“Comfy beds, really nice staff”

Hilton Princess Managua
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a very nice hotel. I used Hilton Honors points, so the price was very reasonable. The beds are super comfy. The pool is nice. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Most speak excellent English and are happy to help you practice your Spanish if you like. The location is about 15 minutes from the airport. I loved it and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank treehugr

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Stay at the Intercontinental if you can. We couldn't get a last-minute reservation there so went to the HP based on availability. We booked the Executive room with the Buffet Breakfast. The bed -YES! I needed it after a poor nights' sleep the night before. The room is unexceptional for over $200 a night, but the shower was good (water pressure, amenities such as slippers and bathrobe, hi-end amenities...). We ordered room service and I had to eat sitting on the floor because they didn't deliver it on a cart and the only table (the desk) was acting as my office. Again, unexceptional food. We ran into so e friends in the lobby who were there for the same reason (no availability at the Intercontinental) and they too were disappointed in the food (they own a high-end hotel and restaurant in Leon!). If you get miles for your stay, go for it. If not, the Seminole is cheaper and the Intercontinental is fabulous.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
General M, Manager at Hilton Princess Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for the opportunity to be your host in Hilton Princess Managua and for took your time to sent your opinion about our products and services.
You are right about a table for the food not all the time the desk is empty to use it and I will take your opinion to change this and we will proceed to buy some room service cars to offer to our guest. In reference to the food quality we will make a compromise to prepare and offer great dishes with consistency quality to create a memorable experience.
I hope in the future you bring us the opportunity to serve you again to reverse this terrible experience.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

If you have stayed at another Hilton in the world, you know what to expect--they pretty much always deliver the same sort of hotel. Which is, to say, very nice. Most staff is fluent in English, shuttle to/from the airport is convenient, and if you are in Managua it's one of your best options (though it's pricey, about what you'd pay for a similar hotel in the US).

1  Thank brian s
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The service at the hotel went well beyond any hotel at which I have ever stayed. Everyone...Everyone...EVERYONE was friendly and helpful beyond what a normal hotel experience requires. The executive floor was great. Happy Hour (until 11:00pm) Food,Drink,and Breakfast...great! My only regret is that I don't have another trip to Managua until April.

Room Tip: pay the extra for the executive floor
1  Thank holland m
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The staff at this hotel is required to know at least a LITTLE English, which meant that when my grammar-school level Spanish ability failed, we were still understood. On top of this pleasant surprise, we were impressed by the courtesy, friendliness and helpfulness of each and every employee there. The room was spacious and very well appointed, temperature control was efficient, it was clean and altogether very comfortable, The restaurant and bar provided great meals and service; the buffet breakfast had such a wide and interesting variety of foods that both of us were impressed. The only gripes we had--and these are minor ones--are that Internet service was a little iffy and had to be rebooted daily, and we were on the side-street side of the hotel and traffic noise was bothersome until about 11 at night (we were there Friday and Saturday nights). I'd strongly recommend this Hilton property, and we'd stay there again if we're ever in Managua again.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the west (side-street) side of the property if you want a quieter experienc...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wandergirly
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The personnel at the hotel were never able to help resolve various issues. I even received a letter from the General Manager, but nothing was donde to help me solve a specific situation.
Definitely not a hotel I would reccomend, having other options available.
Also, they were remodeling the hotel so I could hear hammering from my room.

1  Thank K M
General M, General Manager at Hilton Princess Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Dear Guest KM
I am sorry that your experience was so bad, even after I explained you that the only ones who could solve your problem was the agency through which you purchased your stay at our hotel.
I understand your frustration to being difficult to locate the agency to manage your reservation and for that reason I offered you a future complementary stay to compesate the days that you need to leave early, even I offered you à la carte courtesy dinner in our restaurant to try to show you your value for us and also I bring you a free WIFI internet.

Again my apologies for not having met even so their expectations.

Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff and great accomidations. Executive lounge is well worth it with free beer and food. Clean rooms and comfortable beds are the highlight. Laundry service is quick. Rental car service available in house and great bar.

• Stayed: December 2012