“Always a wonderful sight for my tired eyes!”

BEST WESTERN Las Mercedes
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Managua
ga
“Always a wonderful sight for my tired eyes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

I have been going to Nicaragua with volunteer work for 3 years. My average stay is more than a month. For the convenience of it, I have stayed at this hotel on the night I arrive and the night before I leave the country. Each stay has been very nice and I have found the service to be available and helpful. Do they go out of the way to ask you all those annoying questions? NO. This is what I love about the place. I am left alone to relax and prepare for my trip to the rural areas where I do my work and I am welcomed when I return to take a nice shower and prepare to come home. Is this hotel perfect? No, but none are and believe me I have stayed in them all.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank booksforever

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Czech first
British Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

We stayed at the Best Western for the conveinence. They more than doubled the cost of drinks, and added a 10% voluntary tip to everything. There was nothing voluntary about it, the service was non exsistant. Check in was good but after that not one person offered any kind of assistance. I had huge bug bites in the morning my arms were so swollen I couldn't fit my watch on. The pool was not skimmed so it looked quite dirty. Overall it felt as if they were totally hosing people.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CoronBritishColumbia

Travellers are raving about these Managua hotels

Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

I wish I read all the reviews before staying in these infested shacks. The buildings are just wooden huts. The noise and music is all night. Not good for an early flight. Worst of all when I pulled down the covers, bugs ran. For the price, there are much better hotels in Nicaragua. A taxi from Metrocentro only cost me a few dollars to the airport.. Not even a hot shower for $100!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank roarinrory
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2010

The hotel was not what I had expected. Best Western in the United States, recently has improved significantly, this however did not carryover to Las Mercedes. I felt like I was staying at a $20 hotel, but pay 3 times that much. Dirty pool, very small rooms with small beds, broken screens.

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Nikcerveny
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

Las Mercedes has been refurbished since I stayed there ten years ago. It is right across from the Managua airport and is full of "North Americans," who no doubt enjoy being able to get the major U.S. and European networks on the cable TV. The water is hot, the rooms are very decent, and the rates are much better than the high-priced places in "downtown" Managua, a city where there is no there there. However, as a place to stay on vacation I would recommend going to Granada, a beautiful city.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank kinfinder
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

Stayed here twice during my trip. The first time was a double which was close to everything, had a nice bathroom and accessories. The second time I stayed in a triple at the very back of the hotel with a mediocre bathroom and bed. Breakfast is amazing!

Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2010

This hotel is placed extremely close to the Airport and it would be easy to dismiss it as stereoptypical airport hotel. However, it was like a welcoming oasis after a long tiring journey from the UK. It was just across the airport car park but once inside, it has lovely gardens, comfortable, clean rooms, good food and welcoming helplful staff.

What I especially liked was the quick, friendly check in so that we could quickl settle in our rooms, wash and find something good to eat after a day of airline food! I would thoroughly recommend this hotel as an initial stay before continuing your journey in Nicaragua. There are other hotels in Managua but it will mean a 30 minute drive after a long flight and it was so good to be able to relax so quickly.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple