“Good but needs to improve in certain areas”

Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is my second stay at the InterContinental Real Metrocentro Managua. A very nice hotel with an excellent breakfast showing and good service on most occasions. The two areas in need of improvement are the room keycard system and updated carpeting/furnishings. All members of my party consistently had to return to the front desk to get our room keycards "rekeyed" due to non-working issues. We were on a very tight work schedule and it's very frustrating to constantly have to return to the front desk from the 5th floor of the hotel due to such an issue. I've ready many other comments here that are similar and the management must surely be aware of this long-term pervasive problem with the keycard system not functioning. The other issue is the worn furniture in the rooms and worn carpeting in the hallways leading to the rooms... musty smells from this carpeting was constant. Management, please address these issues! This is a beautiful hotel with a beautiful pool area and many other stately features.... all hotels must eventually update their surroundings and the keycard problem is out of control. I found the staff to be altogether helpful on all issues and very knowledgable and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher, pool view roo
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Mr. Thomas

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

Thank you very much again for your comments regarding the keycards currently our maintenance department and our room division department are working on a solution to this problem. Likewise i told you that in the near future for the convenience of our guests we plan to do some renovations in rooms and other areas of our hotel.

We hope you visit us again.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my husband. Three days in May. Excellent location, in the middle of Managua. Located near great restaurants, shopping and site seeings. Nice views, professional service. Will come back and recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Kindest regards from Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

We thank your preference to decide to stay with us. Thank you very much for your comments, it was a pleasure for us to assist you.

Best regards.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The Intercontinental Real is a pleasant hotel, very friendly service. The rooms are big and clean, but it is time to update the rooms and bathrooms.

They seems to have very serious problems with their key service. When I arrived, there was someone yelling at the front desk about how everyone in their group had problems with their keys. I didn't understand why he was so upset, but over the next three days, I did find it a bit annoying to go up to my room and have my key not work, and then have to return to the desk to get a newly programmed key. It happened about 80% of the time. If you have to get to a meeting, the loss of time can be aggravating.

The restaurants are also verrryyyy slowww. Don't eat dinner at the hotel unless you have at least two hours, or more time if you are in a large group. The food is okay -- it looks good, but the meat is tough and the shrimp are pretty tasteless.

I still gave it a relatively good rating because the staff try hard to make things pleasant, and the rooms are still nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Aristippe77

Kindest regards from Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

First we want to thank your preference to decide to stay with us. Secondly we want to thank you for your comments as these help us to improve and serve you better.

We apologize for the inconvenience you had during your visit, and we hope you give us a second chance hopes you visit us soon.

Best regards.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Excellent service, great restaurant food and great staff. Thank you Ross for giving great service every morning! I recommend the InterContinental Metrocentro Hotel to anyone who is in Nicaragua for Business or pleasure!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Mr. Anderson,

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

Thank you very much for staying with us when you travel to Managua. Similarly we welcome your comments on our Restaurant, Hotel and the team, believe me when a say that is a pleasure for us to serve you at each visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I'm a frequently user and I have received an excellent service from the restaurant staff, special mention to Ross Castillo, she provides an outstanding service. I would ever recommend the Intercontinental Metrocentro Hotel as a place to stay in Nicaragua.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Kindest regards from Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to Managua, also thanks for your comments, it's nice to know that our team strives to provide the best care and service.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I usually only spend time in the capital when I absolutely have to be there for business. During those occasions, there is no better choice than the Inter. The business center is perfect for getting work done. The concierge is extremely attentive. Room service is quick, reasonably-priced, and high quality. The lounge area by the pool is relaxing and offers food from each of their three restaurants. The mall is just across the way and it has everything one would need. On top of all this, you have the Intercontinental level of quality and service, making this a must if you are in Managua.

Room Tip: I'm paranoid, so I prefer a room on a low floor in case of an earthquake ;)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the whole team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

As you may notice, some of the benefits of our service are concepts such as The Place to Be where thanks to our two Restaurants and Lounge every evening you can enjoy different experiences. Also be located in a central area and in front of a mall as Metrocentro gives more entertainment options during the day or night and if you want to rest our concept Your Best Rest help you relax especially after a long business day.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Spent 2 nights on a business trip. Normally I stay at the Hilton, but decided to try the IC and take advantage of my Ambassador status...

Check in service was excellent.....they gave me a lovely mini painting as a welcome gift and the usual Ambassador perks, they told me I was given an upgrade to the Ambassador floor, only to find that I had a regular room on the 5th floor with no access to the lounge.....I complained and was sent a key for a room in the 7th floor...which had the exact same layout and size as the room I had before on the 5th floor!..... but at least I had access to the lounge!

The room had double panel windows, so it was very quiet...no street noise whatsoever
Bathroom is a bit dated and small. Maybe a sliding door would make it more comfortable
Room service was very fast and priced reasonably, without the normally abusive service charges
Lounge bfast was good and with a great view of the lake
Forgot my laptop charger at home, but they got me one on the spot.
They have a convenient, cheap and reliable shuttle to/from the airport

Will go back on my next trip

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying with us on your trip to Managua, it was a pleasure for us to assist you. Likewise, we thank you for your comments because these will help us grow, improve and serve you better on your next trip.