“Incredible value for such luxury!”

Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night after 8 nights of backpacking through Nicaragua. After 8 nights of no AC and cold showers, I was craving a little luxury. I was not mistaken. This hotel is lavish yet cozy and is complete with enthusiastic, friendly staff. My husband and I speak little Spanish so to have so many English speaking staff was wonderful. The room had perhaps one of the nicest beds I've ever slept in and a decadent bathroom. We enjoyed the private taxi service as we wanted to go to dinner at night but were frightened about finding a safe taxi. intercontinental has their own private car fleet with clean, new vehicles and personable drivers. This type of accommodation woul easily be $400 per night anywhere else!! We did drive by the Hilton and felt like the Intercon looked much cleaner and inviting. Oh, and they had an adorable band by the pool on Friday night! No better option for lodging in Managua!

• Stayed: May 2013
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Managua.

Thank you very much for having chosen as the hotel to stay in Managua. It is a pleasure for us to know that your stay was excellent and that you and your husband enjoyed our hotel benefits provided to them.

We welcome your comments.

We hope you visit us soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Excellent facilities and atmosphere, delicious sushi great service that makes you feel like family, never stayed in the hotel but I had the pleasure of being served by Franklin the few times I've been there, I was surprised that after a while in the absence still have not forgotten my name, is super helpful and friendly always anticipates my needs as you do not know but it makes excellent

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Managua.

Thank you very much for choosing us as your hotel to stay in Managua. Similarly, we welcome your comments. It is our pleasure to give you fond memories from us and our team.

We hope to welcome you soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Managua does not offer much choice in international quality hotels. There is a Hilton that looks okay and a Crowne Plaza which looks very dated.
The Intercontinental is very comfortable with plush guest rooms, a large lobby with lots of seating, and a very nice pool area. The breakfast buffet was good although the selection was a bit limited. There is a nice, modern shopping mall adjacent to the hotel. The only complaint I have is many of the windows, which are double paned, have frosted up to a degree where it is difficult to see outside.

Room Tip: If you care about views, make sure your windows havent frosted up.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

Thank you very much for your comments, it really is a pleasure that you stay with us. Regarding the double glazed windows, these serve the purpose of isolating outside sound for you in our rooms can enjoy the best rest.

We hope you visit us soon,

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed the last day of our trip in this hotel, which was the perfect last day. Especially we enjoyed the restaurant Factory Steak and Lobster in the hotel. The food was excellent and the waiter Herberto was very friendly and professional.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

Thank you very much for your comments, it's good to know that even though you stayed only one night with us, was enough to be an excellent souvenir of your holiday in our country.

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay in Managua. On your next visit if you want to know more about our country you can ask to our Concierge about tourist places to visit. I'm sure he would provide the best options according to your tastes.

Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

It was great staying here for our last day, we hung out by the great pool and ordered dinner pool side. The food and service are great. I would recommend starting or ending your trip here.
The only issue if you want to eat breakfast it is a buffet and if you eat ala carte it is very expensive, I don't eat a lot but want to eat something small but don't want to pay as much as a buffet for one item. The buffet looked wonderful though.

• Stayed: March 2013
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the whole team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

Thank you very much for your comments We appreciate knowing that you enjoy your stay with us and that this achievement that the trip was a success.

We would be happy to welcome you again. I hope you visit us soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

This being my first night in Nicaragua, I wanted a safe, familiar choice. On that level this hotel succeeded for me. Reception people were fine, typical upscale hotel folks. I found the room average sized, certainly clean, but with a few annoyances--bathtub stopper didn't seal, toilet kept running at one point, unable to work iron. I needed a card to access my floor (6th) but was unsure why as the floor didn't seem all that special, unlike what I hear about the club floors 7 and 8. This became a problem when the card stopped functioning and I had to make a couple of trips back to get it corrected. (This is a common problem I run into with key cards, but my point is, why this access rigamarole for an apparently standard floor?).

Fitness center was pretty nice though I was unable to work the TV. The grounds and pool area (didn't use pool) are well kept. I did use the restauarant which I felt had good, but not great, food (I did like the pasty amusee), and suffered from the disappearing-waiter-at-check-time syndrome. There is also a second, buffet-style restaurant that's advertised but is apparently nonexistent (I did ask at reception to make sure I didn't miss it).

My understanding is that this is the highest-priced hotel in Managua. I think that if you're going to do that, everything should be working relatively flawlessly. The hotel fell short in this regard. Yes, I could have called staff and gotten things fixed, but when you're running around in an unfamiliar country trying to get things accomplished it's maddening to have to stop and do that. In addition, Internet was extra and rather pricey. I will say that the restauarant seemed to be a better value, price-wise, than the hotel. Again, a solid and safe hotel, and I was looking for that, but now that I know Nicaragua a little I will look elsewhere should I stay overnight in Managua.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Stanley S

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments these will help us improve and serve you better on your next visit.

For us it will be a pleasure to welcome you again. I hope you visit us soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My first time to Nicaragua and I have to get spoiled by the Real Intercontenentail Hotel in Manuaga.

Some bullet points:
- Clean, clean, clean
- All the modern room amenities.
- Mini bar and in room safe.
- Friendly staff
- Great service
- Great food (The Factory)
- Good security (card access for all floors)

Some details:

In the lounge, 3 Beers costs us about $5.00. We doubled checked to see if that was the correct price. It was. Tip? Yep included in price as well.

Across the street you will find a sizeable mall (2 floors) where you can get just about anything. The grocery store is the shop closest to the hotel.

McDonalds is on the other side if you really really have to. Just pull your hat over head so no one sees you.

Nice steakhouse just around the left side of the hotel as well. We ate there one night - 3 people, all had steak, appetizers, couple of drinks, dessert $75.00.

Hotel will pick up and drop off at airport for about $15.00. each way (It is a 20 minute ride)

They arranged a car service for our team during the week we were there. Very inexpensive and highly convenient.

Great pool and lounge area. Towels, sun chairs, ample space (see pictures)

Great exercise facility. All of the equipment is from Techongym. High quality equipment.

Business center is available with 3 computers and printing if you don't want to pay for the internet access.

Pay the small fee to get access to the club floor, It includes a great breakfast and afternoon snacks and drinks and other services.

Ok one fault so nobody thinks this is a paid promotion. The in-room coffee. The worst ever. Weak, tasteless, 2 slips and down the drain it went.

My room was $210.00/night. It was one of my best hotel stays in a long time.

Room Tip: North facing rooms look onto the bay and older parts of Managua (and the shopping mall) South facing...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CliveWoodrow
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

We thank you for your very good recommendations and for your excellent comments. It's nice to know that you enjoy your stay in our hotel and we left good memories of Nicaragua.

We hope you visit us soon.

General Genrente