“Very safe and comfortable hotel.”

Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
“Very safe and comfortable hotel.”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Great hotel. There is one cool leisure area with bar, gym and pool. The breakfast is good, you can find fresh bread and fruits and other meals. The hotel has one good location and the room is very comfortable and cozy. Don't have nothing to complain about it. The hotel should have one free wi-fi.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Ximena C, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service provided. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future to serve you the same way we did last time. I have a doubt about your comment of wifi, we have free wi fi in rooms and public areas so i will send you a private message asking about it.

Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Corona, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently and I must say the experience was great! Check in was a breeze, the front desk person was very helpful. Even though I was with my friend and I failed to note when I originally booked the reservation online, she still gave me 2 room keys and gave me and extra complimentary beverage ticket for my friend too. She did not have to do that and I appreciated her for that. The room was impeccable! The bathroom was very clean and had all the amenities....towels, a magnifying mirror, a great shower head, a telephone (yes a telephone) and a scale! I was truly impressed. The beds were super comfortable. The only drawback, and my friend informed me of this (which he is a native of Managua), is that this hotel is away from most attractions. You have to take either a taxi or public bus. If you will be a first time visitor, I suggest taking a cab. Unless you have a friend that is a local and knows the public bus, you will truly get lost because there are different routes and no bus maps.

Other than that, this is a great hotel that I would not mind staying at again. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KrazySexyCool007
Ximena C, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review.

It is a pleasure to hear that your stay was excelent and that you enjoyed our services. Our satisfaction is you receiving a great experience and service. I am addressing your kind words to our staff they will appreciate it.

We hope to see you soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Spent one evening, very enjoyable stay after a long flight from the U.S. Dinner was above average, would of liked to have tried their breakfast. Rooms were comfortable above average. I would like to come back to this property if my travels bring me back to Central America.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Aaron B
Ximena C, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 January 2013

Thanks for your review.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services. I am addressing your kind words to our staff they will appreciate it. We are going to be waiting for your next visit to Nicaragua and we recomend our breakfast I am sure you will love it.

We hope to see you soon.

Mississauga
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This was our first hotel we stayed at in Nicaragua. It was pretty much the same as what you would expect in North America. The staff was helpful and the bartender was great at his open air location beside the pool. Turned out to be the "best" hotel we stayed at in Managua and almost the best in the rest of Nicaragua. Internet was an issue and check in was slow but after some of our other experiences at hotels in Nicaragua, in hindsight, it was pretty good.

Room Tip: Visitors can't expect too much from this country. They are not really set up for tourists witho...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Ximena C, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear guest:

Thank you for chose Holiday Inn Convention Center for your first stay in Nicaragua.

It is great to know that you enjoyed our services and that our staff was helpful. We apologize because of the inconvenience with the internet service, we are working to improve it.

I hope that you enjoyed of Nicaragua and we hope to see you soon.

Ximena Cruz Borge
Reviewed 19 November 2012

On the Nicaragua scale this hotel ranks very high. On a business traveller scale it's low. Good Internet & on time airport shuttle service are a necessity and this hotel has neither.
However if you want a soft mattress & reliable hot water then this may be your best choice.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Frenchconnections
Ximena C, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for review our hotel.

Is nice to know that you liked our mattress and hot water. We want to be a great option for our guests so I sent you a private message to have more information.

Best regards.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I was over charged $190.00 by this hotel. Other than that, the staff was excellent and always helpful. On site entertainment can be something that should be considered. However, drinks and meals are a little over priced comparing outside establishments.

• Stayed November 2012
Ximena C, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for chose Holiday Inn Convention Center for your last stay in Nicaragua.

It is a pleasure to serve you and is nice to know that you liked our staff. We understand that our entertainment options could not be enough for our guest, we are always available to give information about near entertainment places.

We are going to revert the charge made to your credit card, I apologize for the inconvenience, we are going to do the best that we can to make the process faster.

Thank you and we hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you,

Ximena Cruz Borge
costa rica
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Booked a reservation online. My card was charged. Received a confirmation email.

When I arrived, I was told that my reservation was for the following day. I pulled out and showed my printed copy of their confirmation. After almost an hour of discussion with several different 'no people', I was told they would do me a favor and let me stay.

I booked a junior suite, but arrived to a single room. I asked about this, and they told me that was all that was available. Resigned to make due, I set up and tried to do some work. The internet was out, so there goes that idea.

I went downstairs and asked where I could go for internet, and was told there was no internet. I assured the desk person I was aware of the outage, as that was why I was asking for another location. I was directed to a nearby internet cafe.

Once I got my laptop set up at the internet cafe, I looked online to find the hotel had charged me a second time for my room, this time at a higher price. So I printed the bank statement and took it back to the hotel. After a lot of confusion, an apology was issued and I went to my room to take a nap. Only to find my key no longer worked.

Went downstairs to start all over about my reservation and how I had already paid for the room. Was assured a refund to my card would be issued.

I should mention that I speak fluent Spanish. So there wasn't any translation issues.

I checked out the next day after a long ordeal. I actually spent more time dealing with staff errors than I did working. And it seemed that as many solutions that were presented to them, they found a way to fight through it and make it difficult for me to simply park my things and get some work done.

After a couple of weeks, I've now opened a dispute to the charges that this hotel has failed to take off. Glad I kept my paperwork, as they are now claiming that I rented two rooms that night...

This hotel works hard to make very simple transactions difficult, then employs dishonesty to cover their mistakes.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank jonesieinhavana
EIMejia, Room Division Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Dear Guest:

Thanks for let us know about your recent experience. Unfortunatelly we do not have enough information about your stay and your complaint in order to take the necesary steps to solve the credit card issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We will adress your comments to the involve areas for corrective actions, specially the internet, since we have reacently made an upgrade of our system connection and do not understand what could have happened.

Please do not hessitate to contact us.

Eugenia Mejia