants in Managua. We were here over 6 months ago for lunch and it was a great experience. We came back for dinner on a Sunday evening. It is open from 7-9 p.m. on Sundays. There was just one table occupied and then two other women showed up later on. Again when we were about to leave another family showed up.

It does not seem like the kind of food Nicaraguans like. Both times we were there people eating there were mostly foreigners. May be the prices are too high for the local people because they are, after all, the prices we would pay in the US. And also, organic, and a lot of vegetarian food might not be interesting to many people. It is really too bad because the menu in the restaurant has great options.

I had wanted to come here for dinner and I am glad I did. We sat outside and the ambiance was very nice. It was close to the road, so one could not easily ignore the street noise. However, the candle-lit restaurant with nice music was a good place to be.

We ordered salmon and steak and both dishes were very good. The beef was nicely done. We also shared a brownie for dessert and it also was really good. I also got 2 glasses of wine for the price of two, which was $5. The wine was not the best, but it was ok with the meal. We did have bit of a misunderstanding when we ordered decaf coffee. I asked if they had it first because many people do not drink decaf here. I had to have some coffee with this great brownie. The waiter said yes, but the cup we got was just diluted milk. When we asked him, he brought the packet of decaf coffee, but apparently they had forgotten to put it in to the cup. I am sure they are not used to weird people who actually drink coffee decaffeinated, so we did not make a big deal out of it. After all I did get my coffee later on.

So all in all we had a good dinner and the service was polite and efficient despite the blunder with coffee. I hope they get more business because we would like to be able to go there again sometime.

1  Thank SunnyW358