“Once again - Great Managua Hotel”

Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I have now stayed at this hotel over a dozen times and continue to be impressed. Service is great, the hotel is lovely and dining in the restaurant in the morning is outstanding!! The breakfast buffet is incredible, one of the best breakfasts of any hotel anywhere. It is quite expensive however if you have to pay, about $20 USD, that is a bit excessive but well, probably worth it if you are a big breakfast eater.

I stayed here one night after I returned from Domincan Republic as we got in pretty late and I didn't want to drive back home. I have dropped from Royal Ambassador to Platinum Ambassador so was not given one of the great big suites I was used to having here but was giving a nice room on the club floor and free breakfast. I also want to point out that the nice ambassador gift I received was actually pretty nice and useful instead of the not so great stuff I have sometimes received as an ambassador elsewhere. Also, instead of being allowed a 4pm late checkout (standard as a RA??) was allowed a 2pm checkout which was still better than the normal checkout time. It allowed me a leisurely morning and we ordered a nice room service lunch which came quickly and was quite good.

The normal rooms on the club floor are a bit small but incredibly comfortable. The AC was a frigid 16 C. I had spent 10 days in Domincan Republic suffering in hotels with insufficient AC so turned it way down and was thrilled that I actually got cold at night!! I need it cold to sleep and this hotels AC is terrific!!

If you are looking for a nice hotel in Managua, and don't want to stay out of the city at the Contempo, this is the best hotel in the City.
As an ambassador I was supposed to be given a free "pay" movie but as usual at this hotel they seem to forget this and charge me and I have to have it taken off. That is probably the only downside I can think of to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tammynnc
Birmania16, Revenue Manager at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Dear Guest,

We thank and appreciate your comment. We glad that you have enjoyed your best rest in our rooms, as always we are working hard to exceed our guest the expectations.

Thanks and we are waiting to serve you for your next stay

Regards

Reviewed 29 October 2011

This was a nice hotel to stay at for a last night in Nicaragua before heading home. We had a very nice room and had access to club level. Shortly after we checked in, we went on up and were given the drink of our choice. There were some small munchies to eat. And the following day we had a very hearty breakfast in the same area. The pool area was very nice and there was free parking.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MeloPeach

Dear Guest,

We are so glad to know you liked our property and know that you enjoy the “Best Rest” in our rooms, also all our staffs are appropriately trained to provide our guest an excellent service during your stay.

We hope to be your host in your next visit in Managua.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights. I felt right at home since all the staff were very courteous and polite. The room was very nice and had a very comfortable bed. I will definetely visit again during a future business visit to Managua.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

We are so glad that you liked our property and appreciate your comment. We are working hard to exceed our guest expectations.

Hope to have you as our guest soon.

Regards,

Revenue Manager.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for Valentine's Day, to have a little innercirty getaway!! The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast, both were lovely, we went with the buffet which had many very nice options. We then spent the next day at the pool which is very nice and had some yummy drinks poolside. All and all a nice experience. The restaurant is pretty pricey, but the food was very good. I think breakfast was included in our trip.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Birmania16, Revenue Manager at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear Madam,

Thank you for staying at our property. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay for Valentine. Be sure we do work harder to make your stay pleasent, comfortable and unforgetable.

Hope we can host you in your next trip.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I had an early morning meeting in Managua and arrived late in the evening with two young children. We didn't have a reservation and had and the meeting near the Intercontinental so we stopped. It was great, ordered room service, put the boys to bed, drank a glass
of wine and had a nice night. The room, service and breakfast were a
Most perfect. The only issue I had was that I the bath tub stopper was inoperable. If you have been to Central America you know that a bath is a luxury. I was
Looking forward to one and didn't want to wake the children by having the hotel repair it. All in all it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
Tania2804, Revenue Manager at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your comments, our goal is to exceed the expectative or our customers, all our staff are totally trained to provide the best service you be deserve, for us is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the best rest in our rooms.

Will be a pleasure to have you as our guest in the futures

Regarts,

Reviewed 20 August 2011

We stayed in the Intercontinental 5 days. The staff is very professional, friendly and well trained. From the taxi service, the bell boy, the front desk , the housekeeper etc. The room was clean and had a nice view, the one thing that really annoyed me was a leak in the toilet. I supposed I could have said something so they could fix it but I didn't. The food was good and well presented. The location is right specially if you go in business. There is a shopping center right outside the the building. I really didn't check the fitness center so don't have an opinion on that. Since it was my first visit to Nicaragua and no Mapquest or Google map will guide you my best advise is to hire a taxi. People in Nicaragua, in general, I found to be courteous, friendly and I will recommend a visit to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

We welcome your comment, is really important to know your Opinions because it helps us to improve our service to our customers, our staff are fully trained to provide the best serve. We apologize for the inconvenience you had in the room, we are working hard to ensure that these small details do not occur.

Hope to be your host on your next stay.

Sincerelly,

Reviewed 18 August 2011

this hotel is the best in Managua, good service, good food, i think the best in food, fresh coffee and bread, good excellent, good for business, no problem with the company voucher, free upgrade, nice. Good for the gov. org.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments; it is a pleasure to know you enjoyed the service and our facilities. We are working hard to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Hope to have you as our guest soon.

Regards,