“Great Staff”

Hotel HEX
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Managua
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in September of last year and recently stayed for two weeks in July. I was impressed that the staff greeted me by name as soon as I walked in the door. Thank you to Jose and his staff for making me feel at home away from home. I like the fact that they provide a shuttle from and to the airport. The location is a safe area and with access to a next door mall with all the amenities and various places to eat in the food court. The only suggestion is to improve the Wi-fi service. The signal is very week and very difficult to connect. For people traveling on business, the need to send and receive documents is a must. I will suggest increasing the signal strength by installing more routers. Again, thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013
AsistenteReservas, Reservaciones at Hotel HEX, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you very much for your comment. We are always to serve you and we are pleased to know that you felt. comfortable with us. as to to Internet service, we are working on it in order to serve you better

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We unexpectedly had to stay two nights in Managua. The two hotels closer to the airport were full, but Camino Real contacted this hotel for us. We were picked up by shuttle, which we appreciated. The hotel is clean. The rooms are very small, but certainly adequate for a short stay. It is helpful having the mall right next door. There is a food court and a pub, which had decent food. There is a restaurant on site, and the food was pretty good. I agree with others; the loud band at the pool was really annoying. If you are doing an airport stopover, use the Mercedes or Camino Real over this hotel; it is worth the extra money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
AsistenteReservas, Reservaciones at Hotel HEX, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thanks for your comment, we are working to avoid the inconveniences happen again, We hope to serve you soon
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Clean hotel, rooms clean and bright. Free shuttle from the airport very good. The driver kept circling the airport until he had picked up everyone and had our names on a clipboard so we knew who to go to. We only stayed the night after flying in so I don't know what its like for longer than one night. I would definitely stay again if I was doing a airport drop off.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
ReservasHex, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel HEX, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Hotel Hex team appreciates your opinnion. We look forward to welcome you again and improve your experience in Nicaragua, See you soon!
Guatemala
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have been traveling to Managua about twice a year since 2002 and it was my first time in this hotel. I stayed for just one night. Believe me when I tell you that this was by far my worst experience in a Hotel in Nicaragua. I did the check in around 10 pm hoping that I could get a good night sleep. Oh was I mistaken! It was a nightmare! There was a loud band playing in the swimming pool area until midnight, I am sure that every guest at the hotel must have been furious with that kind of noise. Not to mention that the next morning at around 6 am I woke up with a nice hammer noise courtesy of a maintenance guy trying to open a door. Truly pitiful stay!

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms around the swimming pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EdgarSGuatemala
ReservasHex, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel HEX, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience, we are working every day to improve, we hope to serve you again.
New Mexico
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Do not waste your time or money here. The rooms are the size of a shoebox. We came in the middle of the week and a freaking LOUD latin band started playing in the pool area at 9:30pm. Let me correct that: in the wading pool area (2' deep and 12' long and greasy and dirty). We were on the 4th floor out of 5 half way down the hall from the pool area. So loud we couldn't even think. First they told me it would be over at 10:30. I went down to the desk at 10:50 and they promised it would be over at 11. It wasn't. The most rude and awful experience ever, I don't care what culture you come from. The most infuriating, rude experience I've ever had a hotel. If I could give minus points, they'd be here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank maggieNM
ReservasHex, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel HEX, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We didn't spend much time in Managua, but are glad we stayed at the Hex when we were there. We stayed here for our last night in Nicaragua and it worked well as a place to stay for an early morning flight.

Small, comfortable room. Great friendly service. AMAZING swimming pool. Hotel/airport shuttle was good - reliable and timely.

Swimming pool was rented out for parties, so we weren't able to spend as much time in it as we would have liked.

We'd recommend staying here for a quick trip - no complaints and good value.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank javakaty
ReservasHex, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel HEX, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for choosing Hotel Hex, hope we have made ​​your stay a pleasant experience, Hex Hotel team look forward to serving again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This was a treat during my trip through Nicaragua. I had amazing views from the top floor room.
Service was amazing and the receptionist called Paola was super professional and helpful. Especially when I had made a booking error online she was able to arrange the correct room on my arrival.
The pool area was small but clean. I didn't use the gym but it was there.
There's an atm in reception and if you need anything the a shopping mall is right across from the hotel.
Breakfast was a mix of European and Nicaraguan fare, included in the room rate.
Book in advace to get the best rates.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room for the best views facing the lake
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank DENXIL
ReservasHex, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel HEX, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thanks for your opinion, hex hotel team appreciates your opinion, hope to serve you again.