“Overall a Good Week” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Indian Trail, North Carolina
“Overall a Good Week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Has the opportunity to visit Managua for a week recently and stayed at the Holiday Inn. The property is well situated in the city and is a safe place to stay. The room was well appointed and while the reviews about the worn carpet are all on target, I could overlook that because I have stayed elsewhere in Managua and a little stained carpet isn't a deal breaker. However, I would hope the property management would seek to upgrade the carpet in the near future...it is the one black eye the hotel has. The breakfast was great and the service was even better. We had dinner a couple of nights at the hotel, and while it was not amazing...it met the needs of weary travelers. The staff throughout were all very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: One tip: If you want to ensure a quieter room, ask for the front of the building because it is not...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Chuck G G ,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua for your last stay and post a review! We are glad you enjoyed our services and that our location was convenient for you.

I am happy to inform you that we are going to have a new carpet for 2014.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again with more improvements!

Ximena Cruz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Excellent costumer service, 24 hours hotel shuttle, i really like this place.

The first time I chose this hotel was for safety, came on for business and I really liked this hotel, i feel safe. Managua is not a dangerous place, people are very friendly and supportive, Have no need to find more hotels, when i will return,#1 Holiday,First choice to stay in Managua.

G.O

Room Tip: Be always friendly and you will recieve the same.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear gabcisco,

Thanks for your loyalty and for taking the time express your opinion about our hotel!

It´s wonderful to know you enjoyed our services and facilities. You do not know how happy and satisfied we felt when we read your encouraging review and know that we achieved our main goal; to make our guests feel safe and at home with us. We will be addressing your comments to our colleagues and staff. I am sure they will be delighted.

Thanks again for your kind words and we will be waiting your next stay.

Managua, Nicaragua
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Good service, good meals and excellent customer service (all people treated me nicely), I take the hotel's shuttle without problems any time, the rooms are clean and everything worked well.
I have no complaints.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Cesar E,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn and for post a great review! It satisfactory to know that you enjoyed our services. I am addressing your comments to my colleagues, they will appreciate your kind words.

We hope to see you soon.

Boston, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

The only reason I choose this hotel is because they offer a shuttle from the airport ensuring that we can get to the hotel safetly without worrying about getting kidnapped by an unauthorized taxi. We were 4 women standing alone in the airport at night surrounded only by men. I looked for our arranged shuttle but did not see it. I asked one of the shuttle men from another hotel and he said that it was coming. We waited 45 minutes. Finally a white car pulled up. I said no, we are wiating for the holiday inn shuttle, and he assured me this was it. Tired from waiting for so long, We got in nervously and I clutched by keys in my hand in case I had to do some self-defense. It was not the shuttle but a taxi friend of the airport guy. We got to the hotel safetly but I was so nervous the entire way. When we got to the front desk, I explained that we had waited for 45 minutes for the shuttle before having to get into a strange taxi. She mentioned the complaint to her coworker under her breathe and then continued to tell us how we could pay for the breakfast in advance to save $2. When she handed us our keys, I again repeated my complaint and that I was upset becuase I had not felt safe. At that time the bellman/shuttle driver came over and told her to tell us "Not my fault" and that we should have called the hotel. I told him that it had been scheduled and we were led to believe that a shuttle was coming at any time. I explained that we could on the shuttle as we are 4 women traveling alone in Nicaragua and had safety concerns. He started raising his voice and tell me that Nicaragua was safe and I was exaggerating. At this time, the front desk clerk told him to leave and told us that they would call a manager becuase there was none on duty at the time. The next morning, they called and said they would pay for our shuttle to the airport. WHen I said it was already being provided, they said that's all they could do. What about free breakfast or paying for the taxi we had taken there?! I was so disgusted that I will not be back.
In addition, the rooms are small. Out of the 4 rooms reserved, every single room had very stained and dirty carpets that led all of us to keep our shoes on until we had to step in bed. My friend had no towels in her room and mine were covered in holes.
I will not be returning to this hotel. When in Nicaragua stay at the Intercontinental.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Stephanie S
Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Stephanie S,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua for your recent stay in our country!

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to express your opinion about your recent stay and apologize for the any inconvenience you experienced.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We need the flight itinerary to ensure that the shuttle will be waiting for our guests, i apologize for any miscommunication. I looked your reservations in my system and we did not have your itinerary and the reservations were made through our corporate website. I would like to know if you called to the hotel asking for the shuttle or if you asked it as a special request in our website, so I will be sending you a private message to know more.

I apologize again for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again to delete the bad experience.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel was overall, bad, old and bad service. The rooms were not clean, the rug was completly filthy and stained. The lights, the A/C and the TV did not work.

The people at the front desk were not nice, taxi drivers had a terrible mood, the waiters at the restaurant were the only people who treated us nicely.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Pao L
EIMejia, Operation Manager (Room Division) at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Guest:

Receive our sincere apology for your recent experience in our hotel. We are addressing all your comments to the involved areas, since it is very important to us your opinion about our facilities and services. We do our best efforts for delivering you and our other guest the service that expect from a Holiday Inn, so be sure that we will take the corrective actions to be consistent with our promisses.

albuquerque
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

When visiting Managua for the first time recently we stayed at the Holiday Inn. The facilities were very clean and staff reflected the high level of customer service I have found in well run hotels in Latin Amercia. Far exceeds the customer service in similar facilities in the United States.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear nancybAlbuquerque,

Thanks for your great review.

We are glad you enjoyed our services and stay, our goal is you receiving a great experience. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerly,

Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great check in service, very nice installations, hotel is very modern and clean. They need to improve the restaurant service cause it's to slow. The pool is very nice. The gym also needs improving (some damaged equipments). Good experience overall.

Room Tip: Priority club floor :)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guillermo_GT,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua and post a review! It´s great to know you enjoyed our modern installations, check in service and pool.

I am addressing your comments about restaurant´s service to our General Manager and food & beverages Manager to take necessary actions and we apologize for any inconvenience you may experienced and thank you .

We hope to see you soon!