“Don't even short change yourself!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sol Y Luna

Hotel Sol Y Luna
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Managua
Hotel Sol Y Luna
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Managua
San Francisco, California, United States
“Don't even short change yourself!”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I have been to Nicaragua 2 times in 9 months! I decided to stay here on short notice. The lady who assisted me who I believe is also the owner is a deceiving! The suite she "supposdly" gave me that was better was not. I am OCD when it comes to where I sleep. When I slept here, the room was dirty. The floor was sooo dirty when you walked on it, you could feel the dirt. As in they never mopped it. The furniture is out dated and the staff are not inviting. The food - was the worst. Mind you- I am from Nicaragua but I reside in the states (so I know what my people's food should taste like). Making "Gallo Pinto" is very easy- so if you can't make that, HOUSTON-- we have a problem!

They served us papaya that was not ripe enough to eat and tasteless juice. They also charged me an extra $25 dollars because my boyfriend spent the night there with me- and they said I had not informed them! I'm okay with paying that, it's the manner they said it. They made it seem like I had committed a sin! I demanded dollars when I paid in terms of change- be careful they might want to pay you at a lower currency.

Room Tip: A clean one!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Pamela A

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 March 2011

This is a clean, safe, no-frills bed and breakfast with friendly helpful staff.
The hotel is located a block away from some great restaurants and is near the center of Managua but in a safe part of town, the local business have private guards patrolling the streets at night. The hotel is someone's home turned into a b&b. Each room is different. Some rooms are large, some are -ahem- cozy. We stayed in three different rooms. They were all clean with fresh towels. They all had cable tv and a/c that worked. Some had hot water, some not, but frankly in Managua's heat we didn't miss the hot water. Every morning we were treated to a simple but wholesome, tasty breakfast of coffee, toast, eggs, rice and beans. At night we availed ourselves of the many wonderful restaurants down the street, including an Asian Fusion, Brazilian Style Steak house, a coffee house, and a couple other places. They have a public PC with decent internet. The hosts speak English but after hours, most of the staff only speaks Spanish.
Again: no frills but we found it was a great place to stage our vacation in Nicaragua from.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple