“Beautiful Hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Toronto
“Beautiful Hotel!”
Reviewed 5 April 2011

The group of 13 I was travelling with ended up here by fluke. American Airlines had lost our bags, and sent us to this hotel. We were very skeptical at first, but we were totally blown away. In August I was on a mission trip with some students from my University to Nicaragua where we built a school and taught english in a very remote part of Northern Nicaragua (San Marcos). Our baggage contained everything we needed to camp out in the village, so until AA found our bags, which they eventually did two days later, we couldn't leave for the village. Anyway, we ended up at this hotel and it was beautiful. We couldn't believe an airline would send us to such a nice place. The building itself was gorgeous, tons of detail and attention. The room itself was also beautiful- it was honestly one of the nicest hotels I have been too before and I have travelled quite extensively throughout the Caribbean and Europe. It had a flat screen tv, huge comfy bed with awesome pillows and sheets- I slept the best I’ve ever slept at a hotel before. The bathroom was to die for- so gorgeous- it looked like we were staying in a movie stars vacation home. The pool was very very nice, as was the outside patio. The restaurant was very nice and food was good, just a little expensive (keep in mind I am a university student). This hotel is located right next to a mall with tons of food and shopping options which I highly recommend. the food there is much cheaper than the food at the hotel. The concierge staff was extremely helpful and did all they could to make sure we were looked after since we did not have our bags. Since AA paid for our rooms, I didn’t find out how much they were until I got back to Toronto and had internet to look it up. They are very cheap for what you get! Awesome deal. Once we received our bags we knew it was time to leave, to go to a place where we be camping with no electricity or running water for a month, so this two night stay was really nice.

Overall this was an excellent hotel that I would definitely recommend to anyone. Beautiful rooms, grounds, good food, and good people.

• Stayed August 2010
Tania2804, Revenue Manager at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for all your comments. Our staff is completely trained to offer you the best options you deserve and expect. We hope that you can stay with us in the future and to help you according to your needs. As you mention our property is located in front of the largest Metrocentro Mall where you can find different options to eat, stores and banks.
Once again thanks and we hope to have you as our guest soon.

Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
Lovettsville, Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I stayed at the Intercontinental at Metrocenter Managua base on colleague’s recommendations. My flight arrived after 9PM and I had the hotel arrange transportation from the airport to the hotel. As soon as I cleared customs, the driver was standing there with a placard with my name on it. There were no issues with checking in and the room was on the Ambassador floor. The room was clean and bathroom was spotless. The room has a coffee pot, courtesy bar, iron, nice flat screen TV and in room safe, large enough to store a laptop. The Internet service was very good but I don’t understand why they have to gouge you with the exorbitant rates of $15 a day. When you pay over $150 a night, the Internet should be free.
The hotel is located next to the Managua Metrocenter, a decent size mall with many stores and a food court if you get tired of the hotel food. If you miss McDonalds, there is one across the street from the hotel. The hotel had a decent fitness area and a pool. I enjoyed my stay here and would have no problem coming back here next time I am in Managua.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Tania2804, Revenue Manager at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Dear guest,

thanks for all your good comments about the Hotel. We hope you can stay with us in your next travel, we are working on providing you a better service in the internet.

On October, we hope to have a special area of Spa, a larger restaurant and as always characterized with the best service in Managua

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights, and spent our days just relaxing by the very nice pool. Great rooms and great service! The pool area was really nice, and I can recommend this hotel to anyone! Great buffet in the evening, with very helpful staff!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Dears Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We hope you have enjoyed “The best Rest" in our rooms. We hope to host you next time and provide you the best options depending on the type of visit
We work hard in training our staff so you can feel like home.

North Vancouver
Reviewed 24 February 2011

An amazing hotel in an excellent location. Spent 2 nights here and had a great experience. The pool is fantastic, Karla at the front desk was great (I hope that was here name?), the beds are extremely comfortable and the building is generally very nice even for North American standards. I loved staying at this hotel.

Having said that, I only had a few issues that I need to point out. Internet for $40 USD? That's simply unacceptable. I pay $10 more than that per MONTH where I live. Charge me $120 USD for the room instead of $90 USD and include internet and breakfast and I'd be happy. I just hate being charged extra for basics. The second thing I experienced was that one of my traveling group's rooms wasn't ready even though he was given a key...the cleaners were still in there....no problem, we're easy going, but after an hour they were still there but were just wrapping up. So he gets his room and right away notices that his pillow cases are wet in the sink. Weird. He talked to the front desk and got it taken care of no problem.

The third and final thing I noticed was that it's not really safe to walk around the neighborhood at night. Understandable enough, but this was literally right around the corner from the front door of the hotel. We experienced one of the most intoxicated and aggressive panhandellers I've ever seen. Not the hotel's fault, but part of our experience none the less and I feel obligated not to sugar-coat my story for my fellow Trip Advisor users.

OK, one more thing...I rented a truck for over a week from Avis (the hotel has its own desk) and I babied that truck all week like it was my father's. When I brought it back I did the mandatory inspection as expected and everything checked out as expected. So as I'm paying, all of a sudden I'm asked to sign a damage waiver of some sort. They claim I broke the inside of the headlight. Seriously? I refuse to sign, and I take my SLR camera outside with some witnesses to take pictures of this alleged damage. I couldn't see anything...actually the headlights worked perfectly and there was no damage to the glass that could be seen. There was a tiny chip behind the glass, but it looked like whomever changed the headlight had taken a chunk out of it. Anyway, it was a bitter end to an otherwise incredible trip, just don't trust Avis. I'm going to take up the issue with Avis headquarters not Intercontinental.

Me personally, I had an amazing stay and I WOULD recommend this hotel even after all of the above stories.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments, we are so glad to know you liked our property, in the future we are working on providing you the breakfast included in the rate and a better service with the internet use, also all our staffs are appropriately trained to provide our guest an excellent service during your stay and the security team is always there to guarantee the safety of our guests; we do apologize for the incidents happened during your stay. Remember, your suggestions are always welcome so we can work to give you the best service.

Let us be your hand and friend in your next visit to Nicaragua.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Our experience this past week lived up to the TA reviews: Lovely room, terrific service, tasty meal (and the most attentive restaurant service we had during our entire week in Nicaragua). THE place to stay in Managua. Our only disappointment: Internet service was additional and pricey, especially compared to the FREE WIFI we had received in both Granada and Leon at high-end hotels. Paying extra for internet service, at a deluxe hotel, doesn't seem quite right. Other than this, the Intercontinental is an excellent choice.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dhuds
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Real InterContinental Managua. We hope in the future provide a better service of the internet in order to fill your expectations.

On October, we will have a larger restaurant and as always characterized with the best service in Managua. Let us be your host for your next travel.

Birmanian Montiel
Miami
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I stayed there for a couple of nights. Staff was really nice. Food was good and the rooms very comfortable. Recommend.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Tania2804, Reservation Manager at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your comments, we are so glad to know you liked our property, all our staffs are appropriately trained to provide our guest an excellent service during the stay.
We hope to be your host on your next visit to Nicaragua.

Regards

Reservations Manager
Colares, Portugal
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We stayed at the Real Intercontinental Metrocentro but as usual we upgrade the reservation to executive room and we had not any reason to claim. The room was ok the internet is included in the price and we had access to the business lobby.
Excellent and a good option to stay at Manágua

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Tania2804, Reservations Manager at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
Dear Sir,

We are so glad to know you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and our stupendous services we have in our Club Intercontinental, We are looking forward to serve you in your next trip.

Regards