This is a nice hotel. I am sure it is one of the best in Managua. It is directed next to a mall and has it's own shuttle- and taxiservice at good value. Parking is safe. The rooms are quite luxurious with a rather small but nice and very clean bathroom. The breakfast was excellent where guests also had a lot of choices. The restaurant staff is extremely nice and professional. Diners (excellent beef and lobster) and super New Year buffet were very good!
BUT... what happened at the reception?
1. At check in we received a roomcard (key) to an occupied room. We were suprised and one of the cleaning lady's who was working nextdoor told us that we enterred the room of mister xxx. This should be avoided!
2. We stayed at the top floor executive club level were we supposed to receive hors d'oeuvres, a cocktail hour and an open bar from 6 to 8 (check at premium services at the website). Due to maintenance we were appointed to the lobbybar for those extra's (acceptable sollution). Snacks were not available but the waiter proposed us some cheese. When we ordered 2 cocktails at 7 pm on our first day we received a bill although we were just a few minutes informed by the reception that an open bar included all drinks. After that wrong communication between reception and bar the bill was cancelled without any discussion but finally at check out we had to pay... After a very long discussion and a few calls I had to sign for a cancellation. Without the first 20 and last 20 minutes in this hotel we had an exellent stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an urban oasis at this award-winning, luxury hotel in Managua, Nicaragua. Ideally located in the center of the entertainment and business district, adjacent to Metrocentro, the country's largest shopping mall featuring more than 120 venues. At Metrocentro you will find boutiques, restaurants, bars, movie theaters and more. The hotel is only 6 miles away from Managua's international airport. The hotel offers many options for your entertainment; you can indulge yourself at Factory Steak & Lobster or enjoy a trendy ambiance and live music at NAU Sushi Lounge. Voltes restaurant is well-known for its buffet or if you prefer you can order a la carte. Customers can also unwind in the peaceful surroundings of our terrace next to the pool and exotic gardens. Our hotel rooms are designed to ensure your best rest. All our rooms are equipped with soundproof windows, custom mattresses, high speed streaming internet access, 300-thread count Egyptian cotton linen sheets, total blackout curtains, reading lamps, wide shower heads, mobile docking alarm clock, wide working desk, ergonomic chair, and more. For meetings and events the hotel offers nine modern and versatile event rooms with the latest in audiovisual technology. Our meeting space and ballrooms have the capacity to host events with up to 700 people. From the hotel it's easy to explore the city, you can visit Managua's famous Cathedral and its historic downtown area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Real Metrocentro Managua Hotel Managua
- Intercontinental Managua