“5-Star Hotel Near Airport”

Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Managua
California
“5-Star Hotel Near Airport”
Reviewed 12 November 2010

This is a true American-style first class hotel. There's no doubt that this hotel caters to the upper class of Managua. The service was impeccable, the food excellent and the business center professional. I can highly recommend this location. It took me only 10 minutes to the airport, so a perfect location for leisure and business travelers. The hotel is located opposite a decent mall.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Tania2804, Reservations Manager at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 25 November 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank for your comments, Indeed our property is located in the new center of Managua city, we are in front of Metrocentro Mall where you can find different stores, foodcourt, banks and Cinemas, we work hard every day to make our guest enjoyed their stay, our goal is to serve you and exceed your expectations.

Cordially,
Birmania Montiel
Reservations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
Harlingen, TX
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I stayed at the InterContinental for two non-consecutive nights in November 2010 as a layover for my journey to, and return from, the Corn Islands. Making reservations through the hotel's website was fast and easy. I did have some initial difficulty contacting the hotel through e-mail to schedule their shuttle for my arrivals in Managua, as I could not find an e-mail address on their website. However, once I found their e-mail address (mga-metro@interconti.com) from an old post here on TripAdvisor, reserving a shuttle wasn't a problem. I arrived in Managua, and the shuttle driver was waiting for me at the airport just outside the main exit. Travel to the InterContinental took about 20 to 30 minutes due to the traffic. Once at the hotel, check-in was fast, and the employees at the reception desk spoke excellent english. My room was clean, with large fluffy towels in the bathroom and clean and crisp sheets on the comfortable bed. Sleep quality was excellent, with little to no hallway or outside noise. Check-out early the next morning was fast, and the shuttle returned me to the airport for my 6:00am flight to the Corn Islands and 8:00am flight to the United States (the shuttle cost $8 each trip, payable with cash or credit card). I also used their taxi service for a trip to a local restaurant. The taxi was $5 each way, and my driver, Max Duarte, spoke very good english and was very knowledgeable about local restaurants. I cannot comment about the hotel's internet speed or breakfast quality or bar service, as I did not use these amenities while at the hotel. Overall, I was very pleased with the InterContinental and I heartily recommend this hotel to anyone spending any vaction or business time in Managua.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference, your opinion is very important for us, we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed the benefits of the stupendous location we have. Indeed, all of our staff is appropriately trained in order to provide the quality service that our clients deserve and the security team is always there to guarantee the safety of our guests to the arrival and departure time at the airport. We encourage you to visit our property next time and hope you can enjoy our different benefits such as Internet, restaurant, bar and gym we are looking forward to serve you and hope your next stay will be longer for a nearest future.

Cordially,

Birmania Montiel
Reservations Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 September 2010

A nice business hotel, good quality rooms, comfortable beds, no noticeable power outages (as opposed to everywhere else in the city). Decent food on the restaurants, although the sushi chef could sharpen his knife a bit :)

Good spot to stay if you are in town for business.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Tania2804, Revenue Manager at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
We are very glad to hear that your stay at Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua was pleasant and given that you like sushi we would like to invite you to our DJ nights (the last Thursday of the month) in Scenario Bar with a variety of sushi rolls and a cozy lounge atmosphere. Best Regards, Tania Guevara, Revenue Manager
Bacpakr
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This has got to be the best choice in Managua if you want to be centrally located, able to walk to an upscale mall...it's connected to one... and be assured of security, cleanliness and employees that make you feel as if your well being is their first concern. I was very impressed. The only drawback for me was that I was not a business traveler, and not used to extra charges for local phone calls or high speed internet. I never pay extra for wifi...even where I stay in northern Nicaragua. So that's the only thing I didn't like.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Tania2804, Revenue Manager at Real InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, 6 September 2010
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment. Indeed our property is located in the new center of Managua city. We work hard every day to make of every visit an experience. Concerning the internet, it is paid as an extra since we provide our guest with 10 MB high-speed service. However, we also have packages that include 24 hours internet and free local calls during your stay; since the package rate already includes those services at a convenience price. Do not forget we are always open to hearing your concerns and suggestions to improve.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I have no words to describe how I was treated by the staff. The best hotel I stayed in my life considering the staff. Infrastructure is very good also, and for sure If I come back, I will stay in this lovely hotel. Just to exemplify my experience, as soon I quit the cab, one guy told me: Mr. Costa? And I said: how do you know my name? He smiled and took my luggage. Then I arrived at the front desk and the girl said: Mr. Costa? Your room is waiting. Fantastic. The restaurant is also excelent, and the waiter was very polite and very attentive. Wonderful experience. I will come back!

Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank bccosta21
Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear that Hotel Intercontinental Metrocentro Managua was "the best hotel you stayed in your life" and we are working hard to make this true for every guest. Our personnel are always there to give the extra mile and make guests feel at home. Thank you for your opinion and do not forget that we are at your service anytime.

new york
Reviewed 27 July 2010

You really can't go wrong with any of the InterContinental Hotels, especially in Central America. But somehow, this hotel is my most favorite of all times. The service and attention provided by staff is exceptional. The top two floors are executive rooms which include a private dining room in which you are provided with a complementary happy hour and breakfast. And much to my delight and surprise, this venue genuinely facilitates mingling amongst the guests.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Dear guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you had the best stay in our hotel and we are always glad to receive your comments. Our Intercontinental Executive floor counts with exclusive suites, and a customized service, the amenities are also carefully designed to comfort even the most exigent traveler and the lounge is also a meeting place for many of our guests. Hotel Intercontinental Metrocentro Managua always welcomes you to come back!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2010

This is a very safe, clean, and well maintained hotel. We had a pre-paid rate of $209 a night for a King Club Junior Suite for 4. Two adults(king) and two teens(sofa sleeper bed), 2 baths with 2 TV's... it was just perfect for us. The king bed was pretty comfortable, pillows were not so comfortable and the large buttons in the sleeper sofa were not welcoming at all however we all managed to sleep well. A FREE and different variety of delicious continental breakfasts were available as there was excellent wait service by Fauricio who was extremely attentive and friendly each and every morning. There was limited day snacks/sodas, open bar/hors devours at night (8th flr. suite tenants only). Room internet was expensive so take advantage of the public computer station in this relaxing area. Thanks to our concierge, Tady M. Peña, all was planned and confirmed months in advance. Sr. Peña was always very attentive as he paid close attention to our every concern with excellent follow through. Shuttle, suite, dinner reservations, auto rental, chauffeur, sight seeing, all was exceptional thanks to his recommendations. Intercontinental is fortunate to have such a experienced and loyal employee. Although there were times we had to wait for front desk service because the associates were constantly busy. They obviously needed more help as it was reflected in their dry attitude. However the concierge, Jason, noticed that we were having some difficulty waiting and made a point to help us with our concern, now that's the kind of service we expect from a Intercontinental Hotel. You must walk next door to the restaurant "El Churrasco", for the best nicaraguan steak in town, it is melt in your mouth and a bargain. Although we rented a car from Hertz($$$) at the hotel remember the gas is very expensive. The hotel has a gorgeous clean patio and pool area and the mall next door has a variety of fast food restaurants we were mostly sight seeing all day. We would highly recommend a driver (chauffer $35-45 + meals a day), this was well worth the price we paid so if you want to do some sight seeing, this is the way to go. Ask for driver Denis Carballo a head of time. A native, Denis was very professional, bi-lingual and friendly, he not only showed us the best of locations to eat and sight see, he bargained for us at the craft markets and made us feel safe in every local. You have to visit the Masaya volcanoes, Catalina Craft Markets, Momotombo Canopy zip lines, Lake Nica, Granada and San Juan del Sur(gorgeous). On the road we ate lunch we ate at the most delicious restaurants Casa Francesa (Granada), Pelican Eye Resort (San Juan del Sur) even pizza at Pane Vino (Managua). Upon our return each day we were always greeted by not only the friendly door man, security but the concierge and staff as our suite was always exceptionally clean and attended to. We would come back again for business or pleasure. Save and take the shuttle to and from the airport ($8pp) as these gentleman continue the exceptional Intercontinental service to the end.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank tumorhumortexas
Dear guest,

Thank you for your preference, your opinion is very important to us. According to the description, you stayed in the Intercontinental Executive Floor which counts with an even more personal service (butler, breakfast, private lounge facilities and premium open bar from 6 to 8 p.m). Regarding the rooms, we are glad to inform you that we are constantly improving our services in order to guarantee you the best night sleep: our rooms are equipped with anti-noise windows and very comfortable beds. We also appreciate the fact that you felt very comfortable with our staff as they are very professional and attentive to your needs. Indeed, our personal concierge is always there to satisfy the guest needs, ensuring they feel comfortable and taken care of. We are looking forward to serve you in your next trip to the beautiful city of Managua.