“Good service, needs a little updating”

Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Bethesda, Maryland
“Good service, needs a little updating”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The Intercontinental Real is a pleasant hotel, very friendly service. The rooms are big and clean, but it is time to update the rooms and bathrooms.

They seems to have very serious problems with their key service. When I arrived, there was someone yelling at the front desk about how everyone in their group had problems with their keys. I didn't understand why he was so upset, but over the next three days, I did find it a bit annoying to go up to my room and have my key not work, and then have to return to the desk to get a newly programmed key. It happened about 80% of the time. If you have to get to a meeting, the loss of time can be aggravating.

The restaurants are also verrryyyy slowww. Don't eat dinner at the hotel unless you have at least two hours, or more time if you are in a large group. The food is okay -- it looks good, but the meat is tough and the shrimp are pretty tasteless.

I still gave it a relatively good rating because the staff try hard to make things pleasant, and the rooms are still nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Aristippe77
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

First we want to thank your preference to decide to stay with us. Secondly we want to thank you for your comments as these help us to improve and serve you better.

We apologize for the inconvenience you had during your visit, and we hope you give us a second chance hopes you visit us soon.

Best regards.

Hans Scholte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Excellent service, great restaurant food and great staff. Thank you Ross for giving great service every morning! I recommend the InterContinental Metrocentro Hotel to anyone who is in Nicaragua for Business or pleasure!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Mr. Anderson,

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

Thank you very much for staying with us when you travel to Managua. Similarly we welcome your comments on our Restaurant, Hotel and the team, believe me when a say that is a pleasure for us to serve you at each visit.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I'm a frequently user and I have received an excellent service from the restaurant staff, special mention to Ross Castillo, she provides an outstanding service. I would ever recommend the Intercontinental Metrocentro Hotel as a place to stay in Nicaragua.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to Managua, also thanks for your comments, it's nice to know that our team strives to provide the best care and service.

Rockville
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I usually only spend time in the capital when I absolutely have to be there for business. During those occasions, there is no better choice than the Inter. The business center is perfect for getting work done. The concierge is extremely attentive. Room service is quick, reasonably-priced, and high quality. The lounge area by the pool is relaxing and offers food from each of their three restaurants. The mall is just across the way and it has everything one would need. On top of all this, you have the Intercontinental level of quality and service, making this a must if you are in Managua.

Room Tip: I'm paranoid, so I prefer a room on a low floor in case of an earthquake ;)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the whole team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

As you may notice, some of the benefits of our service are concepts such as The Place to Be where thanks to our two Restaurants and Lounge every evening you can enjoy different experiences. Also be located in a central area and in front of a mall as Metrocentro gives more entertainment options during the day or night and if you want to rest our concept Your Best Rest help you relax especially after a long business day.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights on a business trip. Normally I stay at the Hilton, but decided to try the IC and take advantage of my Ambassador status...

Check in service was excellent.....they gave me a lovely mini painting as a welcome gift and the usual Ambassador perks, they told me I was given an upgrade to the Ambassador floor, only to find that I had a regular room on the 5th floor with no access to the lounge.....I complained and was sent a key for a room in the 7th floor...which had the exact same layout and size as the room I had before on the 5th floor!..... but at least I had access to the lounge!

The room had double panel windows, so it was very quiet...no street noise whatsoever
Bathroom is a bit dated and small. Maybe a sliding door would make it more comfortable
Room service was very fast and priced reasonably, without the normally abusive service charges
Lounge bfast was good and with a great view of the lake
Forgot my laptop charger at home, but they got me one on the spot.
They have a convenient, cheap and reliable shuttle to/from the airport

Will go back on my next trip

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying with us on your trip to Managua, it was a pleasure for us to assist you. Likewise, we thank you for your comments because these will help us grow, improve and serve you better on your next trip.

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The Intercontinental has been a lovely reception and send off in our trips to Nicaragua. The staff has consistently been gracious and responsive to our requests. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Even though we came stacked with surfboards, they were very accommodating.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying with us on your stay in Managua, it was a pleasure for us to assist you in your stay in our hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The service at this hotel was completely poor. They were over 2 hours late to the airport picking up. No one stepped up to apologize just offered excuses. At the hotel restaurant waited again for over one hour for supper to come. Once again only offered excuses. No management could be found. The daily trip to the omelet maker took at least 20 mins to get my omelet to me while others who came after me received theirs first. The sad thing is I am fluent in Spanish and that do not seem to help.

There were more service let downs at this hotel during the week.

The pool was nice after a hot day and there is a very nice mall across the street you can walk to.

I personally would not return to this hotel again until there are some changes to service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank davidglobalag
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm regards on behalf of the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

First I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We trully appreciate your comments, which will help us to improve our service to avoid this from happening again.

We hope to welcome you soon.