Hilton Princess Managua
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Le Chateau(Managua)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat hotelfree weightstaxi servicebusiness tripcentral locationacross the streetbreakfast buffetrooms are nicehome away from homesan juan del surshopping mallbeatrizairportamenitiesshuttleaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This hotel is what you would think you will find in Central America. The rooms were decent and standard, but the hotel overall is seedy.

The bar/restaurant in the hotel was filled with cigarrette smoking locals watching sports. I felt awkward with my three collegues as i was the only female in the bar and did not stay long.

The location of the hotel is across from a nightclub that was packed all night. The whole visit was a bit nerve wracking and when we checked out at 5 am the police had just shot someone and he was lying on the ground across from the hotel lobby. People were streaming out of the club into the streets and I was happy to get in the cab and drive away.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank nyspanglish
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The hotel rooms are wonderful and the beds are the best. I think the price is a little high, not by HIlton standards, but for Nicaragua it is. The hotel had a wedding reception that night and it was so loud all night and we didnt sleep at all.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank knc1234
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Okay, I admit I have never stayed in name brand hotels during my two decades of visiting Nicaragua. However I was travelling this time with some folks that required upper end accomodations. So I had to balance my sensibilities of not wanting to pay too much with finding a full service hotel. I booked directly online and got very reasonable rates, in fact only $10 more than I normally pay in smaller B&B type places in Managua and to my shock I got a near 4 star hotel! My colleagues were reasonably impressed at the cleanliness, the service and the luxury of the Princess. Despite being located at one of the busiest roads in town the traffic noise did not penetrate. The food was typical hotel fare, but everyone found what we wanted.
There was an annoying banging that periodically would occur during the night. Despite my complaint they couldn't explain what it was. On a subsequent stay a few nights later in a different room I did not hear this noise. Someone thought it might have been mice. It sounded like someone was doing renovations in the middle of the night. Nonetheless I would highly recommend this place for folks who want a reasonably priced, clean, quiet, friendly hotel is a very central location. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Select during a previous visit and this Hilton was superior in every respect. Two thumbs up Princess Hilton. I'll be recommending you to others without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Wolftree
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Entree was totally uncooked, terrible, not typical Hilton style..Told and showed the staff meal is uncooked...All I received was a blank look and he cleared the table...You would think the staff would at least offer to take it back to inexperienced so called "chef"and cook the meal, no such luck....Bottom line, restaurant not recommended......

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I've stayed at this hotel at least ten times and have almost always had difficulty with the staff. Checked in with my fiance, who was immediately accosted by a moronic security guard who demanded her ID with the stated intent to keep it until we checked out--a typical requirement when the hotel thinks the woman is a prostitute. Since when do prostitutes check-in with suitcases?

The front desk clerk refused to apologize but "graciously" returned my fiance's ID to her. He then refused to look up my Hhonor's number.

Our room was supposed to be non-smoking but it was located on a floor with so many smokers that it was truly difficult to breathe in the hallway. Our room was connected to another, in which a family of very inconsiderate folks were staying. Promptly, at 6:00 am, they were awake and yelling at each other, while banging their dishes. To add insult, they kept trying to open the connecting door.

Absolutely will not stay in this dump. If you want a good experience for less money, check out Barcelo Managua--where they treat people with respect.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business