Globales Camino Real
US$146
US$59
US$54
Excellent 5/5
Art Hotel Managua(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$47
US$171
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsclose to the airportfree shuttlefree welcome drinkcasino attachedminutes from the airportlast nighttennis courtsbreakfast buffetairport hotelthe shuttle driverpool areanice hotelnice poolan early morning flighthotel groundscomfortable bedsbusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It was our first time to Nicaragua and this was a very nice hotel, close to the airport. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent with a lot of variety and very good coffee. The front desk staff was friendly and the service was good. It was a nice retreat after a busy day of touring and zip lining!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Moshire
ventashcr, Director of Sales at Globales Camino Real, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you very much for trusting us. We hope to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had a business trip to a small place in the North. The hotel was prefect as we flown in late evening. Had a business trip in the North (very easy from the hotel) and had flight in the early morning.
Good food, nothing special, but that is not why you use this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that your business trip has been successful and that our hotel has been useful for your purposes.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

It is very close to the airport. I e-mail the property in advance and they had thier shuttle waiting for us at the airport. Property is very nice with good staff. Frond Desk can be a little bit friendlier but they are ok. They also offer a very good breakfast. It is worth to get the breakfast inclusive rate. The only negative thing is that it is like 15 minutes or so from the city center (around $10 cab ride).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ahmad V

Thank you very much for expressing your opinion. We are pleased to read reviews of our customers.
If you need help please contact us.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel on New Year's eve. I was traveling from Guatemala to Granada, Nicaragua and had to spend the night at Managua due to late arrival of my flight. This hotel had the basic amenities and the rooms are also fine. All rooms are at the same level and there is a good swimming pool in the middle.

However, quality of service left a LOT to be desired! I picked this hotel for the facts that 1) I don't speak Spanish, so wanted to stay close to airport with a shuttle service and 2) generally positive reviews noted on Tripadvisor (usually works well for me). It was a mistake! I had the Spanish speaking concierge from Guatemala City hotel (Hotel Barcelo, which is a 5 start hotel) call this hotel to give all of my travel details for the shuttle pickup. Stood there in that weird and tiny airport for 40-50 min for nothing, late at night! Fellow traveler helped me to get a taxi given language challenges.

When I showed up at the hotel, I felt I made a mistake by traveling on that day and coming to this hotel. It's clear that the system showed that a shuttle should have been there, but no apologies - just this older guy, who was clearly bummed about working on 31st night explaining to me that it's a holiday and that I should understand why no shuttle (initially he was trying to convince me that it could be misunderstanding about flights details due to my language issues, since he didn't know who actually called). When inquired about food (was traveling from Guatemala City via San Salvador...so was on the road for a while) for night, got similar response, this time with an interesting shrug. Later I discovered that there's a casino next door with really bad food, but at least I could eat some for the night. If you're thinking any activity for New Year's eve, there's zip, nada! Place was dead. Had to go straight to bed.

Next day morning I needed to catch a shuttle or taxi, whatever was available, to Granada. Hotel seems to own its taxi business (logo was on the side of the cab that I took and saw similar ones parked inside the property), so was trying to sell me hard on that. Was explained how every other option would be so unsafe for me! Then they speak on the other side of their mouth claiming how Nicaragua is the safest country in the region with all the protection for tourists and police patrolling everywhere! I did take their taxi, because it seemed to be the easier option. But funny how that guy at the counter told me that the fare is 'usually $60' for a 45-50 min drive, in Nicaragua!! But, out of good heart, the driver is willing to go for $50 - how lucky was I! When I started to speak in very clear and slow English that I'd been around quite a bit and tons of info from fellow passengers say how it's $35 usually (including lonely planet guide)...they began to give me the rap that's the price on the way back! Anyway, we agreed to $40, as I needed to get the hell out of that place first thing in the morning. Driver was good though and we had a good conversation on the way (he lived in Canada for 18+ years...)

I should be clear. I don't usually give bad reviews. Nicaragua is a great country with everyone I came across has been fantastic - super friendly, down to earth people, and a great attitude to share their history, culture and a genuine willingness to help. Other hotels after this place in Nicaragua were great. But I found the staff at Camino Real that I dealt with to be questionable in terms of their professionalism and clear lack of empathy and understanding of tourists' needs. The whole taxi service and associated pricing looked somewhat sketchy as well - may be, it's par for the course, but the reception folks left me more confused. In the mid of the day and when all things are working fine, then a lot of places can provide good service...but at a time when I needed them, this hotel failed me! Would be hard pressed to recommend this place to anyone based on my recent experience...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank subrata7

Thank you very much for letting us know the inconveniences during your stay. We work hard to deliver a satisfactory service to our clients. Corrective measures are implemented immediately to improve our service.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I really liked this place and have stayed there on three occasions. It is near the airport and has a reliable pickup and delivery, plus English-speaking people at the desk. The pool is very nice and clean. Rooms are also very well kept. The restaurant here is really good. The place has one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever enjoyed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank smk47807
ventashcr, Director of Sales at Globales Camino Real, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thanks for your recent review. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Sales Manager