Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Glendora, California
“Welcome Home”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very good stay. We spent three nights at this hotel and we had a very good experience. The hotel is very clean, and the location is great. I would come back and will recommend this hotel. The breakfast buffet is very good a lot of fresh fruits and a bid variety of foods. I also enjoyed the coffee and used the bar good service.

Room Tip: Very good location and comfortable rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isabella89
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the team working at Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

We thank you for your comments and for staying with us during your visit to Managua. It was a pleasure for us to serve you and to know that you enjoy your stay.

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I am very pleased with my 2 week stay at this hotel. The staff are super friendly, very accommodating, and always ready to offer assistance or provide a service. The breakfast buffet offers a wide variety of options. In room dining is delivered promptly, cheerfully and always as expected. The laundry service was good. Clothes delivered at time promised and smelled super fresh. Jeasson the Concierge even waited on line at Metro Centro Mall next door to the hotel, for tickets to the Marc Anthony concert, the same day as the concert, for me. The hotel provided service to and from the concert venue. Food at The Factory, NAU Lounge and The Voltes Restaurants were good to great. Some staff I'd like to mention that provided excellent service (I'm sure they all do) that assisted me above and beyond during my stay are: Jimmy C. (The best. Always anticipating my dining needs), Carlos M., Martha H., Joseph C., Bruno M., David T. And Pedro. They were all super cheerful, always asked how things are when I'd see them at the pool area, hallways and lobby. The hotel always has an event going on. DJ by the pool twice during my stay, a fashion show to benefit children's cancer foundations, bands playing by the pool, etc. The fitness center is well equipped for my needs. 2 elliptical machine, 2 stationary bikes, several treadmills, along with dumbbells, chest press and leg machines. They offer massages, although I did not get one. I stayed in a reg room with a great view of the pool area. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff makes a place and the staff at this hotel treated me above and beyond.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the team working in Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay for two weeks, It was a pleasure to serve you and to know that you enjoy your stay. Similarly I want to thank you for your comments as these help us to improve and also to recognize the excellent work done by our team.

We hope you visit us soon,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Pros: good business hotel, excellent choice of food, attractive and relaxing pool and surroundings

Average: rooms are on the small side and mine had a consistently musty smell, although I appreciate in a climate as humid as Managua that is hard to avoid. Bed was very comfortable.

Cons: front desk staff are not particularly helpful or friendly - quite a contrast with the wait staff in the restaurants and around the pool who are lovely

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Kindest regards from the team working in Real InterContinental Metrocentro

Thanks for staying with us, just as we thank you for your comments, as these help us to find points where we need to improve to provide quality care.

We hope you visit us soon,

West Coast B.c.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Spent 3 nights here and was satisfied with most amenities.
Clean rooms and fantastic breakfast buffet.
Friendly service except at front desk where I felt as a woman; was treated a bit more with a snobby attitude than I noticed men were getting.
Was mixed about food in the Factory.
Had surf and turf and the steak was chewy and the lobster (grilled) was tasty but slightly
overcooked.
Good beef cappricio for apply and the bread and olive oil/balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese was exceptional.
Last evening had a caesar salad that came with an "unwanted" (nor did I order) dried out(barely chewable) sliced chicken breast.
It was just plain awful.
Complained but as usual no one cared.
The snooty little waiter tried to point out that he wanted and "extra tip" and kept looking over his shoulder every 5 seconds to see if I was going to provide one.
On top of the "already charged in the bill" there was NO WAY I was going to give more for sub-standard service.
However; the atmosphere on a Friday night was fabulous with a live band and a busy poolside
bar.
Hubby fell asleep so I went down to Nau for an appetizer on Sat. of tempura.
Very greasy and terrible.
But staff was friendly in there.
Concierge service should have been available every day but was not.
He did provide a good english speaking driver for the wonderful Masaya market
but don't choke on the price of $80 for the day.
Most likely the best hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Not much of a view looking at parking lot and shopping centre.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FrannywestcoastB_C_
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay with us, however I wish to thank you for your feedback as these help us find details that we need to improve.

Pooler, Georgia
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Perfect place for traveling on business. Internet works better then most hotels in the states. Pool is nice. Bar and restaurants were both very good and well priced. Buffet was great. Had a great experience. The only issue is I had a balcony room with a door that wouldn't open. But other then that the place was great.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vinny0014
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Managua.

Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to Managua. It was a pleasure for us to assist you in your stay. In relation to the balcony door, for the safety of our guests are kept locked.

Again thank you for your stay with us, I hope you visit us soon.

best regards,

Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My stay was excellent while i stayed at the intercontinental. Excellent professional staff all around especially since i didn't know any spanish. I would like to recconize the following employees for their excellent sevice and effort to make the customer happy, Kathyuska Baltodano, Joseph Contreras, Daysi Hernandez, Nimia Reyes, Pedro Antonio, and Vargas Fornos. They all did an excellent job serving me and my family during our 3 week stay in Nicaragua.

Room Tip: i stayed on the 6th, 7th, and the 4th floors, and all of them were excellent rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

First I want to thank you for staying with us during your visit to Managua. It's nice to know you enjoy your stay in the hotel. Thanks also to recognize the efforts made by our employees.

midwest
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Across from a major shopping mall (with a grocery store), this is an outstanding choice for arriving late in Managua. I prearranged for an airport shuttle ride to the hotel at 9PM and enjoyed every minute of my time there. The super-friendly and conscientious staff are waiting to help.

Deep bathtub was an excellent way to relax! Bed was great. Internet priced so that you can choose how long you surf and pay as you go. Miami stations are available on cable.

Restaurant is above average.

Room Tip: Two choices for renting a car in the hotel. Pay for the friendly hotel shuttle and get your vehicle...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TiVoFanWis
Intermanagua, Gerente at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear guest

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

We thank you for staying with us during your visit to Managua, just as I thank you for your comments, it was a pleasure for us to serve you and know that you enjoy your stay