“Comfy, Clean and Great Location”

Hilton Princess Managua
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Had another great stay here, with a lovely poolside party to celebrate Earth Hour. Great location, a nice short walk to many great restaurants and amenities. Thanks Lenner for a perfect ending to our Nica vacation!

Room Tip: I like overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank curlergirlAlberta
There are newer reviews for Hilton Princess Managua

Reviewed 20 March 2012

First, you have to understand that Managua has ZERO tourist infrastructure. Without the Hilton, we would have been completely lost and probably ripped off as a family of gringos, despite having a college-age son who speaks fluent Spanish. Staying here will open the door to the city.
We planned a day in Managua to see the sights after spending spring break in San Juan del Sur. Our room wasn't quite ready when we arrived at noon. The staff apologized with some free drink tickets and and through the hotel's car service, we connected with a friendly driver named William, who managed to show us the Acahualinga footprints, the ruined cathedral, the anti-Somoza monument and the Mirador view of old/new Nicaragua and the crater lake in under two hours! We can't say enough to praise this young man who taught himself English from music videos and TV. Another staffer pointed us in the direction of the nearby shopping mall which was a short walk from the new cathedral. We also managed to find an upscale restaurant area and a fascinating park dedicated to Cuban-Nicaraguan relations, all within walking distance. The room was spacious with all the usual Hilton amenities, including a buffet breakfast served in an upscale wood-paneled atmosphere, a complete contrast with the urban sprawl that is Managua. Yes, it's a bit pricey compared to the rest of Nicaragua but worth it.

Room Tip: We passed a room with a yappy dog, so be sure you don't get the room next door! Our room was on...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank strangersblog
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Exceptional Customer Service, Clean and affordable. Will stay here on my next trip to Managua.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Just checked out on Monday Jan 16, 2012 and didn't want to leave but everything comes to an end like my vacation, i spent three weeks at this hotel and the service its always great, everybody there knows me by my first name. I don't have anything negative to say about the staff nor the hotel, they always asked me if everything was ok if i needed anything. I will for sure be satying here again in april. Reception staff great i even got an upgrade to executive launch just for being nice, anyways i recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor facing the pool are not great on weekend since the have functions and it ca...
1  Thank CA1714
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed in Managua at the beginning and end of our trip. Couldn't have asked for more. Taxi drivers were very knowledgeable of the surroundings offering a bit of a history tour sling the way. I'd booked the first night on line before leaving and we liked it enough to return prior to departing back to States.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Redfishtx
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The last two nights of our trip to Nicaragua were spent at the Hilton Princess Managua. It was an excellent choice. It doesn't offer you much of a taste of Nicaragua, but after some of the other hotels we stayed at, we were glad to be at one that we could get a good night's sleep. All of the staff were polite and courteous, especially the ladies in the executive lounge. The breakfast and happy hour in the exec. lounge was pretty good as well. Our room was very clean and extremely comfortable. The only problem we had was that the shower drained a bit slow.

Since we had one full day left, we took a trip to Masaya, to see the volcano, market, Apoyo lagoon, and Coyotepe. The hotel arranged for us to go with one of their drivers. It was a bit more than a tour company, but it was worth it. We were able to move at our own pace and John did an incredible job as a guide. And unlike some of the other taxis we had taken, this one was clean and John proved a much safer driver than most. After our long morning adventure, we relaxed poolside. The pool area is very nice, unfortunately, it is in a courtyard with 4 tall walls that minimize the amount of sun it receives.

This is a great place to stay on your way in and/or out of Nicaragua via the International Airport.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

My husband and I spent our very first Christmas away from home here. It was our "home away from home" for the duration of our one-week vacation. I spoke with Kenya (concierge office) over the phone prior to arriving to request airport pick-up. She reassured me that someone with our names on a card would be there. He was there. We shared the shuttle with 2 gentlemen from Vancouver who became our friends.
We were on the 4th floor (one of 2 Executive floors). The room was spacious with a big bathroom . The bed was comfortable. The pillows were soft and fluffy. The towels were large and soft, as well. There was a safe in the room but it malfunctioned so we did not use it after the first few days. The ironing board was small and one that you have to put on the floor or on top of something when you used it so I called to exchange it with a standard size one. The shower and commode were separate from the sink. However, the sink area was so small that when I threw something in the trash can and I stood up, my forehead hit the small metal that was attached to the mantle piece. I came home with a big protruding bruise on my forehead.
We heard the next door TV that was on loudly until late at night. However, the traffic noise from Carretera Masaya, which our room faced, was hardly noticeable.
The staff here was extremely friendly and efficient. They were always willing to help. Yolanda at the 4th floor lounge was so nice. She was like our house mother. The others (Randy, Beatriz, Karla, Alicia, Juan Carlos, Hector, Mario,Lourdes et al) were all very attentive.
We have traveled around the world and have stayed in many hotels but this staff topped them all.
We had access to free breakfast (lounge or first floor) and snacks at the lounge on the 4th floor. The lounge was not crowded. There was a large TV set there and it was convenient to do some work or socializing.
They served American style breakfast and pastries with fresh fruit and with some local fares like rice and beans and fried plantains ("platano maduro"). The black beans were hard, though. Fresh fruit juices like watermelon, orange, carrot and pineapple were available. In the evening, there were snacks and beverages.
Shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and back was available for a small fee. It was safe and very well worth it to take the shuttle.
The day before we left, I took out my silver colored folder that had all our documents since I wanted to check in at Delta Airlines via the Internet. We went out on an all day tour. When we got back, my folder was gone. I was upset because it had all of our travel documents as well as my medical documents and letters from my physicians. As we were leaving for the tour that morning, there was an entourage of people that were spraying for bugs in the rooms. The trash cans were empty when we got back and according to the house keeper, she did not notice the folder. We never found it.
We loved the staff and the location of this hotel. We thank the staff for their hard work and for their friendliness. We will definitely stay here again if we go back to Nicaragua.

1  Thank TRAVELdglobenow