“Absolutely excellent”

Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our dishes are created to be deliciously healthy, are made with respect for local growers, food ecology, and to showcase local ingredients. We offer vegetarian and meat, fish, chicken options. Our staff are well-paid and respected for their professionalism. Mon-Saturday 7 am - 11 pm. Sunday 8am - 9 pm. We have been in business in Managua since 2003. Proceeds from the restaurant are used to help the Ola Verde Foundation (Fundación Ola Verde), a local NGO that designs educational materials about making consumer food habits healthier using natural locally produced ingredients. We have recently remodeled the interior terrace, now called the Secret Garden, and usually have musicians or performing artists for cultural nights on weekends. Please check facebook for program information.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Absolutely excellent”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Amazing food in a nice setting with service with a smile on the face. Tried few different things and all of them were just perfect. Definitely would go again if I happen to be in (or around) Managua. Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mozomofo

Bangkok, Thailand
“Absolutely Wonderful!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've been a regular visitor of Ola Verde and I am so impressed with their new menu and the expansion of the Organic Little Supermarket! I had a delicious meal, a Chicken Curry Tartine and an amazing fresh Watermelon Mint Juice. Afterwards I stopped by the Tienda and was so happy to find fresh baked bread and several options of things to take away--from baked goods, to hummus, veggies and nuts! I recommend Ola Verde to anyone who wants to delicious food that is healthy and organic!

1 Thank beatriz-aux-miranda
Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A perfect end to our trip”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our group of 10 dined at Ola Verde last year and couldn't wait to get back! We stayed the previous days at a resort in Montelimar this year where the food was ok but made for the masses. It was an absolute treat to come and dine in a restaurant where you can tell great care and creativity goes into each and every dish. The food was not only fresh and delicious but the presentation was so beautiful. Every item from the appetizers and wine, gazpacho and salads to the main dishes and then on to dessert were wonderful. Every bite so yummy! The staff was attentive and well trained. The owner, Carla, was present and attentive as well answering any questions we had. All of our group ordered different dishes and shared bites. I can tell you from tasting just about everything on the menu, you will not be disappointed. If you want fresh, healthy and delicious do not miss Ola Verde!

1 Thank Anna J
“The best meal in 5 days!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was my second trip to Ola Verde in Managua. The food was even better than last year. AFter 5 days of eating "buffet style" at an all-inclusive resort, my group was SO ready for a meal that was prepared in the best way possible. Carla knows exactly where all of the food for her restaurant is coming from, which is amazing. The menu had something for everyone, including my gluten-free friend who hadn't been eating much on the trip. Eating food from another country can be tough on digestion, but BOTH trips to Ola Verde left me feeling like I'd given my body something it needed. I felt great after the delicious meal. The ambiance was amazing, the staff took incredible care of us, and we lingered for over 2 hours. Do not miss the chance to try out this amazing restaurant!

1 Thank phpjeff
Ticuantepe, Nicaragua
“Food made us sick”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Last time I was there it for for a weeding, we were 15 people in total and 12 of those people got sick including me. And that was the only meal we all had in common.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CarlaEstrada
OlaVerde, Owner at Ola Verde, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Ola Verde has been in business 11 years. Any food consumed anywhere has a risk of being contaminated. The group returned the next day and informed us they had been ill. We did a microbiological assay of the water and tested our foods and we did not find any contaminated food or beverage. We are extremely careful and will continue to always follow food safety standards.