“Bad service”

Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Costa Rica
“Bad service”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The personnel at the hotel were never able to help resolve various issues. I even received a letter from the General Manager, but nothing was donde to help me solve a specific situation.
Definitely not a hotel I would reccomend, having other options available.
Also, they were remodeling the hotel so I could hear hammering from my room.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank K M
General M, General Manager at Hilton Princess Managua, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Guest KM
I am sorry that your experience was so bad, even after I explained you that the only ones who could solve your problem was the agency through which you purchased your stay at our hotel.
I understand your frustration to being difficult to locate the agency to manage your reservation and for that reason I offered you a future complementary stay to compesate the days that you need to leave early, even I offered you à la carte courtesy dinner in our restaurant to try to show you your value for us and also I bring you a free WIFI internet.

Again my apologies for not having met even so their expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Onalaska, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff and great accomidations. Executive lounge is well worth it with free beer and food. Clean rooms and comfortable beds are the highlight. Laundry service is quick. Rental car service available in house and great bar.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

Not what I expected at all. The rooms needed maintenance and had a funky smell. When I arrived, the lobby was under construction. I had to smell the strong and disturbing odor of paint and gas for 3 days. The staff was not as friendly as you would expect from a "5 star hotel". I felt like checking out before checking in. I would not go back to this hotel, not worth the money I spent. I would not go back on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank indira81
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

We used this hotel for a quick stay before taking a very early flight out of Managua. The staff was very friendly and helpful, including giving us some first aid supplie for cuts we obtained volcano boarding. Rooms were fine, except for a very strong musty type odor in our room and on the whole floor which made it hard to sleep.

• Stayed January 2013
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I had a fine stay here, but the real problem was that even though I booked it as a qualifying stay for Hilton HHonors, the property converted my rate to one that was "ineligible" for points (though this rate plan has been eligible at every other Hilton property I've stayed at), and I wound up getting zero points, zero nights, and zero stays. I could have done better with another hotel chain.

Would I recommend it? No. And that's a shame because it actually was a nice place, but the post-stay bummer of having to fight for what I should have gotten has soured me on this property for good.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank deirdresm
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

The Managua Hilton has the best beds in the world. You dont want to leave them. The staff are nice and caring. The food is excellent.

The hotel has restaurants within walking distance.

The only thing is you pay Hilton prices. But watch for specials. Book a room you can cancel and then watch the price on the different systems and book. Sometimes they drop to 79 or 89. When that happens you cancel your other reservation.

But a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank bennysjets
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I've stayed down the road at the Intercontinental and should have done so this trip as well. Very disappointing stay at the Hilton Princess Managua. Room did not look ready when I arrived, no hand towels and only 1 towel. I'd asked for a high floor room and was given one on the 1st floor. Very awkward and annoying set up with the tv cabinet - the doors that you had to open would not stay open, yet you could not open them all the way around as the case that presumably used to hold a mini fridge was in the way. A hamburger ordered from room service arrived very rare when medium was requested. To top it all off, I found out as I was getting to go to bed early for an early flight that I was on top of the kitchen. Every pot and pan banging and clanging I was stuck listening to for several hours. Absolutely no sound proofing between the floors. I wrote to Hilton after my stay but only received a "sorry" form letter in return.

Room Tip: Definitely not room #112 or around unless you want to be up all night!