“I would recommend this hotel to friends, family and business associates” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center

Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Managua
“I would recommend this hotel to friends, family and business associates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Positive experiences during my two stays at this hotel
I would however recommend a more informal cafeteria style restaurant with more variety of sandwiches and other less formal plates. All in all one of the best hotels in Managua

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
José S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Rattia,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua Convention Center and taking the time to post such a wonderful review! It a big pleasure to know that we lived up your expectations.

We hope to serve you soon.

Warm Regards,

José Solórzano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Indian Trail, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am sad to report that since visiting 8 months ago, the Holiday Inn has gone downhill. My last trip I indicated the carpet was a disaster and they indicated they were replacing it but I suppose that has yet to happen. I will say they were painting and cleaning up...but the process seems a little slow. And while I can accept that, I was taken aback by the quality of the food. I was shocked. I'm not sure if they have a new food service manager or what, but I couldn't even eat the breakfast our last day. I sure hope the downward trend reverses itself, but I suspect I won't be back to find out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
José S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Chuck G G,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua Convention Center and taking the time to express your opinion about our Hotel.

We are grateful for your loyalty and I regret your disappointment. Our room refreshment project began in 2013 and it will finish in August 2014 approximately, since it depends on the demand and availability. Actually this project was decided as part of our quality program and our guest suggestions, like yours, that are very important for us.

I apologize for the inconveniences with our food & Beverages services, I´m addressing your comments to the Area Manager and we´ll do our best for improving and strengthening our weaknesses in this area.

I will be sending you a private message with my contact information in order you can contact us any time. We hope you visit us again and enjoy our renovated hotel.

Warm Regards,

seattle, wa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I just stayed here for one night before my flight home. I expected a cleaner and nicer version of this hotel. I think i was given the worst room in the hotel, it was on a ground floor and faced a wall. I ate in the hotel restaurant by the pool and had the worst meal of my entire trip. There was loud music that lasted well into the morning hours.
The location is horrible. The staff advises you not to walk anywhere because it isn't safe. They advise you not to take any taxi that isn't at the hotel because it isn't safe. The area around the hotel has nothing to offer.
The one nice thing about the hotel is the pool.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bwtrip
José S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear bwtrip,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua Convention Center for your stay in our country! It is great to know that you liked our pool.

I regret to know that we did not lived up your expectations and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our goal is consistently provide superior services and our guest´s comments are very important for us. I appreciate your feedback about our rooms and Food & Beverages Services, be sure that we will take the necessary corrective actions to avoid situations like this, happen in the future.

We are walking distance to Disco, Restaurants and others, I´m sorry for any miscommunications regarding this. Our guest´s safety is really important for us and we do our best providing the most secure options, I understand that we should give complete information about our location and I´m grateful for bringing this topic to our attention.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and delete this bad experience.

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I guess this hotel would fit a business man only in town for meetings, but for the traveller this place is not so convenient. Why? Because it is located very far from everything, and you are adviced not to walk on the street in which it is located - and even when you do it is at least a 2 km walk to other places: restaurants, bars, etc. This unfortunate location means that you rely on taxis to drive you around or eat in the hotel restaurant, which has slow service and awful food. We are aware, that the hotel might suit business travelers needs, but for us it did not. We reserved a two-night stay, but relocated after one night to a hotel within walking distance to restaurants, sights etc.

Stayed July 2014
José S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear MrManOnTheMoon,

I regret that our location did not meet your needs, even though there are some restaurants, disco, bars and others in a short waking distance from the hotel. I apologize for any miscommunication about it.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experimented in our restaurant. I´m addressing your comments to our F&B Manager, so she can take the necessary corrective actions.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Alajuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Excellent place. Good food. The hotel is at a good area close to a mall where you can get any thing. The mall has a supermarket. That is very good. Good transportation. Nice grounds, pool, other. Rooms are confortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank OSCAR O
Dear Oscar O,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua Convention Center and post such a delightful review! It’s a big pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

We hope you to visit us soon and enjoy our refreshed rooms.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is very modern clean, it has anything you need. Best of all is the caring and friendly service you are welcome to from the moment you get off the taxi. I want send special thanks to Mr. Sergio Palacio the door/bell service for his outstanding service, he show me around the hotel and always was in the lobby greeting me and asking if everything was well Mr. Sergio Palacio is truely a great assett to your hotel, also in the pool bar thanks to Ramon and Pedro for the outstanding service and for all the tips on what to do in Nicaragua you guys were amazing. This hotel is been renovated looks like renovation is almost complete and I highly recommend this property. Thanks every one at the Holiday Inn Managua for making my staying to enjoyable!

Room Tip: I have a beautiful room 409 with a great view of the area mountains facing the main street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
José S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Carlos B,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua Convention Center for your stay in our country and taking the time to post such a wonderful review! I´m so happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services.

I have shared your kind words with all our staff, with special attention to Sergio, Ramon and Pedro. They are really happy to know that you liked their service and attention and all of us are very proud of them.

Our renovation is almost complete and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again with refreshed rooms very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a great time. We will be back. Breakfast was awesome and the kids loved the pool! The rooms were clean and staff was attentive to our needs when we needed more towels. Only problem, I could never get the wifi password to work.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
José S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Olems95,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Managua Convention Center for your stay and and taking the time to post such a great review! It is a very satisfactory to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

I apologize for the inconvenience with the wi-fi password and appreciate you brought this topic to our attention, since it is going to help us to avoid this happen again in the future.

We hope you to visit us again soon and enjoy our refreshed rooms.