Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center
  • Breakfast included
US$59
US$54
Excellent 5/5
Art Hotel Managua(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$47
US$174
US$170
Hotwire.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsinternational hotelroom servicevery nice hotelbreakfast buffetcentral americaair conditioningairportgymminibarcabflightmall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel, which is a gem surrounded by an interesting area. The hotel was new, service was great, rooms were clean and new, we also ate at the restaurant a few times and it was delicious. Went to the pool though and the water was FREEZING!!!! Not sure if it was safe to wander around outside the hotel, so stuck inside, which was fine.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Mandywey,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Convention Center for your recent stay in Managua and post a review! We feel so happy to know that we lived up your expectations. This information will be shared with all the team for encouraging purpose.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I visited for a business week.

The hotel look old and not clean. The food was average (as expected).

The internet access was good (unexpected).

Many people in the lobby and I had to wait around 10 minutes to be checked in.

I didn't receive the treatment like Platinum member, nor even noticed. Didn't received the common Room Upgrade nor offered.

Seems that the hotel is more a convention center and focus on that than on regular hotel guest.

Price was average and room not bad.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing Holiday inn Managua for your stay! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to express your opinion about our hotel and feel glad to know that internet service was good for you.

I am really sorry for the lack of recognition as Platinum Member of IHG rewards Club and thank you for bring this topic to our attention, since it is really important for us that our IHG rewards Club members receive an special atention in a way to thank you for your loyalty. I would like to know more about your experience, so I will be sending you a private message.

I´m addressing your comments to our General Manager and executives involved, so they can take the necessary corrective actions.

We really hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and delete this bad experience delivering you the service you deserve.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Needs to clean carpets more often, we stayed over on our way to San Juan del Sur, and back, both times the rooms were heavily perfumed but the carpets stained and dirty. Lil suspicious if you ask me. Nice poolside bar, as with most hotels way overpriced on food and drinks.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Foodgirl101,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua and taking the time to express your opinion about our hotel! It is nice to know that you liked our bar. I apologize for the inconveniences with the carpet and we are glad to inform you that we are going to change the carpet this year.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again with better rooms.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Like most Holiday Inns, this one is old, dated, and a bit worn. But it is reasonably clean and the mature and lovely landscaping is immaculately maintained. The delightful pool is large, very clean, and has plenty of chairs and a bar/grill that, despite posted hours, opens erratically. Rooms are adequate with standard amenities and very, very comfortable beds. Food in the restaurant was acceptable.

Be careful about booking the club floor and expecting a club floor breakfast, a club floor check-in and concierge, happy hour with canapés, and the other standard club floor extras. We arrived to find it closed. We wanted to know why, when and if it would re-open, and whether the place would refund our upgrade money. We tried a few calls beginning with the front desk and then gave up. After we were more settled and prepared to soldier on until we found someone who could answer our questions, we tried again. This time we counted the number of people we were referred to on the telephone plus the number of people we spoke to in person after giving up on the phone and appearing in person at the font desk. Final count: TEN!

Eventual resolution was 2 drink coupons for the main restaurant and a complementary plate of indifferent appetizers. The next two mornings the club dining area was open for breakfast only, but still no concierge, happy hour, or expedited check-out.

All rooms, but no outdoor public areas, are non-smoking.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TalltrekkerTX
Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua for your last stay! We really appreciate you have taken the time to express your opinion about our services and facilities and we are glad to know that you enjoyed our pool and beds.

I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay, I´m addressing your comments to the involved areas, so they can take the corrective actions in order all our guests receive the immediately attention to their requests according to our IHG standards.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future as you deserve.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I avoided Managua like the plague on my Nicaragua Christmas trip, but considering I had a 8:00 am flight I had no choice but stay one night here. Maybe my judgement was foggy considering the last 7 nights I stayed at <$10 hostels, but the hotel was immaculate. I arrived after dark and the receptionist quickly got me checked in and up to my room. Unfortunatly, like the below reviewer, there was an extremely loud wedding party going on in the courtyard that my room over looked. It was so loud in my room that I could not sleep. I decided to get some food in the restaurant and stop off to ask if I could get my room changed. The churrasco was probably the worst I had on the trip, but the staff and service was unparalleled. When I asked to be reassigned a room, the receptionist was more than willing to change it and also got a door man to help me move my bags to the new room. The bathroom was large and very clean, and the bed so soft. If I have to stay a night in Managua again, I will stay here.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Katrina M
Ximena C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Katrina M,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua and taking the time to express your opinion about our hotel! We feel glad that our receptionist´s service lived up your expectations.

Receive our apologies for the noise due to the events, we are working on this and we hope to resolve it in some way in the near future. We have addressed your comments about the Churrasco to our F&B Manager, so she can take the corrective actions.

We hope to see you soon! We will make sure you have a total pleasant stay next time.