“Over cooked my steak.”
Review of Trattoria Argentina El Tinto - CLOSED

Trattoria Argentina El Tinto
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Waitstaff
Description: Typical argentinian restaurant that offers different cuts of meat. Our most popular dishes are New York strip, skirt steak, flank steak, empanadas, chorizo and home made desserts. We have a wide selection of Argentinian wines. All main dishes are served with a selection of sides and our famous chimichurri.
San Clemente, California
“Over cooked my steak.”
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

This restaurant had a great atmosphere but had American prices. Not the reason you travel to Nicaragua. I paid $21 for a 12 oz New York strip and asked for medium. It came out like a piece of beef jerky. My nica friends advised me not to send it back. The crepe dessert was good though.

• Visited May 2013

St. Augustine, Florida
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My wife and are new to Managua (5 weeks since leaving the US) and live in Vera Cruz. We were pleased to find Trattoria Argentina not only close by, but with excellent food as well, in fact the first really excellent beef we have had in Nicaragua. She had the "Vacio" and I the "Churrasquino" (sp?) and both were tender and very flavorful. For dessert the flan was good, with some rum in the sauce. The waiter was courteous and very helpful. We showed up on the early side (5 PM) and had the place all to ourselves, sitting on the porch out back in a very restful and green area. We will definitely be back at this place, including trying it for lunch.

• Visited September 2012
managua
“update and its good news.”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We have enjoyed our meals before, but looking around it is not right that not too many people have yet discovered an honest restaurantur, the same staff, who remember what you like, and consistent excellent quality and good cooking. What more can you ask. We tried the apple pancakes for a dessert this time, and they are worth breaking your dieting discipline .

Prices are very fair, and its quite rare to walk away feeling satisfied, with no if onlys lingereing.

• Visited April 2012
managua
“underestimated.”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Careful as you drive in, the entrance is steep. There is a terrace and garden at the rear, which is delightful for eating al fresco. Music from the old days is not loud and adds to the ambience. House wine is tasty, The meat is excellent and the fried potatoes are finger thick
and all is well cooked. I chose (this was our fourth visit) the Lomito, and it could not be faulted for quality or the way it was cooked. Service professional, and although I could make some negative comments on the lack of training it is generic in Nicaragua I gave up.
Prices : very good value. They also serve a chorizo sandwich and fries if you want a tasty lunch. ( The owners are usually in attendance and this of course makes a big difference.

• Visited February 2012