“Probably the nicest hotel in the country”

InterContinental Real Managua at Metrocentro Mall
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Payson, Arizona
“Probably the nicest hotel in the country”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Just back from a trip all over Nicaragua. Stayed in some nice properties, but this is probably the nicest. It is on the east side of Managua near shopping so is a great first stop when you fly in. I also heard some expats who live in other areas of Nicaragua say that this is their weekend-away hotel of choice. The rooms were very comfortable and definitely up to a US standard. The beds provided a good night's sleep and there is wifi in the rooms (if you are a priority club member, it is free). The lobby area is beautiful. The breakfast buffet was a bit expensive ($20 per person) but the service was amazing. I asked one of the waiters if there was any apple juice and he said he would check. I didn't see him for a while so I was not sure what happened. Well, then he came out with freshly made apple juice just for me! Wow! Nice omelet station and even chocolate truffles (very rich). The pool area looked nice but we did not have the time to use it this trip. Parking and entrance guarded. Front desk staff very nice and helpful .Highly recommend this!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beav16
Intermanagua, Gerente at InterContinental Real Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

We thank you for staying with us on your trip to Managua. Similarly we thank you for your comment, it was our pleasure to serve you.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 19 March 2014

the service at the intercontinental managua was amazing! thank you pedro antonio for making it a great birthday when i had to arrive alone! you and the staff were wonderful. i am so happy to have stayed there. and, it was such a great experience that i stayed there again the nite before my flight home. every aspect was perfect. i couldn't have asked for a better spot on my way to a destination hours away. THANK YOU!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy S
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the team of Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

We thank you for staying with us on your trip to Managua. It was our pleasure to serve you especially on such a special date such as a birthday.

General Manager.
Colorado
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We arrived very late at night so stayed in Managua before traveling to the coast. The team at the hotel were all very gracious and attended to our every need, even my son's desire for a cookie close to midnight! Mind you, I am a "no sweets" at night kind of mom, but after 6 hours of travel, it was a blessing!

The breakfast that awaited us the next morning was worthy of a Sunday Brunch! It was the start of our love affair with NIcaraguan cheese!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SavvyConsumer
Intermanagua, Gerente at InterContinental Real Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the team working at Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

We thank you for your comments and for staying with us during your visit to Managua. It was a pleasure for us to serve you and know that you enjoy your stay with us.

We hope that your trip remains spectacular and that you visit us soon.

Glendora, California
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very good stay. We spent three nights at this hotel and we had a very good experience. The hotel is very clean, and the location is great. I would come back and will recommend this hotel. The breakfast buffet is very good a lot of fresh fruits and a bid variety of foods. I also enjoyed the coffee and used the bar good service.

Room Tip: Very good location and comfortable rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isabella89
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comments and for staying with us during your visit to Managua. It was a pleasure for us to serve you and to know that you enjoy your stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I am very pleased with my 2 week stay at this hotel. The staff are super friendly, very accommodating, and always ready to offer assistance or provide a service. The breakfast buffet offers a wide variety of options. In room dining is delivered promptly, cheerfully and always as expected. The laundry service was good. Clothes delivered at time promised and smelled super fresh. Jeasson the Concierge even waited on line at Metro Centro Mall next door to the hotel, for tickets to the Marc Anthony concert, the same day as the concert, for me. The hotel provided service to and from the concert venue. Food at The Factory, NAU Lounge and The Voltes Restaurants were good to great. Some staff I'd like to mention that provided excellent service (I'm sure they all do) that assisted me above and beyond during my stay are: Jimmy C. (The best. Always anticipating my dining needs), Carlos M., Martha H., Joseph C., Bruno M., David T. And Pedro. They were all super cheerful, always asked how things are when I'd see them at the pool area, hallways and lobby. The hotel always has an event going on. DJ by the pool twice during my stay, a fashion show to benefit children's cancer foundations, bands playing by the pool, etc. The fitness center is well equipped for my needs. 2 elliptical machine, 2 stationary bikes, several treadmills, along with dumbbells, chest press and leg machines. They offer massages, although I did not get one. I stayed in a reg room with a great view of the pool area. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff makes a place and the staff at this hotel treated me above and beyond.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Intermanagua, Gerente at InterContinental Real Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Kindest regards from the team working in Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua.

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay for two weeks, It was a pleasure to serve you and to know that you enjoy your stay. Similarly I want to thank you for your comments as these help us to improve and also to recognize the excellent work done by our team.

We hope you visit us soon,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Pros: good business hotel, excellent choice of food, attractive and relaxing pool and surroundings

Average: rooms are on the small side and mine had a consistently musty smell, although I appreciate in a climate as humid as Managua that is hard to avoid. Bed was very comfortable.

Cons: front desk staff are not particularly helpful or friendly - quite a contrast with the wait staff in the restaurants and around the pool who are lovely

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Kindest regards from the team working in Real InterContinental Metrocentro

Thanks for staying with us, just as we thank you for your comments, as these help us to find points where we need to improve to provide quality care.

We hope you visit us soon,

West Coast B.c.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Spent 3 nights here and was satisfied with most amenities.
Clean rooms and fantastic breakfast buffet.
Friendly service except at front desk where I felt as a woman; was treated a bit more with a snobby attitude than I noticed men were getting.
Was mixed about food in the Factory.
Had surf and turf and the steak was chewy and the lobster (grilled) was tasty but slightly
overcooked.
Good beef cappricio for apply and the bread and olive oil/balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese was exceptional.
Last evening had a caesar salad that came with an "unwanted" (nor did I order) dried out(barely chewable) sliced chicken breast.
It was just plain awful.
Complained but as usual no one cared.
The snooty little waiter tried to point out that he wanted and "extra tip" and kept looking over his shoulder every 5 seconds to see if I was going to provide one.
On top of the "already charged in the bill" there was NO WAY I was going to give more for sub-standard service.
However; the atmosphere on a Friday night was fabulous with a live band and a busy poolside
bar.
Hubby fell asleep so I went down to Nau for an appetizer on Sat. of tempura.
Very greasy and terrible.
But staff was friendly in there.
Concierge service should have been available every day but was not.
He did provide a good english speaking driver for the wonderful Masaya market
but don't choke on the price of $80 for the day.
Most likely the best hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Not much of a view looking at parking lot and shopping centre.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FrannywestcoastB_C_
Intermanagua, Gerente at InterContinental Real Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay with us, however I wish to thank you for your feedback as these help us find details that we need to improve.