Hotel Express is a newly constructed hotel. Both customer service and accommodations has very limited potential, nothing noteworthy. The rooms are a reminiscence of European hotels, small and compact, utilizing all available space, thus, providing limited room to move around. It’s an adequate transit hotel if you’re only planning to use it as sleeping quarters while exploring Nicaragua. Due primarily to its favorable location, Hotel Express was the optimal choice for us at the time. However, we are most likely to stay at a different hotel next time we visit Managua.
Hotel Express is located in the heart of Managua, conveniently located adjacent to a shopping mall. Managua (MGA) International Airport is approximately 20 minutes away. (MGRS Location: 16P EU 83889 – 42315) (Elevation: 365 feet)
The rooms are clean and presentable. The employees are friendly, yet, only the front desk personnel speak English. The hotel is situated adjacent to a shopping mall. Dining and shopping opportunities are easily accessible. The hotel has a uniformed 24-hour armed guard.
Compact accommodations, both the rooms and bathrooms are extremely compact offering very limited space. The breakfast is extremely rudimentary, limited to a few selections of rice, sausage, fruits, and juices. The swimming pool is only three feet deep at its deepest point. It’s more like a kiddie pool. Our in-room safe was not properly secured, or bolted down. Therefore, anyone could have walked out with the safe along with all its contents.
Complimentary Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi; Flat Screen TV; Hairdryer; Clock/Radio; In-room Safe; On-Site Restaurant; Swimming Pool; Daily Housekeeping; Uniformed Armed Guards; Airport Shuttle.
Low $80s (tax included)
None. Booked via Travelocity for a lower rate.
1) Ask for two electronic card keys. Keep one for yourself and the other one holstered in the electronic kill switch in the room to keep the AC and TV running. We like to leave the TV and AC on while we’re away, to give the room an “occupied” appearance.
2) Visit the adjacent mall for dining and shopping. They have plenty of dining opportunities which are kids friendly.
3) Avoid the rooms on the first floor at all cost. There’s heavy pedestrian traffic in the morning when all the guests are congregating in the breakfast area next to the lobby.
4) Use the complimentary airport shuttle. Ensure that you book it the night before since a lot of guest are utilizing that service.
Please click the green “YES” button below if you find this review helpful. Thank you!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel HEX reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.