“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Dallas, United States
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Hotel Princess is one of the finest hotels I have stayed. Excellent and courteous staff. Business / club service is excellent. No complaints, food was great, internet services were flawless. They allowed my wife to bring or small dog.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Manuel V
General M, General Manager at Hilton Princess Managua, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Guest Manuel V: Thank you very much for your visit and the positive evaluation. We are happy you felt comfortable and well served. We hope you and you wife had a safe and pleasant trip back home and we can welcome you back on any future visits. for Hilton Managua Family It is a pleasure to welcome this review and this gives us a lot of encouragement to keep working every day with dedication and passion to continue creating positive experiences to our Guests.

Hilton Princess Managua

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed at this location recently on a business trip. The hotel is located on a busy corner of an even busier intersection. However, traffic noise wasn't very noticeable. The rooms are average but very clean. The A/C didn't work in my room and even though maintenance worked on it several times it never got cooler than 24 degrees Centigrade. Too hot for someone used to A/C. However, most of the country doesn't have the privilege of A/C so I got acclimated real quick :) The breakfast was the best meal offered in the dining room. The fresh fruit selection is amazing. Everything is grown locally and is so good.

Room Tip: the A/C (when it works) is turned off everyday in your room. I've heard it take several hours f...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Hilton Princess Managua, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you so much for expressing your opinion. In Hilton Princess Managua we are concerned and very interested about our client’s observations Be assured that your comments and feedback are certainly being taken into consideration and acted upon in order for us to improve our facilities and services. About the Breakfast We offer you a great appreciation for your comments , it is great to know that every time you receive the same great product you expect to. We will pass your compliments to Our Chef, Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through. I hope that the next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us at again.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have stayed here many times. Intimate, but luxurious hotel. Centrally located (as near as that can be in a city without a center, near the cathedral. Liked the services - Rentacar right there, easy.

1 Thank Bruce C
General M, General Manager at Hilton Princess Managua, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Guest Bruce, Thank you for your great feedback; you are always cordially invited to visit us again at The Hilton Princess Managua to enjoy our facilities, convenient location and our personalized service. It will be very nice to host you once again on a near future.Thank you for your review.

Generall Manager
Hilton Managua
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 June 2013

What good customer service can do when you are parked in a hotel for six weeks, working 6 days a week. Good customer service can turn average premises into pampered settings and make your long working hours a manageable experience, where problems are resolved as soon as they arise and your every needs are taken care of. Since the hotel does not have a business center, I was provided an office chair in my room to use for several weeks while I was in Managua. Copies were made for us on demand, and my team and I practically took over the Executive Lounge for business meetings. When I almost ruined my colleague's computer, the hotel MIS expert helped us dry and relaunch the computer, saving my colleagues and I hours of trouble fixing the problem. When a member of the team had a birthday, the hotel restaurant produced a cake and sent all their staff, from the different departments, to sing a Happy Birthday wish. My clothes were immaculately washed and ironed every day. I had taxis at the door and even a Dollar Rent a Car office (independent but so convenient) where I was able to rent a car, with a trusted driver.
The food could be better and more varied in the restaurant but the service I got will have me returning to this hotel every time I am in Nicaragua. I have not often seen the same excellence in service at all levels in a facility -- from the bell boy to the cleaning maid to the management.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank isabel_stout
General M, General Manager at Hilton Princess Managua, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Isabel, On behalf of the entire staff of Hilton Princess Managua we deeply appreciate your nice comments, Recognition is crucial for striving perfection and I would like to bring up that reviews like yours, gives us the certainty that we are heading on the right direction. Hilton Managua is always willing to offer a concept of gourmet luxury hospitality and distinguished location where human warmth and our passion for service to ensure total satisfaction of our guests. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again and serve you as you deserve.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I had just spent two weeks in northern Nicaragua at my MIL's house without running water and I had one night in Managua before my flight home. All I wanted when my husband and I made the reservation was a NICE hotel with comfortable beds, hot running water for a shower, and food beyond rice and beans, no matter the price. This hotel was everything I wanted and more. They were very accomodating and we had room service and ate in the restaurant - both of which were great. I didn't think the hotel was overly priced at all, given the accomodations and the type of hotel. My husband and I already have reservations to stay here again for Labor Day weekend when we'll be back in Managua. I'm looking forward to it!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melody0824
Dear Melody0824: it was our pleasure to host you during your time in Managua, We are happy you felt comfortable and well served. We hope you had a safe and pleasant trip back home and we can welcome you back on any future visits. It is a pleasure to welcome this review and this gives us a lot of encouragement to keep working every day with dedication and passion to continue creating positive experiences for you and your Family.
Woodville, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Nice atmosphere but very expensive... Had a couple of beers and two hamburgers 60.00 USD!
Go here only to cool off air-conditioned ... Otherwise stay away!!
Good location. Did not stay here, glad I didn't . We were the only ones in the restaurant that should have been our clue!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Hilton Princess Managua, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Glen H: We regret to know that you think our restaurant is overpriced; we always look to be competitive while we provide the best, reason why we set our prices according the restaurants located around us, otherwise be assured that your comments and feedback are certainly being taken into consideration and acted upon in order for us to improve our facilities and services.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I was on a business trip in Managua for a week and chose to stay at this hotel based on several recommendations I'd gotten from colleagues. Everything was generally fine -- the food was average, the room was clean, the bedding was comfortable, and the location was central. The biggest problem was the level of noise. The hotel uses the pool area for private parties, and there were several of them throughout that week. In fact, I think there was a party on every single night of the week I was there. And these were loud parties, with DJs and live music. My room was on a second floor, facing the pool. At first I thought it was only that one night, so I didn't say anything. Then the second night it happened again, and then again. I called to ask if anything could be done about the noise, and they they could change me to another room, which I wasn't going to do at midnight. The one other thing I'd point out is the value. For what this hotel is, more than US$150/night in Nicaragua is a lot of money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool/patio area, which the hotel uses for parties -- it's very nois...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest Jordan JC 21 17.Thank you for your review . We are pleased that you found our location clean and confortable but at the same time we are disappointed to learn that we did not provide you with the exceptional experience we strive to provide all our guests because of the Noise and if there was any discrepancy in our pricing. Please know that our team takes great pride in delivering great hospitality as well as consistent pricing and truly apologize if we did not live up to your expectations.

Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our staff in order for us to continue to improve upon our products and services. If your travels bring you back to our hotel we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be able to restore your faith in our hospitality.