“Our favorite Managua airport hotel”

Globales Camino Real
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Kentucky
“Our favorite Managua airport hotel”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

For an airport hotel, CR is great. It's super quiet yet only a quick minute from the airport. The spa is great. My father reported that he had an excellent massage. The gym is very nice - big, clean, airy - and the steam room worked well. The pool is huge, and the buffet breakfast is truly amazing. We've stayed at CR several times and were very sad when it was fully booked this last time around. If you ever have a late arrival (or early departure), this is the place to stay in Managua.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms near the spa. Try 314-320.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LDJKY
ventashcr, Director General at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. If you need help for future bookings please contact me.

Sales Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warrensburg, New York
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

This place was above my expectations. It happened to be busy with holiday parties from local businesses but we real enjoined our day there. The room was large and clean and also the staff was very helpful. I would recommend this place again and again,

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ventashcr, Director Comercial at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

fort worth
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Must say I had some trepidation about staying near an airport considering the various consequences.
I must say that I found the hotel to be very nice. You pay for what you get is what I believe.
I stayed in room 304.
Pablo, the doorman directed me to a nearby sports bar where the beers were $1.00.
At the hotel, they were $3.75.
It´s a small walk from the hotel but I got to mingle with some of the locals.
that were drinking.
Overall I would stay there again.
I must say the staff from the front desk to everyone else was very friendly and made me feel welcomed.

Room Tip: Take a room by the pool. My time there was very quiet and I heard no noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FortWorthJeffie
ventashcr, Director Comercial at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
We are glad to hear that you had a good stay with us.
We hope to serve you in the near future.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights at the end of my stay in Nicaragua. This hotel is VERY convenient to the airport, and has a free shuttle, which is great. If you are looking for a nicer place to stay for a night, and don't care about spending way more money than you should, this is your place.

I definitely felt that they squeezed every dollar they could out of me, and I unfortunately didn't get the service that other reviewers mentioned. No one carried or offered to carry my bags to my room after checking in, there were no coffee/pastries waiting for me as I got on the 530am shuttle (despite the hotel charging me for breakfast!), I received constant harassment about 'cleaning my room' (knocks on the door, phone calls, etc.) despite having the 'do not disturb' on the whole time, there are no towels or food/drink service at the pool (or maybe they just didn't want to serve me, I did see a waiter talking to a couple at some point), etc.

I ate one night in the hotel restaurant solo, and came away with an almost $30US bill, more than I would pay for a quick meal in the US! Still not sure what was going on with that bill. They arranged a cab for me to the larger Managua mall, for $15US each way (more than I would pay for the same ride in NYC). I asked them to not have the cab driver wait at the mall (repeatedly asked) and that I would make my way back myself. But low and behold, this was never communicated and he ended up staying and waiting.

Kind of a long review, but I'm still irritated at having spent almost $300US for 30 hours at this hotel, with all expenses considered. Next time- Best Western it is!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LauraBeth711
ventashcr, Director Comercial at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thanks for your post in Trip Advisor. We take every comment seriously and we work everyday to fulfill our customers expectations.
If you need to extend your comment please do not hesitate to contact me.
Costa Rica
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at the Best Western in front of the airport which was nice on my last trip. When I arrived at the Camino Real the service was fantastic. From the front desk, which took care of me efficiently and effectively, to the gentleman that walked me to my room and helped me get settled, to the young woman who delivered my food from room service it was just a fantastic experience.

It is really a not to be missed experience. The people are reason enough to visit the Camino Real over every other location.

Room Tip: I was there during a wedding on a Saturday and was in 411 and did not hear a thing. Away from the p...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RobertoB2112
Hello Roberto,

Thank you for your post in Trip Advisor. We appreciate your opinion. If you need further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed here one night as we were transiting through Managua. In truth we only spent about 6 hours here (and most of it sleeping) since we arrived late and had an early morning flight. But everything we experienced was fine. That said, at $122 a night I would have expected much much nicer which is why I could only give it a 3 star.

Check-in was straightforward and our room was clean and appointed with a desk, side chair and wall unit. Room was large with two very comfy beds and a super hot shower. But for this price range of a hotel, it should have been a better room - carpeted floors, not tiles, better artwork, not dingy green walls.

That said, we really appreciated the pastry cart they put out in the morning with juice and coffee; especially as we weren't sure we'd get it since we were leaving at the ungodly hour of 4:45am. The airport shuttle was ready and waiting and whisked us promptly to the airport. So for everything we needed and wanted it was great.

We didn't search too thoroughly for hotels in Managua as we had a strong preference to avoid a late night arrival into the downtown and being by the airport saved us a little extra time in the morning. So for us it was a mixed bag. We knowingly paid a premium for its location and to be close to the airport, and we appreciated the small things like the airport shuttle and pastry cart, but at the end of the day it’s wasn’t as nice as it should and can be. So for us, one of the worst value places we stayed in Central America.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your post in Trip Advisor. We work everyday to improve our service. If you need further help please do not hesitate to contact me.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Being that this hotel is located so close to the airport and still tucked away from heavy traffic makes it the perfect location for business and personal travel. There are tennis courts, weight rooms, a massage parlor and even a casino attached to the hotel. The rooms are well kept and clean. This is not a luxury experience, but it is perfect due to the location. Be sure and try out the restaurant attached to the main lobby. You cannot go wrong with any of the steak dishes while in Nicaragua.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kris K
ventashcr, Director of Sales at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Kris,

Thank you for your post in Trip Advisor. We are very glad that you enjoyed our steak dish in the restaurant. Feel free to contact me for future reservations.