“Close to the airport but beyond that... Average”

Globales Camino Real
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We choose the hotel because of it's location and that was great! 5 mins away from the airport! We took a taxi instead of the shuttle because it didn't match with our flight time! The shuttle is every hour...

The rooms were average but the service and the staff was excellent! They even had someone on staff that spoke French which was great! We didn't get to use the pool simply because it was raining but it looked great! If you need an hotel really close to the hotel u could go there but keep in mind that it is a chain with it's advantages and disadvantages!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Overall the facility is very nice- a big pool- I had to ask for a towel and finally was given only one- I like 2- they give you a free drink at check in- I got rum and coke- no cocktails no macua they told me- ok- I will drink the rum and coke- I took the 5am shuttle to the airport since I had an early flight- I missed the breakfast but they did put out coffee, juice and muffins- the shuttle was efficient and free
they have a casino next door pharaohs-
I wanted a ride into town and the driver was very helpful and waited for me at each stop and took me back so I felt safe
much better than the crowne plaza

Room Tip: don't know
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel at 2 occasions, and I also attended 2 meetings organized in the hotel meeting facilities when I was staying at a different hotel n Managua. I think it is one of the best addresses in Managua, conveniently located close to the airport. As the airport is not as busy as O'Hare or JFK, it is quiet. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast which is included in room rate was excellent. The hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. There is a nice swimming pool for adults and one for kids.

Room Tip: Both times, I had a very good rooms. I also saw the rooms by my colleagues, they all seem to be iden...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erjan2016
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We were unexpectedly in Managua for two nights and took a taxi ($8) to the Camino Real, as we had stayed there before. They were full, but they phoned two other hotels and found us a room; that is going above and beyond! We returned for the second night,and due to a cancellation they gave us a room. I did a few trips to the airport to gather a team that was arriving, and the shuttle service was great. The food in the hotel is good, the rooms comfortable and the service great. This hotel is a good choice if you need something close to the Managua airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here one night, mainly because of the location to the airport...the shuttle service was great (especially after a full day of travelling). The hotel has a really lovely feel to it, bright and airy. The staff were so professional and friendly (I work in hotels, and I was impressed). The room was basic, but had some modern touches, very clean...no complaints...we slept great! The breakfast in the morning was fantastic, it had anything and everything you could possibly want (was a great way to start a long journey).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KapotK007
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was recommended by the place we were staying on Little Corn Island and close to the airport. We were very glad we did! We only stayed 2 days, but wish we could have stayed longer.

The airport shuttle was very convienent. Our flight was 1 1/2 hours late and he was still there waiting for us!

The rooms were very comfortable. After being without a/c and hot water for a week at our previous location it was Heaven for us! The grounds were also very pretty.

We ate dinner at the bar both nights. The food was great but the portions were big enough for 4 people! Luis was our bartender both nights and he was truly amazing! He was extremely nice and also makes the BEST margaritas which was a huge plus!

Their breakfast was also very good. There were many options and it was worth the price.

I definitely recommend staying here and I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank tsilk
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Arrived in Managua in the evening. It was hot and humid. Walking into the hotel was heaven. It was too late and we were too tired to hit the pool, so we hit the bar instead. Our room was nice and the bathroom was modern. The breakfast buffet was a feast. Lots of fresh fruits, juices, pastries and rolls, casseroles, etc. Grounds were very pretty. Wish we could have stayed more than just overnight.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Managua hotels
Barcelo Managua
Best Western Las Mercedes
Best Western Las Mercedes
#14 of 50 in Managua
Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua

Been to Globales Camino Real? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Globales Camino Real

Address: Km 9.5 Carretera Norte, Managua 11052, Nicaragua (Formerly Globales Camino Real)
Region: Nicaragua > Managua Department > Managua
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Spa Hotel in Managua
#3 Luxury Hotel in Managua
#5 Family Hotel in Managua
#8 Romantic Hotel in Managua
#11 Business Hotel in Managua
Price Range: £78 - £101 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Globales Camino Real 4*
The Globales Camino Real Hotel is located only 3 minutes from the airport of Managua and very close to the Casino Pharaohs. Surrounded by the beauty of the area it creates a unique ambience that is the perfect blend of ecology and luxury comfort. The hotel has of 125 rooms of the highest standard combined the excellent service from the highly qualified and trained personnel, guaranteeing you the most pleasant stay. The Globales Camino Real Hotel also has 11 well-equipped halls with a 1,500 person maximum occupancy perfect for conferences, events and special occasions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Globales Camino Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Camino Real Hotel