“Comfort, Service & Excellent Food Near Airport”

Globales Camino Real
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we arrived in Managua and returned for two nights prior to our departure. Upscale in service, decor and price. We found it a good value for pampered night or two for flight recovery and departure. The Best Western across from the Sandino Airport was full when we arrived - we are happy it was because it led us 5 minutes further down the road to Hotel Camino Real - a much better property, in our opinion. Rooms were spacious, well appointed and clean. Service was very good and the breakfast and dinners (we ate Italian mostly) were excellent as well. We utilized one of the onsite taxi drivers to attend an across town meeting -used three or four hours of his time for an incredibly reasonable fare. We tipped well and total bill was still under $20.00. Everyone at the property was gracious, helpful and efficient.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeff s

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband, daughter and I needed a place close to the Managua airport before flying to/from Big Corn Island and Hotel Camino Real was exactly the place. Service was very good and everyone was very helpful. Our rooms on both nights we stayed there were very clean and well-appointed, definitely the nicest room we stayed at in our whole Nicaragua stay. The hotel kept some of our luggage in storage while we flew to Big Corn Island for free which was a great help. And the free shuttle to and from the airport was nice too. My husband checked out the casino for a little bit and said it was average, but we aren't big gamblers so not a surprise that he wasn't that thrilled about it. The breakfast buffet wasn't complimentary but had everything on it - very nice. Would recommend a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is not on one of the main hallways. A little noisier.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dinamber
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We have stayed at Camino Real four years in a row and always had a great time there. However, our latest visit was horrible. We encountered several problems, first we were assigned to adjacent rooms without having requested it; were switched to another room where the toilet waste came out the bathtub; we were sent to another room which was dirty and had water on the bathroom's floor. Since it was an emergency switch we let it go for the night. Unfortunately, the carpet and the room were extremely dirty and remained the same despite my several requests to clean them up. Also it had no hot water even though I reported it twice. A concierge name Denisse forgot to enter my request for an extra night reason why I was followed by a doorman and asked by an employee named Marvin, to leave my room or pay immediately because my bill was kind of lengthy. Outrageous! I spoke with the General Manager who apologized for the horrible experience but did not agree to provide us with a discount. I will never go back!!!!

Room Tip: Although the rooms numbered 600 have a view to the pool they are not as clean as the ones numbered 3...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This is a great place to spend a night or two while waiting for a plane. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was very nice and most were bilingual. The hotel restaurant's food was nicely prepared especially considering that it was hotel food. In addition, the bar had a evening happy hour which was very convenient. The ability to drop our rental car off at the hotel instead of the airport also helped to speed up our trip to the airport in the morning. The shuttle to the airport has a schedule you DO NOT want to mess with are you will end of having to take a taxi to the airport so be sure to give yourself enough time to catch the shuttle.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We choose the hotel because of it's location and that was great! 5 mins away from the airport! We took a taxi instead of the shuttle because it didn't match with our flight time! The shuttle is every hour...

The rooms were average but the service and the staff was excellent! They even had someone on staff that spoke French which was great! We didn't get to use the pool simply because it was raining but it looked great! If you need an hotel really close to the hotel u could go there but keep in mind that it is a chain with it's advantages and disadvantages!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Overall the facility is very nice- a big pool- I had to ask for a towel and finally was given only one- I like 2- they give you a free drink at check in- I got rum and coke- no cocktails no macua they told me- ok- I will drink the rum and coke- I took the 5am shuttle to the airport since I had an early flight- I missed the breakfast but they did put out coffee, juice and muffins- the shuttle was efficient and free
they have a casino next door pharaohs-
I wanted a ride into town and the driver was very helpful and waited for me at each stop and took me back so I felt safe
much better than the crowne plaza

Room Tip: don't know
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel at 2 occasions, and I also attended 2 meetings organized in the hotel meeting facilities when I was staying at a different hotel n Managua. I think it is one of the best addresses in Managua, conveniently located close to the airport. As the airport is not as busy as O'Hare or JFK, it is quiet. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast which is included in room rate was excellent. The hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. There is a nice swimming pool for adults and one for kids.

Room Tip: Both times, I had a very good rooms. I also saw the rooms by my colleagues, they all seem to be iden...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends