“Okay stay near airport”

Best Western Las Mercedes
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We arrived late at the airport and instead of taking a taxi to Granada (where we were headed), we walked across the street to this hotel. This is a bare bones 'motel' type hotel. It is quite large and has a huge pool and some landscaped areas. The free breakfast was decent. The room was of decent size and the Air Conditioning worked, though it was extremely noisy. I would only stay here if you need to be near the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2014

Thanks you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and hope to have you more often, please let us know how we can improve.

We has been changed all our A/C; now we have the best A/C. possible to bay on the market.

Best Regard

Reviewed 18 July 2014

we loved we have been staying for tree years very convenience for the airport casino great staff amazing free breakfast nice clean swimming pool two of them spa courtesy staff great evaroment we are planning to go with my whole family special thank to the chef who have been for over 20 years and the gentleman who made the eggs the way you wants thank again i think his name is oscar

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property, thanks for your comments, we hope to have you again as our guest

Best Regards,

Best Western Las Mercedes

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've traveled all over the developed and developing world, and rarely will you find a well-run, nicely appointed, well-staffed hotel directly across the street from the airport. My wife and I travel to Managua frequently - we arrive at the airport, clear customs, then walk across the road and check-in. It's that simple, and at the end of a day of traveling, That convenience is very much appreciated.

The rooms are simple & well-appointed, with good water pressure in the shower and cold air conditioning. The hallways and pathways are covered, with lots of simple natural wood and terra cotta tiling. The grounds are lovely, well-landscaped with native plants that are all identified by labels so you can learn a bit with a stroll. The pool is large, crystal clear and well-kept, the deck area is ample. The pool bar & grill is ideal for a relaxing sandwich or snack & open late, the poolside restaurant serves a delicious menu.

And the service is great. The staff of Las Mercedes is excellent - helpful, friendly, well-trained, capable, and quick to be of service. In all honesty, the staff performs as well as the staff at an expensive, five-star property, and may be a bit friendlier at it.

Room Tip: When you check in, you may want to ask the front desk clerk whether there are any missionary groups...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are more than happy to hear that we satisfy all your expectations during your stay, we hope to have you again as our guest and serve you as you deserve, we invite you to enjoy of our service once again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Expat here again! This stay at the Las Mercedes makes my 3rd stay of 3 or more days per trip this year. Living now in Costa Rica and having to do the "Vista renewal thing" every 90 days. I have tried other countries and hotels. So far, I have not yet found any one yet that I think comes even close to this hotel. The entire complex is super clean. The rooms are also well appointed and spotless. Staff, I can't say enough about the smiling faces and the acknowledgement's they give to all! But, to me it's that wonderful Free breakfast! The line chef has been the same fellow that has cooked my eggs to perfection for over 3 years now. This guy can make an omelet or any other way you want them fixed! Guess he knows me pretty well by now.. all I do is waive to him when I enter and a couple of minutes later he hands me my eggs. No words spoken! Best of all..... Airport is across the street! They have a shuttle ( recommended) due to traffic or walk it in 2 minutes. I'll be back again in Oct. for sure!!

Room Tip: You may wish to get a room somewhere in the 20's to the 30's. All the floors are ceramic til...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments and the time you took it to write them, we are happy to hear that we filled out you expectations during you stay at our property for many years and we still doing it.

Best Regards

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked with Best Western directly for the BWLM in Nicaragua, and receiving a confirmation of my room and VISA charge the day before my arrival. I could not cancel within that period for a refund. I additionally confirmed a late arrival, clearly seen on my reservation. When I checked in a 9p, I was advised by the hotel that they were full and could not place me in a room. They had arranged for an alternative hotel, Hotel Europa, which was a 15 min drive from the airport, where the BWLM was directly across the street, as preferred. My VISA was charged $104, and the rate quote for the Hotel Europa was $57. Additionally, I had planned to have a late dinner at the BWLM with my travel companions whom were on a different flight leaving that night late; I instead had no dinner option and went to bed hungry. Avoid this facility as management did nothing to assist a solo traveler in a foreign country with limited spanish skills, all the while passing room keys to large groups while at the same time denying me a room, which was pre paid!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback, your opinion is very important to us, we strive every day to improve so we may serve you better as you deserve.I apologize for the inconveniences experienced.

Your complete satisfaction is our primary concern, and your feedback is paramount to our success. for this reason please let me offer you a free night in our Hotel at your convenience date.

Please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel, we want you back with us. We want to make it right for you, your complete satisfaction is our main goal.

Thank you once again please contact us directly we want to assure you personalized customer service.

Best Regards

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel for the familiar brand the across the street location from the airport. The staff and very nice, particularly the bell staff and the staff in the tiny salon area ( they can do pedicures if you would like to return from your trip with decent toes). The gym was closed for maintenance - though looks like it could use a major update, as could the bathrooms. Aside from that, nice to have pools and feels very lush and quiet given the airport next door. Perfect for a stay before a flight. The food is decent as well. You can tell the staff are really trying.

• Stayed: June 2014
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We Really appreciate your feedback, your satisfaction is the most important for us, with your comments are helping us to be better.

Front Desk Manager
Hotel Best Western Las Mercedes

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here in March and found the experience overall to be very comfortable and the staff very caring of me as a guest and customer. I was traveling with a group of college students, and was a little on the stressed side as we had a long day of traveling. We made it to the hotel and were checked in by a welcoming staff. The staff spoke English which was great considering I'm that guy who will travel to a foreign country and not know the language very well and need help. The only problem we encountered was trying to find our rooms. The complex is very large and lacks a lot of signage for where rooms are, we spent about 15 minutes trying to locate our rooms. Now, when we stayed there the night before our trip we were escorted to our rooms, which was worlds better. There is a nice restaurant in the complex that serves a good breakfast and dinner, which is really fortunate as there really is nothing to do next to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ben W
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Guest

We really appreciate your feedback we are working very hard for training our staff to provide you an excellent service as you deserve.

Front Desk Manager